Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: what is a better option
brand new shining comet 24 47.06%
7-10 year old 400 or a 600 cc (good condition ) 27 52.94%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2005, 00:44   #61
BHPian

Fieroid - you are there almost all the time means the TVS service center? do you work there or is your bike always there???[/quote]

well.....thats a confusing statement!hmmm!
that means i'm most of the time ther working on my bike and i go there to meet the manager and my mechanic......i also take my frends bikes there for mods and service and my bike is there almost on all weeks for some or the other r&d.
also they r working on a v-twin fiero wid 300c and can pump 26hp...so i take a lot of sneek into it!

i think u dont need to change the ranking coz i can bet that TVS has the best CRM! all fall after that..

long time ago,even i sent a mailt o TVS and they replied in 2 days...wonder what happ to the CRM team!
Old 16th April 2005, 13:14   #62
BHPian

hmmm 300cc v twin 26 bhp fiero just doesnt sound right... let them figure out how to do a 5th gear first on a bike!
Old 18th April 2005, 12:26   #63

i got my comet a week b4 im not trying to boast about it but the one who has ridden it vil boast about it im tellin you the bike doesnt feel like 250 in any sense the huge tank is as big as a 600 cc tankthe rear tyres are huge and meaty the front tyres are also big ive heard some ppl compare it to the zma it is impossible zma is an indian make and the comet is imported there is a hell lotta diff between both of them performancewise also and lukz wise also im tellin u the bike looks like a monster itz noway compared to ne indian bikes as of now

Please refrain from using SMS language on the forum. Consider this as a warning and violating this will lead to a permanant ban from the forum

Last edited by Stratos : 18th April 2005 at 12:34.
Old 18th April 2005, 15:37   #64
BHPian

Slightly off topic here.

Sunil, I thought TVS were the first to put up a fifth gear on their bike the Shaolin. Ages ago. But I dont have an idea as to why the rest of the bikes don't have a fifth cog. Any ideas other folks.

Back to the Comet.
Hyosung's website in English is a real bad one. Tried getting reviews of the bike by international users and I've seen a couple of good comments on it. Check this link: http://www.bikez.com/bike/show_review.php?review=223 Though I did not understand the point about the bike's front suspension and handling.
Old 19th April 2005, 13:49   #65
BHPian

hmmm... i think a good review of the Comet can be found at overdrive's website
www.overdrive.co.in

try that?
Old 20th April 2005, 04:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi
hmmm 300cc v twin 26 bhp fiero just doesnt sound right... let them figure out how to do a 5th gear first on a bike!
oh man.....ur very poor at reading posts..
read properly,i'm not saying that this machine is being done by tvs, this is a fiero that is being developed in front of my eyes at ZEN TVS , firm in bangalore that prepares race bikes for tvs riders.they work on only fiero, shogun and shaolin most the time and they r authorised dealers for tvs bikes.
its a fiero that they r making by merging 2 suzuki fiero engines,i.e. a single engine bottom but wid a twin cam chain,6 plate clutch,twin con rod crank etc.....so thats a lot of work and is not as easy as it sounds.

also i agree that a 4 speeder can do as good as a 5 speeder and the reason why tvs makes 4 speeders is coz they know that the 4 cogs r good enuff to pull the juice out of the engine....ok compare the fiero and the cbz and u will find that the fiero has far more tall gearing than the cbz, even though it has 5 speeds.....tvs has been developing bikes much before bajaj and kinetic,so they know whats good, but the indian psychy is copmpetely changed now as the pulsars and the cbz and the other brands offer them as a feature....so that makes them proudly advertise in the ads that their bikes have 5 speed.but the end result is the same!
Old 21st April 2005, 12:11   #67
BHPian

Fieroid,

Tell us more about the V twin Fiero. Sounds like an interesting concept. I stay in Bangalore currently, and would love to come and see how the development is happening.

Superavi
Old 21st April 2005, 12:45   #68
Team-BHP Support

Guys, I suggest you stay on the topic here. If you want to discuss something else, please start a new thread. Any further off topic talk in this thread will be deleted.
Old 22nd April 2005, 21:59   #69
BHPian

look what the mod says.....will post a diff thread!
Old 26th April 2005, 04:53   #70
BHPian

hi there
have'nt ever ridden a comet or seen one really up close so maybe i'm not really qualified to comment on it's quality or fit and finish or ridability .. but .. i have lived with a verrrry nice CBR 600 F3 for quite a long time and have also ridden a CBR 400 RR for a bit and i gotta tell u this .. NOTHING comes close to the feeling .. i've ridden quite a few other bikes too viz .. CB400, CBR 600 F, CBR 750 Hurricane, VFR800, ZX-9R, Shadow, Valkyrie and i tell u there's just no feeling like the growl from a four-into-one on an inline four .. i've also ridden an aquila .. and i'm really sorry but it's crap .. well maybe cruisers just don't do it for me .. and i read somewhere that Hyosung is supposed to be the Hyundai of bikes .. well how many of us here are really revved up by a Hyundai .. in fact that'd be a reason for me NOT to buy one .. anyway what i'm saying here is that you CAN get a reasonably good 400 / 600 for about 3 or 3.5 lakhs .. it just won't be very new but that won't mean it's bad .. if it were my money i would'nt even look at the comet .. i'm sorry but there is just NO comparison

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks