Old 29th September 2008, 19:42   #91
Senior - BHPian

Where are the other pics guys?
Old 29th September 2008, 20:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintan15 View Post
Hey guys,

I was the first one to reach there (not that I wanted to) but I am normally crazy when on 2 wheels.
Yea i did get a preview of that on two occasions.

soon I realized that I had to stretch the blade’s legs so I started speeding ahead. I kept looking for other bikers of the gang but could not find anyone, I took the Panvel road, and as soon as I passed the city I started ripping the 954.It handled like a dream. . I kept going & looking for others but could not see any one of them, & I soon started believing that these guys must have stormed away to lonavala. I reached Kamats to find no one

This was like one of your earlier rides. Remember you told us once. Similar thing.

@Danlalan.. I think you need to come with me on that machine to really know how it feels ( It will be very hard for you to hang on but if you do you will have a ride of your lifetime). It was awesome.

No way man! iam never coming.its scary. Abhi tells me everytime.
Also its no fun for the rider then.

I wish we could video tape our rides someday.

Possible. Someone will have to come in their car

Reply is given in the quote itself. Mods.
Old 29th September 2008, 20:50   #93
BHPian

when is the next ride?

hey everybody. its great to see rides happening in and around mumbai. just wanted to ask you'll whether there is any kind of restriction to the bikes as in, i have a old kawcker 400, not as fast as ur bike (i doubt if its even half as fast ) and i wanna join in for the next ride too. so can i?
why the old bike?
i am not really a skilled rider. just started riding few months back so the cheaper bike, will be picking up a bike once i've learnt to ride it properly. please let me know. plus i'm trying to fix up few things on the bike. so need some technical help too. but i guess that is a different topic.... thnx... really appreciate ur work... keep it up!!!

mods please do the needfull if my post is off topic
Old 30th September 2008, 00:11   #94
Team-BHP Support

Abhijeet, it does not matter what you ride as long as you ride with a helmet, and preferably some more safety gear.
We will be riding again in a week or two, just drop one of us a pm with your phone number, and you'll be informed the next time we intend to headout.
Btw, is yours a blue zzr400? I think we've met before.

manson.
Old 30th September 2008, 02:48   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
hey everybody. its great to see rides happening in and around mumbai. just wanted to ask you'll whether there is any kind of restriction to the bikes as in, i have a old kawcker 400, not as fast as ur bike (i doubt if its even half as fast ) and i wanna join in for the next ride too. so can i?
why the old bike?
i am not really a skilled rider. just started riding few months back so the cheaper bike, will be picking up a bike once i've learnt to ride it properly. please let me know. plus i'm trying to fix up few things on the bike. so need some technical help too. but i guess that is a different topic.... thnx... really appreciate ur work... keep it up!!!

mods please do the needfull if my post is off topic
Don't you see the Karizma's in those pics? Why wouldn't a 400 be allowed?
Old 30th September 2008, 03:15   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Don't you see the Karizma's in those pics? Why wouldn't a 400 be allowed?
Sorry. thought it might be some wannabe roadside guy who wants to click pictures of his bike next to the bigger meaner looking bikes
Old 30th September 2008, 09:58   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Abhijeet, it does not matter what you ride as long as you ride with a helmet, and preferably some more safety gear.
We will be riding again in a week or two, just drop one of us a pm with your phone number, and you'll be informed the next time we intend to headout.
Btw, is yours a blue zzr400? I think we've met before.

manson.

hey.. i always ride with a helmet. i've "pm"ed u my number so pls keep me updated with the details.

i never had a zzr400 this is my first 4 pot bike i had a blue rd though (did that confuse you?). well its a old gpz. planing to switch over to something more faster in the 400 or 600 class. (let me know if there is anything good that anyone knows of which is going for cheap). have tried my friends bikes like the busa and 1000rr but not for too long.
Old 30th September 2008, 10:54   #98
BHPian

@abhijeetveer, thats not a fair statement. If my RD was in those pics (which it was meant to be but...), I would have been really annoyed with your statement. Any & every bikes are welcome. Even luna though that would be a really lonely ride

But Karizma, Pulsar & for sure RDs are not far behind at all. Plus its not a race, its a ride with a few bursts of speed so chill & come with your 400 next time.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:25   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
Sorry. thought it might be some wannabe roadside guy who wants to click pictures of his bike next to the bigger meaner looking bikes
Ahem!!...that karizma belongs to me.its not big and its not mean..but you can try keeping up
Old 30th September 2008, 13:39   #100
BHPian

It was a great ride,
saturday evening when abhi told me about the sunday ride, i did not have the slightest of an idea who all are in for it.
But to my surprise the next day morning the turn out was a different one.
Mine was the smallest bike in the group.
But the hesitation stopped right there, thanks to the fellow riders.
And yeah like abhi, can you please play catching up with me too?
Old 30th September 2008, 16:55   #101
BHPian

@Abhijeetveer.
Dude we had 2 zma's, a pulsar 180 & A RD with us on the ride, I really dont remember a time when we had to wait for them during re-grouping. It's true that they were all good riders which is required to keep up with higher capacity bikes. Apart of few high speed bursts, all the super bikers were at comfortable speeds throughout. So no matter which bike you have as far as it is more than 150 cc ( coz i think atleast this much may be required ) & in a good mechanical state you will surely enjoy the ride, though you will have to keep your tacho needle post 7k mark.

@ Balenopower & doctorque..
I am sorry for not being able to ride with you guys, I tried a couple of times but could not stop my self from opening the throttle. I am sure you will understand.

Thanks.

@Danlalan.. So what if it wont be fun riding the bike with a pillion, It is priceless to see a friend smiling with joy or in some cases "****ting bricks in the pant" face in the RVM.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:18   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintan15 View Post

@ Balenopower & doctorque..
I am sorry for not being able to ride with you guys, I tried a couple of times but could not stop my self from opening the throttle. I am sure you will understand.

Thts totally cool buddy.You cannot possible keep that monster ticking over at a 100 kmph on wide open roads.

Arre lalan refuses to sit on my bike also..how in the world is he going to sit with you?

Last edited by balenopower : 30th September 2008 at 17:20.
Old 30th September 2008, 18:50   #103
BHPian

No baba, when i saw you guys turn right, it seemed you'll were turning around to come back to the Uran road, so i slowed down to 60-80 kmph right till the end of the bypass, infact even Palm Beach i took quite peacefully, i was really tired, with an aching neck, wanted to get home asap, and the heat was on the rise.
Apologies for not waiting up to regroup and bidding goodbye.
Look forward to the next one.

manson.[/quote]

Actually when we stopped at that junction, half of us thought we had to take that right turn so we took some time to decide & we were also thinking that you might take a u turn & come back but then we realized that we had waited for quite some time & came behind you.. And hey that's ok if you dint wait for bidding goodbye , we can keep the aavjo tata for the next ride..
Old 30th September 2008, 19:07   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
@abhijeetveer, thats not a fair statement. If my RD was in those pics (which it was meant to be but...), I would have been really annoyed with your statement. Any & every bikes are welcome. Even luna though that would be a really lonely ride

But Karizma, Pulsar & for sure RDs are not far behind at all. Plus its not a race, its a ride with a few bursts of speed so chill & come with your 400 next time.

@insaneroller... thats not what i meant buddy. even i had an rd for few months and i still respect the beast. and looking at your rd gives me gooesbumps. dont take me wrong
Old 30th September 2008, 19:12   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Ahem!!...that karizma belongs to me.its not big and its not mean..but you can try keeping up

oops sowwie. *twinkling eyes*

Most Viewed