Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 23:13   #31
BHPian

neat. tell ur friend to give here a nice wash , wax and polish . change her tyres ( rear looks worn out ) . give her a kiss on the tank and blast her thru the gears.
Old 25th September 2008, 12:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
neat. tell ur friend to give here a nice wash , wax and polish . change her tyres ( rear looks worn out ) . give her a kiss on the tank and blast her thru the gears.
Good 1

He's planning to get it painted to Red with decals. Also, will be changing the rear tyre as you said.

Also, told him to get a nice tyre polish. That should make it look good.

Does anyone have a sugesstion of upgrading headlamps and taillamps... Right now I feel it makes the bike look lame though it's powerful.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:12   #33
BHPian

keep it classic dude. its a classic so its better if it stays that way. if u could get like a RXZ headlight fairing i think it would look even better. dont think it will look nice in red. is this the original honda paintjob ? looks great after all these years , u dont need a repaint IMO . if u do , repaint it in the same colour with hopefully the same finish. the chrome parts needs a clean up and polish .
Old 25th September 2008, 17:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Does anyone have a sugesstion of upgrading headlamps and taillamps... Right now I feel it makes the bike look lame though it's powerful.
Please keep it in it's stock condition. Don't make it lose it's identity. And i don't think better looking tail lamps would be available for the bike locally.
Old 25th September 2008, 17:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
keep it classic dude. its a classic so its better if it stays that way. if u could get like a RXZ headlight fairing i think it would look even better. dont think it will look nice in red. is this the original honda paintjob ? looks great after all these years , u dont need a repaint IMO . if u do , repaint it in the same colour with hopefully the same finish. the chrome parts needs a clean up and polish .
Thanks Junkie,

Yes, it's stock paint. Will ask him to paint the same color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Please keep it in it's stock condition. Don't make it lose it's identity. And i don't think better looking tail lamps would be available for the bike locally.
Thanks Sankar,

So stock it is. No changes.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:03   #36
BHPian

Experts,

one Q regarding this bike.

It's cam chain makes a noise till around 2500rpm and then the noise disappears. Will there be any issues or is it common?

Cheers
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:17   #37
BANNED

Get the chain and cams checked as being old bike chances are there that she may need timing chain work.Dont wait as loose timing chain will screw the other gears attached to timing chain and it affects the bikes performace a lot due to wrong timing.
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Awesome looking bike. I hate crouching low on a bike myself and this is just perfect. Whats the top speed? Although it seems a trifle pricey at 1.5L, it really looks like a one of its kind.

Am sure your friend is going to have a blast with this beauty. Oh yeah, one more thing, please keep it stock. It really looks good as it is.
Old 24th July 2015, 12:30   #39
BHPian

Re: 1983 Honda NightHawk 650cc 60HP

Sorry to revive an old thread. I was looking for any posts related to Honda Hawk NT650 (I just got mine completely done up, so was looking for some other owners on the forum. Apparently, none with the same bike I guess). So, came across this thread. What an amazingly beautiful bike. I hope it is still running well. Any mods or updates?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks