Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 05:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

It looks like Yamaha is going to run out of the '08 bikes before they can get the '09 to the showrooms.
Old 19th September 2008, 09:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
In my opinion, the '09 R1 falls flat on its face when it comes to looks, especially when viewed from head on and front three-quarters. Looks bug-eyed (check pic). eecks, why did Yamaha had to do that and ruin one of the most beautiful bikes of all times.
Yeah I dint like the fairing and from the side the tyre peeps out of the bike , which i thought somehow dosent suit the looks of the R1.BUt Exhaust is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
30kg is too much. Typo?
No JK, thats why i said the dry v/s wet weight.. Dry v/s Dry would definetly be lesser.
Old 20th September 2008, 00:31   #18
BHPian

woa..was checking the vid and the new ad for the Yam '09...according to me Yamaha have gone more into inner modds rather than outer looks..according to Collin E the specifications on the Yam R1 '09 is the same that he rides every weekend on the Moto GP circuit..dunno how far that is true..

Yamaha is on a Roll
Old 20th September 2008, 00:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

He didn't say that anywhere. He said its "like" it. There's a difference. But not one that marketing BS cannot overcome .
Old 20th September 2008, 01:00   #20
BHPian

I agree about the looks being a bit fruity. But the new engine should be interesting.
Old 20th September 2008, 01:06   #21
BHPian

Yamaha 2009 YZF-R1 has a revolutionary new engine. Also the exhausts integrated with the all alluminium delta frame. Look Superb. Ofcourse performance is really really good as review footage is been made on race tracks too.
Old 20th September 2008, 01:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
He didn't say that anywhere. He said its "like" it. There's a difference. But not one that marketing BS cannot overcome .
pardon my ignorance
Old 20th September 2008, 02:05   #23
BHPian

I like the rear end,but the front is really bad,looks like bug eyed.If it looks bad in the pics just imagine how bad it will look on road.The only problem with the 2008 r1 was that it was a little too big.Here is apic of a 2008 r1 ,see which you like
Attached Thumbnails
The 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 - Back with a 'Big Bang'-untitled1.jpg  

Old 20th September 2008, 07:54   #24
BHPian

everybody have their own choice. But looks of R1 is much better than busa or cbr or ducati. An Evil Reptile look.
Old 20th September 2008, 22:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
everybody have their own choice. But looks of R1 is much better than busa or cbr or ducati. An Evil Reptile look.
...the high rate in R1 sales is just because of its awesome looks!! the power figures may be slightly low compared to the other bike manuf., but the looks, no1 can beat it!!
Old 21st September 2008, 01:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
...the high rate in R1 sales is just because of its awesome looks!! the power figures may be slightly low compared to the other bike manuf., but the looks, no1 can beat it!!
Power? man 1000cc bike, performance means a combined package of handling, power delivery etc. Acc. to me Performance of R1 is much higher than HayaBusa on race tracks.
Old 21st September 2008, 16:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Power? man 1000cc bike, performance means a combined package of handling, power delivery etc. Acc. to me Performance of R1 is much higher than HayaBusa on race tracks.
how could u compare a litre bike with a hyperbike!!!??!! i just said that the performance is LITTLE less compared to the other manuf's like suzuki, honda, kawa etc!!!
Old 21st September 2008, 20:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
how could u compare a litre bike with a hyperbike!!!??!! i just said that the performance is LITTLE less compared to the other manuf's like suzuki, honda, kawa etc!!!
Because r1 is superior than Busa on Race Tracks I said overall package not just the power. performance doesnt mean just the acceleration. Performance includes Handling, Engine Response, etc etc

Last edited by Gangsta : 21st September 2008 at 20:35.
Old 21st September 2008, 20:52   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Because r1 is superior than Busa on Race Tracks I said overall package not just the power. performance doesnt mean just the acceleration. Performance includes Handling, Engine Response, etc etc
nobody is a fool bringing a drag king to a race track!!! and i think u are not aware of the 08 busa s features!! we are here talking about the new R1, and i am a die hard fan of yamaha!!!i just was comparing the old R1 to the other litre bikes(CBR,GSXR..) ok, it is quite dissapointing...hope the '09 figures all the problem of their ancestors!!
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:
nobody is a fool bringing a drag king to a race track!!! and i think u are not aware of the 08 busa s features!! we are here talking about the new R1, and i am a die hard fan of yamaha!!!i just was comparing the old R1 to the other litre bikes(CBR,GSXR..) ok, it is quite dissapointing...hope the '09 figures all the problem of their ancestors!!
Yeah may be, because i read about R1 havnt read much about Busa. Cheers! cheers:

All i know that i was talking about the overall performance not just the power or just drag accelerations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks