Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 15:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda will launch Superbikes soon. EDIT: CB1000 and CBR1000 RR launched

Honda is all set to launch their Superbikes in the Indian market by the end of '08 or the beginning of '09. They will launch two 1000 cc bikes. One will definitely be the CBR 1000 RR and the other one would most probably be the CBF 1000 or the new CB 1000 R.

I like it. Things are hotting up. Now lets see what Kawasaki gets apart from the Ninja 250.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Will the bikes be available like other products ? Or will they come up with special showrooms like Bajaj's " probiking " ?

Last edited by aaggoswami : 31st July 2008 at 15:56.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well on paper it does look like its gonna rain SBK's but the only company which has done this is Yamaha.
And anyways anything above 5l is something that people like me cannot afford and I dont think too many smaller bikes will be launched so, on one hand I am excited and on the other hand completely disappointed with the pricing. I know its our belived govt. who is responsible for the pricing but then its us who pay the price. Lets see when we have a thread that says "Honda/Kawa/Suzuki SBK's launched"
Old 31st July 2008, 16:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Will the bikes be available like other products ? Or will they come up with special showrooms like Bajaj's " probiking " ?
I guess they will be available in the showroom where you get the Activa and the Unicorn.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:58   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Good News. But, its only for the elite who can afford to spend 12L on a bike which are not many in our country. For lesser mortals like us, a good 250CC within 3L would be an offer very few can resist to lap it up.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Great news, but let's wait and watch how they price 'em.
Old 31st July 2008, 22:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Well on paper it does look like its gonna rain SBK's but the only company which has done this is Yamaha.
And anyways anything above 5l is something that people like me cannot afford and I dont think too many smaller bikes will be launched so, on one hand I am excited and on the other hand completely disappointed with the pricing. I know its our belived govt. who is responsible for the pricing but then its us who pay the price. Lets see when we have a thread that says "Honda/Kawa/Suzuki SBK's launched"
I absolutely agree.

If the government decreases the duty on imported bikes..we would be a very happy bunch.Why dont understand this by lowering the import duty sales voulme will increase thereby giving more duty to government.

I will make sure I will mention this in my next essay 'If I were the Prime minister of India'.
Old 1st August 2008, 01:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

max:High duty cost is there for a purpose .Agreed we all want the cost to be lowered so we can enjoy these big bikes.However if the cost are lowerd these bikes will flood the indian market. we do not have the infrastructure to support these bikes in big quantites.Also these bikes require certain level of discipline to ride.I am sure you must be aware of the riding habits of the people.Lastly our domestic motorcycle manufacturers will also be affected.There sales will take a hit.
Old 1st August 2008, 19:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
max:High duty cost is there for a purpose .Agreed we all want the cost to be lowered so we can enjoy these big bikes.However if the cost are lowerd these bikes will flood the indian market. we do not have the infrastructure to support these bikes in big quantites.Also these bikes require certain level of discipline to ride.I am sure you must be aware of the riding habits of the people.Lastly our domestic motorcycle manufacturers will also be affected.There sales will take a hit.
I agree but not everyone one will buy a bike worth 5-6 lacs (original cost).
Most of the cummuters use 100 cc bike due to its mileage and would not go to office on a R1.
Old 2nd August 2008, 06:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Ya, can you imagine what would happen if every other guy starts riding these here? Think of what would happen on "badi raat"! India would lose its second spot in the rankings for population.

In fact, I'm happy the way they are priced. Not everyone should be able to buy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxj2005 View Post
I agree but not everyone one will buy a bike worth 5-6 lacs (original cost).
Most of the cummuters use 100 cc bike due to its mileage and would not go to office on a R1.
There is an X-Bhp member who rides his R1 to work. If you give it priority , you can do that as well.
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Heard that the owner of the Mumbai Porsche showroom rides his Ducatti to work ,there is a guy in my office premises who gets the old BMW dirt kind of bike to work.
Old 2nd August 2008, 17:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Well i know someone who rides his busa to work.And most of the commuters use 100 cc bikes ok:but they are more than enough people who will buy these bikes if they are cheaper by about 35% to 40%.Almost everyone i know can buy the bike at its international MRP. Its only the high duty cost that prevents them from doing so.And i am glad they cant afford it.Hell they cant even control a sunny zip.leave alone a superbike.And such people are spread all across the country I am sure.So as straight6 says it is indeed good that these bikes are so priced.
Old 3rd August 2008, 12:59   #13
BHPian

another thing that deters people going who are even thinking of purchasing at these prices is. " what if i buy a nice car for myself at 10-12 lakhs it would be good for everyone " especially if u are living in a big family spending 10 lakhs for a bike will be difficult even if u can afford it cause the upper generation would think its a waste go buy a splendour or passion get good mileage and be happy. wish we had cheteks again!!!!!
Old 4th August 2008, 19:15   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Ya, can you imagine what would happen if every other guy starts riding these here? Think of what would happen on "badi raat"! India would lose its second spot in the rankings for population.

In fact, I'm happy the way they are priced. Not everyone should be able to buy them.

There is an X-Bhp member who rides his R1 to work. If you give it priority , you can do that as well.
I have my plans to buy a R1/CBR once I come back to India.

In and around NCR the problem riding a superbike to office is parking and roads.

I am sure nobody will give the keys to his R1 to the parking boy in CP.

For me its gonna be more of Weekends rides.
Old 5th August 2008, 17:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Honda would most likely begin with the Viffer. It has been claimed so by the officials themselves.

Regarding the pricing, it seems sad that there are people who still want the superbikes to be priced the way they are. There are so many enthusiasts out there who can control these machines very well, would do anything in their power to own and maintain them, and keep them closer to their hearts than anything else. But can't do so due to the obscene pricing.

All bikes should be launched at their international prices. It's not a matter of exuberance, but affordability. People should have the option of being able to choose and afford whatever they crave for; desire to the core. Period. we aren't talking of extremities like Mcmercs or Nascar editions here. Superbikes are bare-basics. Heck, handling a Gixxer ain't like flying an F-22....

Most Viewed