Team-BHP - Ducati officially launched in INDIA - 15 to 50 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Ducati officially launched in INDIA - 15 to 50 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/39337-ducati-officially-launched-india-15-50-lakhs.html)

Italian 2-wheeler Ducati forays into India

Italian 2-wheeler Ducati forays into India - livemint

Italian two-wheeler maker Ducati Motor Holding on Wednesday announced its foray into the Indian automobile market with the launch of five motorcycles, priced in the range of Rs 15 lakh to Rs 50 lakh.

"We will be launching four different models in multiple variants. These bikes will be available starting at Rs 15 lakh to Rs 50 lakh in the Indian market," said Ashish Chordia, Chief Executive Officer of Precision Motor India Pvt Ltd, sole distributor of Ducati bikes in India. The company would import sixty units this year from its Italian manufacturing unit, he added.

This what was on the other forums

848-21lakh
1098-25lakh
1098R-48lakh
Hypermotard-15lakh

Thats a much waited entrant into the mobike scene in india. Definitely it will click in the indian market i think.

I doubt at those prices it will sell. I am sure you can import them at a cheaper price yourself. I know a person who has a Hypermotard and the bike isnt anything great. Definately not worth its 15 laks asking price. I would rather go in for an R1

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTA (Post 821826)
I doubt at those prices it will sell. I am sure you can import them at a cheaper price yourself. I know a person who has a Hypermotard and the bike isnt anything great. Definately not worth its 15 laks asking price. I would rather go in for an R1

I'll second you on that one.

50? hello!

still! Welcome to India!

Muhuhuhua! I feel like shouting "I Told You So" - check the Ducati entry discussion thread where I said they would cost at least twice the price of an equivalent Jap bike.

Still, you could buy a Hyperetard at 15 lakhs...

To give some facts ...

Yamaha R1 and MT01 offically prices 12.5 lakhs OTR - around 75 bikes are sold out already ..beat that and still the demand is rising.

As long as there are ppl with cash , it WILL sell .

Ho ... heard one ducati already sold for 48L BTW :p ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 821847)
To give some facts ...

Yamaha R1 and MT01 offically prices 12.5 lakhs OTR - around 75 bikes are sold out already ..beat that and still the demand is rising.

As long as there are ppl with cash , it WILL sell .

Ho ... heard one ducati already sold for 48L BTW :p ..

Well, of course they sold that many! Its Japanese remember? Japanese = reliability, and that is why people don't mind spending that kind of money. Besides, spares and accessories are much cheaper easily available everywhere.

I'm sorry, but I can't say the same about European bikes.

So Finally Ducati is here? Where is Chordia going to sell the bikes from? The Porsche showroom? Now you will see Porsche Audi and Ducati under one roof :)

Insane prices though

If someone chooses to spend 2 crores on an F430/Gallardo over a GTR, why wonder whether people will buy a Ducati at 48 lakhs ?

It is ridiculously expensive, I know. But people will buy. Those who know the value of the Ducati will still buy it. I would if I had a chance.

@ Dippy : Dont worry we arent planning to sell everything from under one roof.
Audi showroom is underway and coming at worli soon.
So is a DUCATI outlet in mumbai...
how does that sound?

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorque (Post 822041)
@ Dippy : Dont worry we arent planning to sell everything from under one roof.
Audi showroom is underway and coming at worli soon.
So is a DUCATI outlet in mumbai...
how does that sound?

Sounds good. Didnt Audi have a showroom at Chembur or is this another one coming up at Worli. Where do you plan to locate the Ducati dealership?

Whoa!! Now I wonder where this will head. At the lower end of Rs 12 lakhs,they might manage to sell a few units. But anything above Rs 15 lakhs,and err..hmm.. I'm really not sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 821842)
Still, you could buy a Hyperetard at 15 lakhs...

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ! Btw I REALLY LOVE THAT BIKE! How dare you call it that ?! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 822206)
Whoa!! Now I wonder where this will head. At the lower end of Rs 12 lakhs,they might manage to sell a few units. But anything above Rs 15 lakhs,and err..hmm.. I'm really not sure.

I'm sure they know they're not going to sell as many. Its the same in the US and rest of the world as well although sales numbers are high , they're way lower compared to Japanese and else.

I know Ducati is worth a lot being the Ferrari of bikes so to say.. but still ?? 50 lacs?

Its absurd. I dont even want to go to the Ducati site see the US prices and do the usual math. Either way it will not make any sense to me.