Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2009, 00:45   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I would suggest against painting of alloys as nothing can come close to Factory painting.
YEah Actually i am planning to get some MOD job while it gets done with repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Congrats Johny Bravo! The bike just got me salivating. Wow!!! Enjoy!!!
I too am very eager for the reapirs to get over soon as its like my GF who's stop dating me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Johnny Bravo

You're a member at the MT-01 Yahoogroup (now sadly defunct).

Look up Kiwi MT-01s
Sorry but i couldn't trace the link for KIWI MT01 ! Pls help me. Also any place in Delhi/mumbai where such jobs can be attempted. i wonder how the Yahoo group just dies away.I had been receiving some shady mails from that group instead of the regular MT01 news & development etc so i unsubscribed it anyways.

Are there any more MT01 clubs on NET . I would love to join them.
Old 10th April 2009, 09:38   #197
BHPian

I haven't seen any Indian Video of MT01 any where in Youtube. Any one have any link to Indian users forum of MT01
Old 10th April 2009, 10:15   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
YEah Actually i am planning to get some MOD job while it gets done with repairs

So.you planning to get that harley davidson style handle bar you promised to put the day you got the delivery of your bike.

Remember?
Old 10th April 2009, 10:30   #199
BHPian

No idea cox i havent found any selling those kinda handle bar around ! Any idea where can i get them

(even you too remember that )
Old 10th April 2009, 10:40   #200
Senior - BHPian

Hehe.I remember that coz i had the hardest laugh of my life that day.Picturing you riding an MT01 with a harley handle.lol.

I'll help you on where you can source one-

Browser Update Required

Now you have no "bahana" to save you from installing the handle.lol.
Old 10th April 2009, 11:17   #201
BHPian

Thx for the link, i wish if i had some local delhi based vendor where one can try & buy ... (woah i have a gr8 bahana ) but m surfing the link may be i get lucky !
Old 10th April 2009, 18:04   #202
Senior - BHPian

lol i'll send you a bullet's handle then.Give me your address.

By the way is your bike at the service centre.A friend recently took his bike for servicing there and saw a MT01 there waiting for repair.
Old 10th April 2009, 19:47   #203
BHPian

yeah quite some parts are under order. am too bored to wait now :(
Old 10th April 2009, 20:22   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
lol i'll send you a bullet's handle then..
Kya Navpreet the whole fun will get over with it :(

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 10th April 2009 at 20:25.
Old 14th April 2009, 00:50   #205
BHPian

I had been to the Yammie works today & saw that my bike repairs are just around getting over any time. Just been waiting for few stuff & may be by this month I am on my Mighty BOY ! pray that i be safe on this bike & all the other machines i use to drive between two points
Old 14th April 2009, 02:13   #206
BHPian

Best wishes man. A little confidence slip was what happened last time. Let it not take over you this time But don't lose the fun confidence either. It's about living life. I wish my dad agrees to buy one for me .. fingers crossed since he knows how I rip my bullet.

JB, How about this? Flickr Photo Download: Yamaha MT-01 militarisée !
Old 14th April 2009, 10:47   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
Best wishes man. A little confidence slip was what happened last time. Let it not take over you this time But don't lose the fun confidence either. It's about living life. I wish my dad agrees to buy one for me .. fingers crossed since he knows how I rip my bullet.

JB, How about this? Flickr Photo Download: Yamaha MT-01 militarisée !
HEY Gurpratap, I am sure you father will soon agree to your buying an MT01 ! for how long can he ignore wish of his puttarji ... I too had to make lots of regular pressrised requests to my father way back in 1994 to buy me a shogun (in my teens) whch he relutantly bought. No wthat i earn for my self so i had persuade my wife to allow me buy a MT01 She too reluctantly gave up & I bought my First SUPER BIKE !

BTW the imae sent by you was hellova one ! WOAH how has the guy militarised the whole concept bike. If it went more on with it then for sure We will see more of Mt01's in Armed forces than bullets. After all MT is a superpower-full bike ! Hey do you have more of MT01's pix It is always a pleasure to see read hear feel more on MT'01s !

( i forgot to mention about another Yammie R1 some Blue COLORED bike. It was at same repair centre ! it had major accidental repairs there. the front fork was broken in some pieces the wheel was in bad condition. The fairing was broken too. Hope the the rider was safe ! )

Attached are two pix of my bike in repairs. Pardon BAD pix quality (xperia pix)
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-2434481390_debc5c61d4_b.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-dsc_0169.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-dsc_0168.jpg  

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 14th April 2009 at 11:03.
Old 16th April 2009, 00:13   #208
BHPian

not my MT01 & not even i remotely think to get such a MOD done but for your viewing only here are a few!
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-mt01simonspicsjpg9.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-mt01simonspicsjpg3.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-mt01simonspicsjpg5.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-mt01simonspics.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-mt01simonspicsjpg11.jpg  

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 16th April 2009 at 00:15.
Old 19th April 2009, 05:42   #209
BHPian

Quote:
HEY Gurpratap, I am sure you father will soon agree to your buying an MT01 ! for how long can he ignore wish of his puttarji ... I too had to make lots of regular pressrised requests to my father way back in 1994 to buy me a shogun (in my teens) whch he relutantly bought. No wthat i earn for my self so i had persuade my wife to allow me buy a MT01 She too reluctantly gave up & I bought my First SUPER BIKE !
But I know he'll probably refer to my latest marks sheet before deciding anything

If I'm getting something it'll be in end of year, though. "something" because I tried to prove MT01 to be more practical than racing genre R1s, Hayabusas, etc., however he then counter insisted on 4 wheel machines being more practical than this. Lol. I'll continue dreaming until then.

Quote:
BTW the imae sent by you was hellova one ! WOAH how has the guy militarised the whole concept bike. If it went more on with it then for sure We will see more of Mt01's in Armed forces than bullets. After all MT is a superpower-full bike ! Hey do you have more of MT01's pix It is always a pleasure to see read hear feel more on MT'01s !
It looks best in stock shape. Any mods, except minor utility stuff, with significant change in looks bring the bike close to wacky jobs borders.

Btw, this might interest you regarding some modding: http://www.gsg-mototechnik.de/09y-mt01/mt01.htm
Old 19th April 2009, 10:34   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
But I know he'll probably refer to my latest marks sheet before deciding anything
Well Said, actually the marksheets (esp the dreaded RED ones, thankfully its past me almost 18years back) are actually one of the best discovered tool/barometer by the parents when we demand-fully request such costly toys ! Now that i dont have marksheets to refer to I still i have to check my Mark sheet prepared by my CA (Accounts balance sheets) before making any such decision.

I am very keen on get some mods done like Saddle abgs (aka HD types well one can take out me from a HD but cant take out the Deep rooted HD image from me )...I feel it shall add more to mean f the Looks MT01 sports.

you are true to the extent as for more usability between sports bike against the Cruiser bikes. The sitting posture is more comfy on say MT01 as when ever i ride my bro's R1 i have sore palms & aching back. he simply loves his ride but i have been able to develop least love for the riding posture. i do like the pickup etc on R1 but still i feel king when i rumble thru crowds (till MT01 didn't crash hopeful soon by this month end i will get it back) with Mt's throaty bassy Roar. I see that most R1 owners do complain about the look alike FZ15 ! man i have seen so many of them around town that i have to stare on the rear wheel (190type) to know if its actually an R1. But with MT01 there is no competition but from another Mt01. i am yet to meet another Mt01 owner in Delhi. Seems like when someone on this forum suggested me not to sell my (rather limited edition) Mt01 after i had the crash was right. i am feeling much better & confident to ride safe & have more fun now.

Most Viewed