Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 18:03   #16
BHPian

it surely seems like i have forgotten the art of wheeley etc on my Shogun. i never had a bit of tiredness when i drove long distances on it... I am waiting for next thursday hopefully then i will get my Rocket ( i will call my MT01 a rocket ).
Old 6th November 2008, 18:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

I wonder why your palms would hurt after a short ride - I've ridden for hours without any fatigue on this bike. The riding position is spot on and is not uncomfortable by any stretch of imagination. Are you sure you rode the MT?

PS: Dont try any wheelies on this. You wont be able to wheelie unless you try really hard because about 80% of the not-so-inconsiderable weight is on the front wheels, and then you better be in perfect control because 265 kgs is not what you want to come crashing down on your legs.
Old 7th November 2008, 18:42   #18
BHPian

has any one made an attempt to change MT01 stock handle bar to some what a Harley type long bars ... if yes pls go ahead & post some pix.
Old 7th November 2008, 21:29   #19
BHPian

>>JB

Please dont do any such thing on that bike man !!
MT01 is ment to be a naked street fighter kinda bike...those handlebars will look totally out of place..

When your spending 11laks on a bike , you can look at various other options for a cruser !!
Old 8th November 2008, 00:12   #20
BHPian

i m totally flat on a HARLEY DAVIDSON. Since they are not available in india so i want my MT01 to have a look like HD. It already sounds close to a HD Vrod.
Old 8th November 2008, 23:22   #21
BHPian

has any one any idea when is HD getting launched officially in india. do they still haven't been able to go thru the emission norms formalities of homologation procedures !!!
Old 9th November 2008, 22:57   #22
BHPian

I came on net surfing The All New yamaha Vmax 2009. Do a U-tubing on it & hear feel & see the machine !!! I am sure if it was in india i would have gone for rather than Mt01... Its quite a muscle filled 350Kilos of POWER PLANT !!!
Old 9th November 2008, 23:29   #23
BHPian

have you bought the mt01 yet?you seem to be really confused about which bike you want to buy?please decide that first and then discuss about the bike. these discussions are not going anywhere
Old 9th November 2008, 23:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
has any one made an attempt to change MT01 stock handle bar to some what a Harley type long bars ... if yes pls go ahead & post some pix.
If you want a Harley, they are available in India for the kind of money you are willing to pay for an MT-01.

Please do not insult an MT by comparing it to the American Pumpsets. For a start, the MT can go around corners. As you keep driving, the pumpsets will be struggling to get to 140kmph while the MT will hardly be getting into its powerband. Remember the MT is ELECTRONICALLY limited to 220kmph - it can do a lot more than that (I have) by the time the waterpumps gasp their way up to 120 kmph.

No you cannot fit an ape-hanger onto an MT. It is NOT a cruiser - you cannot sit back in the seat and watch the public take in the shiny chrome and fancy leatherwork while you sit back in your pumpset-actuated-sofa looking like you're a punk paraplegic using an enormous chromed walker.

Apologies for the tone used, but comparing the MT to a Harley is sacrilege even if the MT is nothing but a cruiser (Roadstar Warrior) engine in a TZR 600 frame.

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th November 2008 at 23:51.
Old 10th November 2008, 00:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

You shouldn't be a MT01 buyer dude.you've got it all wrong.
Go to mumbai and get yourself a chromed HD (water pump) or some other cruiser like the suzuki intruder m1800r.there are many options in the 11 lakh range that you're buying the MT for.
you'll be a danger to yourself and others if you change the handle to the stupid HD handle.

please understand that this is a high performance bike and not a 100cc moped in which you change handles and stuff.

At last dude i hope you know hwat you're getting into.it needs a very sensible brain to ride a superbike.I hope you don't kill yourself or anyone else out there.
these are fast machines and the indian traffic is not ready for them yet.we have already seen a lot of fatal examples here.

Oh yes steer:very nicely portrayed
Old 10th November 2008, 00:12   #26
BANNED

JB, so do you want a VMax, a HD or a MT01? You are confused. But certainly deep in your mind it's a Harley Davidson that you wish for. If you do please look out for one.

Please don't buy a MT01 and fit HD's cruiser handlebar on to it, if you do i'm sure that it would make it's way into the Weird & Wacky thread
Old 10th November 2008, 00:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

TD of a MT-01
how and where?
AFAIK R1's and MT01's are not available for TD's

heck even a R15 wasnt available when it was launched?
Old 10th November 2008, 00:38   #28
BHPian

man!you seem to be so confused. as people have said please dont buy the mt-01 or else it might well enter the wierd mod thread here as said by shankar sir. i seriously think you should not risk your life getting that beast or intruder as well. the best thing will be to go for a 400 or 600 cc bike and then climb to the litre class bikes.AFAIK you have not ridden for almost 7 years now.so climb up the stairs one step at a time.dont jump into getting a 1000+cc bike just for the sake of getting one. i hope you shall take all our suggestions in the right way! all the best!
Old 10th November 2008, 09:50   #29
BHPian

No Man I will buy a beast as its the only officially one available. Yes in the core of my heart I am a HD Man.... sadly i in India dont find official sale ! SO i am buying a MT01...but soon when the HD will get launched officially i will buy my dream Vrod ! As for your views of my not riding a bike for 7 years yes its true but i havnt forgotten how to ride after all these years.

i see you guys are talking as if we all havea load of money to burn on buying some stage bikes like 100cc then 400 then after few years a 1700cc beast. what will I do with the rest over bikes after one is confident to drive a Mt10.... pls be sensible to suggest as every one is on budget !

Yes one do gets confused ... atleast i am being true to talk about it. not inviting any criticism I am just discussing what all is available for burning rubber on road !

I hope you all will be more understanding in approach towards any further reply !

YEs the day i will get the delivery I will surely put a HD handle bar & post pics for all you to see & perhaps gets Inspired to ape the same ! Its never bad to do a U tubing & see for your selves how The other folks round the world play with the looks of their MT01 !!!

I have seen to believe for my self ! Thx for every word !
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
Touring screen ... Hmmm.

How & what will it help me ... i have been on a shogun between 93-2002 which a fairing just for show ! Touring screen. Will it make a diff to me when i ride under 100 (esp in city) I dont think i shall be making too often on Nat highways which is close to me which shall allow me 140 kinds of speeds. As it is I was really scared when i touched 125KMPH on speedo... i thought i wont be going beyond it as the bike was really giving me chill down the spine. As have driven my c200 till 230Kmph but running a bike at half of that speed really makes me feel scared. As braking a car at 140 is very easy as it would be on a bike.
Try riding @ 275 or 280kmph. MT01 wont go that much in any case, but if you do manage to hit those speeds on any other bike, you'll feel more in control when you are nearing 140/150kmph
Closed Thread

Most Viewed