Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2008, 15:36   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
No Straight6, i would not be staying there for long.would be visiting these places on for a month.so the TR way is ruled out.Also my elder brother lives in states,he has been there for 2 year's now,can he purchase a bike in his name and transfer it here for my usage.What is the minimum time frame the bike should be used under his ownership before getting transfered and how substantially would the price go down vis-a-vis getting it myself?
He can get the bike down on his name, but it can't be transferred to your name for 2 years. Besides, he can't leave the bike here and go back. If he's planning to be here for more than 2 years then its perfect for you. I'm guessing you are his real brother so you have the same surname. In that case, you can ride the bike around. No one will say anything because its your brothers bike.
Old 12th July 2008, 15:44   #47
BHPian

Hey thanks straight6 for the detailed feedback.Also when while you were writing the last reply i found this site Custom Information (Services)

it answered quite a lot of my queries and precisely.Recomended.
Old 12th July 2008, 15:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks straight6 for the detailed feedback.Also when while you were writing the last reply i found this site Custom Information (Services)

it answered quite a lot of my queries and precisely.Recomended.
How soon do you expect to get this bike? The Gixxer 600 will be launched here by early '09 and you'll be better off waiting instead of going through the trouble. They are launching the bigger bikes before that by Sept-Nov.
Old 12th July 2008, 16:18   #49
BHPian

If that's the scene brother than i really don't mind waiting.However are you sure about the 600 as well?
Also i am not considering any other model it has to be a gixxer.
Old 12th July 2008, 16:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If that's the scene brother than i really don't mind waiting.However are you sure about the 600 as well?
Also i am not considering any other model it has to be a gixxer.
You don't mind the Gixxer 1000 then? That one is being launched after the Hayabusa. Yes, the 600 will be launched but, its last in line.

Last edited by straight6 : 12th July 2008 at 16:34.
Old 13th July 2008, 18:25   #51

@ Straight 6 : Are you sure that Gixer 600 will be priced 7 lakhs ? And when you say early 09, any idea about which month ?

If the Gixer is releasing @ 7 lakhs, then i dont mind going for it. I guess a 600cc is more ideal for Indian Roads. An moreover, i sometimes feel it as a terrific idea of buying a 1000 cc bike which actually costs you 4.5 lakhs (the original price) for 12 lakhs ( and if taken in installments, you end up paying 15 lakhs).

Then again, this is just my view.
Old 13th July 2008, 20:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution 1 View Post
@ Straight 6 : Are you sure that Gixer 600 will be priced 7 lakhs ? And when you say early 09, any idea about which month ?

If the Gixer is releasing @ 7 lakhs, then i dont mind going for it. I guess a 600cc is more ideal for Indian Roads. An moreover, i sometimes feel it as a terrific idea of buying a 1000 cc bike which actually costs you 4.5 lakhs (the original price) for 12 lakhs ( and if taken in installments, you end up paying 15 lakhs).

Then again, this is just my view.
1. The Gixxer will not be priced at 7 lakhs so take that figure out of your head because, even in the grey market it costs around 7.25-7.50. Suzuki warranty and service will not come at the same price. Besides, you can get it on load as well. I'm expecting it to be around 8.5-9.5

2. I don't know the exact month. It depends how quickly they release the bikes one after the other.
Old 13th July 2008, 21:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
a company can certainly bring down CBUs, but then they are subject to ARAI regulations, which the motorcycles mentioned above will not clear.
Dear, if Suzuki can bring in and homologate the Gixxer 600, they certainly can bring in the SV650 or the GS. As CKD's, not CBU's. Homologation shouldn't be a problem provided the company's committed.

Again, regarding the import rules. Technically, bikes below 800cc aren't allowed to be imported by individuals, although they can be brought down via TOR, subject to homolgation by ARAI. Bikes above 800cc can be brought down by individuals and corporates alike, who have to pay 110% customs, 4% octroi, 24% special duty, plus registration & insurance (totalling about 1L odd). Transportation for CBU's vary from 150 per KG to 210 per KG (air freight charges). These were the available figures, last time I checked (a few months back).

All wishful thinking nevertheless, since no competent 600 or thereabouts in going to be launched in the near term (read1-2 years). None affordable, anyways.....I'd much rather pay 10L for four wheels than two.

Practically speaking, anything above 5-6L for an SBK is well, um, under-utilization of resources (read-expensive)...at least for poor enthusiasts like me...
Old 13th July 2008, 22:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Dear, if Suzuki can bring in and homologate the Gixxer 600, they certainly can bring in the SV650 or the GS. As CKD's, not CBU's. Homologation shouldn't be a problem provided the company's committed.

Again, regarding the import rules. Technically, bikes below 800cc aren't allowed to be imported by individuals, although they can be brought down via TOR, subject to homolgation by ARAI. Bikes above 800cc can be brought down by individuals and corporates alike, who have to pay 110% customs, 4% octroi, 24% special duty, plus registration & insurance (totalling about 1L odd). Transportation for CBU's vary from 150 per KG to 210 per KG (air freight charges). These were the available figures, last time I checked (a few months back).

All wishful thinking nevertheless, since no competent 600 or thereabouts in going to be launched in the near term (read1-2 years). None affordable, anyways.....I'd much rather pay 10L for four wheels than two.

Practically speaking, anything above 5-6L for an SBK is well, um, under-utilization of resources (read-expensive)...at least for poor enthusiasts like me...
I thought the same and argued with the guy about how they would manage getting the 600 but I was assured that the rule was now changed and only bikes below 800 cc would be homologated.

As for calling yourself a poor enthusiast, I don't agree with that. If you have the will, you will get the bike. It all depends on what your priorities are in life. By saying this, you are losing half the battle.
Old 5th October 2008, 20:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

I was just told by a very reliable source that the '09 Busa will be launched on the 25th of November.
Old 6th October 2008, 14:40   #56
amk

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post

You are not entirely correct. 800cc and over can be imported at a duty rate of 92% but they need to be type approved (homolgation?) and need to be imported by sea from the country of origin. Sine you will never get a type approval certificate and usually will not import from country of origin (or not get country of origin certificate) there is a penalty. The penalty is between 20% to 100% at the officer's discretion. So you could import it legally at a good price or you could go completely overboard and over budget.

Of course the extras like Octroi, freight, reg, ins, etc. will need to be paid too.
Old 4th November 2008, 23:06   #57
BHPian

Suzuki GSR 600 Spotted!

Guy's i was at the Gold's spot factory junction in Andheri East yesterday,in my car.I was driving towards borivli.I spotted these two guy's riding what looked like japanese street bikes,on closer inspection realised that those were Suzuki's GSR 600's

Both the bikes were absolutely identical,even the colour,which in question was absolutely bad.It was some Maroonish colour,which i couldn't find on any countries suzuki website.Moreover what lead me to believe that these must be guys from Suzuki India,was the fact that they would ride every 15 minutes and note something down.They were just not riding like how a average biker would,and not especially in the 6.30 pm traffic at Andheri East.Also the helmet's they were wearing were,i kid you not,those 250-300 rs. one's you get with the Ferrari Malboro graphic's on the back.

Just wondering what could this be.Is suzuki really planning on anything like this.Please let's have some insight on this!!!
Old 4th November 2008, 23:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

Are you referring to this bike? Looks too much like a XXL sized FZ16
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki SBK's launched - Hayabusa & Intruder EDIT- Now Gixxer Announced-gsr600.jpg  

Last edited by Mpower : 4th November 2008 at 23:50.
Old 5th November 2008, 01:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

That's the GSR....! A very nice bike..one can only pray to God that Suzuki launch this bike, at say, the southern side of 4L.

If Suzuki manages to do so, I'll be one very happy fella....amongst other bhpians, of course....
Old 5th November 2008, 06:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

I know that they are launching the Busa first in this month and then the others. This one was not listed. Even if they do, it will be close to 5 L.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks