Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 12:26   #151
BANNED

sorry to hesr about that , take care and post after you recoverd...hope to hear from you real soon ..
Old 10th December 2008, 12:34   #152
Team-BHP Support

Ouch!!
You seem to be in terrible shape mate. Hope you recover soon.
About the bike, do not get carried away by the immediate sentiment, give it a little time, recover and see if you want to ride anymore. Sell it once you are certain about it.

manson.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:20   #153
Senior - BHPian

Damn man.Really sorry to hear that.Don't sell the bike man.get well soon and gear up and ride again.you loved this bike so much.this accident will make you more careful and matured rider.i have learnt this over the years crashing on my kinetic and cbz again and again.

Don't give up riding mate.
gear up soon and ride down to dehradun and we'll ride together to mussoorie.

cheer up.
Old 11th December 2008, 21:03   #154
BHPian

Dont let go dude. MT01 is like limited edition. Not more than 100 people would have bought it in India. Keep it and use it occasionally.

Get well soon. Keep your spirits high.
Old 12th December 2008, 11:13   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
sorry to hear this . i wonder if it is the right time to say i told you so. you havnt ridden a bike for 7 odd years . first thing you do when you start riding again is buy MT01. alot of middle aged men make this mistake especially due to the fact that money is more easily accessable when you're older . i would always suggest that you get a smaller bike ( if your not a good rider / no ego in admitting the same ) practise as much as you can , fall as many times and learn , atleast on a smaller bike you rate of damage is reduced to a great extent and once you have mastered the art of motorcycling on the smaller bikes pick up somethin that you think you can handle . a 600 cc to start with . master that and when you are ready for a litre class bike go with it . i have no idea how powerful an MT01 is but i assume that it will have odles of torque and initial compared to a inline 4 600.

dont get me wrong accidents and sometimes fatal ones do happen even to people who go thru this route of learning and riding and being prepared . but they are much more uncommon than the " i wanna ride a bike and i will buy the biggest bike i can afford . and then i will brag about how fast it is" guys.

i am not talking about you Bravo but others ive seen and met . Hope it is an eye - opener to many who havnt learnt as of yet from others mistakes .

Get well soon. God Bless.
Dude - Absolutely wrong timing. This point has been beaten to death in the advice thread.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th December 2008 at 14:41. Reason: quoted post edited.
Old 12th December 2008, 15:44   #156
Senior - BHPian

Get well soon man!

Return to biking when you're well and ride safe!
Old 15th December 2008, 15:46   #157
BHPian

Jeepers Creepers! Hope you recover fast Jony. Be determined that you will ride again! Best. Bomi.
Old 16th December 2008, 19:27   #158
BHPian

Hi, Just logged in to update my well being & thank you all for the kind words of blessings.

I got my plaster removed from the foot & have been advised for further bed rest for about 3 weeks perhaps then i shall be able to return to painless normalcy.

Bike is yet under insurance repairs so no idea as to ho much & what all I am down with it. All is good as I see the pain going down day by day. The swelling is all gone & my voice is just as good as it was

As for the broken ribs I have live with downsizing pain for few more weeks, as they are supposed to heal by themselves. Yes, I am now bit out of the fear of riding. I guess I will mature & will ride safer & slower then usual times. I will buy new helmet as the first one got badly scratched & perhaps it had done what it was designed for. I guess thats how the helmets are supposed to be used, after any serious crash one should dump it & buy new one to feel more secure. A good wear is for sure as I didn't have one expect for a loaned riding jacket from my friend. I wish if i was wearing a riding jacket i might have saved my my 6 broken ribs from bearing the brunt.

Though all in family are sure against my riding again, i am trying to keep them cool as i have promised to keep off it for atleast few more months till next year. :(

Thx V Much ... Love & care for you all !

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 16th December 2008 at 19:34.
Old 16th December 2008, 21:22   #159
Senior - BHPian

Even if you were wearing a jacket you would have broken your ribs because jackets don't have chest protection. You need to wear a bionic chest protector inside the jacket.

Moto -> Protection - Alpinestars Official Store
Old 16th December 2008, 21:58   #160
BHPian

Thx for the enlightenment i will get them soon when i do get fit for riding.
Old 16th December 2008, 22:34   #161
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude get well soon.
And don't sell the bike. It's a beauty.

Ride safely
Cheers
Old 16th December 2008, 22:44   #162
Team-BHP Support

Good to know that you, and the biker within you are getting better with time. Speedy recovery mate.

manson.
Old 16th December 2008, 22:54   #163
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your fall. Nice to know that you are recovering well.
Old 16th December 2008, 23:24   #164
Senior - BHPian

Take care jonny , be careful next time with the right wrist .
Could you enlighten how this happened ? so that others dont make the same mistake .

Get well soon .
Old 22nd December 2008, 23:21   #165
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

jhonny sir, boys will fall, get scratched, bear pain and wriggle, biggle, make a ruckus, but men will rise above that, they will go on and come over there fears to let hell break loose on the roads again.
Let the MT-01 roll again.
cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks