Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2008, 00:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
At 270 kgs dry weight, you should be thinking a lot before you park.
some theory, not sure how it will work in real world.

parking downhill, park in reverse, gravity helping you, and ride out with engine's power.

parking uphill, park forward facing, engine helping you, let gravity help you while reversing.
Old 22nd November 2008, 00:53   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
some theory, not sure how it will work in real world.

parking downhill, park in reverse, gravity helping you, and ride out with engine's power.

parking uphill, park forward facing, engine helping you, let gravity help you while reversing.
Exactly my point. You have gotta think before you park these biggies, the thinking would mostly imply the suraface you are on, and which side the gravitaional force is going to act upon.
In daily life it isn't as difficult as my previous sentence make it out to be, a fraction of common sense is enough.

manson.
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:20   #63
BHPian

Hey Johnny!! Macho bike for a Macho titled guy!!

CongraTs bud!! keep it Clean.. keep it Mean!

(Drive Safe)
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Exactly my point. You have gotta think before you park these biggies, the thinking would mostly imply the suraface you are on, and which side the gravitaional force is going to act upon.
In daily life it isn't as difficult as my previous sentence make it out to be, a fraction of common sense is enough.

manson.
I don't have a superbike, but i also thimk before i park my Karizma and it helps. It helps me to ride away with dignity and save myself from two wheeler extraction antics. If the parking lot is crowded or has chance to get filled up pretty quick, i reverse park the bike, easier to ride out.
Old 23rd November 2008, 02:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
My todays experience :

I understood that when i was driving about 120KMPH. My SPARX helmet was wanting to fly away so I had stop & tie it real hard on my double chin area ! Still i wish if there could be more secure way to tie them as I enjoy speed at lonely streets on Express WAYs.
Your problem is not your helmet. I am going to sound like a stuck record here:

GET A MINI SCREEN!

Yamaha MT World - MT-01 Styling
Old 23rd November 2008, 03:00   #66
BHPian

Today morning during a joy ride on my Rocket I had to stop to check if my seat was fixed right or not as i thought i heard some noise (which infact was the silencer sound as i didnt wear Helmet) ... suddenly i saw a guy on his Pulsar taking a U turn & coming back near me. He was very excited & happy to spot first MT01 in his times. His first immediate question was whats is its top speed ! A very generic indian question from any person when they spot any bike ? I wonder why every second biker I met was ready with the same question. It like ffor this reason perhaps Yamaha INDIA dont offer any test rides as they apprehend that most riders would like to check out whats the bikes max speed pickup etc. But not too many riders like to respect Super BIKE's capability & driving/handling procedure. They generally want to see & show how fast can they run away from the red turing green signals in the city & how fast & how many cars/trucks etc they can overtake on Freeways.

It is this perception thats should change less we want more super bikes making inroads to INDIAN crowd !

I just told him few specs of the BIKE & feigned ignorace to his last question as to how much the beats costs on road ( i just dont like to answer this part as even though if i tell its like 11-12 .. which is almost the cost of a honda civic, most of them wont like to believe it & those who would i feel it might not be safe enough to mention the figure less you desire some trouble from unscrupulous elements ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Your problem is not your helmet. I am going to sound like a stuck record here:

GET A MINI SCREEN!

Yamaha MT World - MT-01 Styling
Pardon my ignorance Steeroid but how will the touring screen help me as such for my helmet trying to slip off my head. will it sort of cut the flow of air or drift it upwards of my head there by making me the human being driving the beast feel ess force of air there by allowing me to feel the helmet more secure ... correct me if i went wrong any where.
Old 23rd November 2008, 08:18   #67

Hey Jonny, congrats on owning the MT-01. If possible post a short video so we could listen to the exhaust note pal. The rear of the bike looks great.

Have safe fun!
Old 23rd November 2008, 10:08   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
will it sort of cut the flow of air or drift it upwards of my head there by making me the human being driving the beast feel ess force of air there by allowing me to feel the helmet more secure ...
Yes. The purpose of the mini screen is not to make you crouch down and look through it - it diverts air flow from the rider (at least until about 180-200kmph, when the mini-screen starts to becomes less effective).

The screen is not there for decorative purposes or to aid vision.
Old 23rd November 2008, 10:56   #69
BHPian

congrats man on your new bike.Please post a video so that we can hear the sound of the beast.

And drive safe.
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:22   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
congrats man on your new bike.Please post a video so that we can hear the sound of the beast.

And drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan35 View Post
Hey Jonny, congrats on owning the MT-01. If possible post a short video so we could listen to the exhaust note pal. The rear of the bike looks great.

Have safe fun!
Dear Moderator can i or how can i upload a Video ... apart from UTube on this forum itself !
Old 23rd November 2008, 13:53   #71
Team-BHP Support

Copy Paste the youtube link in your post here. That will directly embed the video in your post.

manson.
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:34   #72
BHPian

Some more fresh PIX ...

My review -

Yamaha Super Bike MT-01’s delievery after I booked was awaited with both bated breath & super charged excitement !

Mod Note: Since the rest of the review is mostly lifted, it has been removed. Kindly read our forum rules again, especially rule #3.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0137.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0138.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0140.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0142.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0145.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0146.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0147.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0148.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0150.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0153.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0157.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0158.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0161.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0162.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0177.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0167.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0166.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0165.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0164.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 24th November 2008 at 00:41. Reason: editing lifted review
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:35   #73
BHPian

Quote:
My review -

Yamaha Super Bike MT-01’s delievery after I booked............sounds like nothing else on this earth.

- Jonny Bravo
Jonny,
Looks like half that review was penned by Simon Bradley from MotorbikesToday - Europe's biggest and best independent online bike magazine
Its always a good idea to provide reference/source for anything picked up from the world wide web.

Cheers

Last edited by gotzuk : 23rd November 2008 at 22:38.
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:38   #74
BHPian

its been inspired from a lot of study of course !

Are there any clubs etc where one can connect with all MT01 owners across INDIA. I haven't come across any on in delhi but have been able to find one in mumbai by the name AMK on other forum site ! I wish if yamaha INDIA could have made one club on www where one relates to issues & networking.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2008 at 02:52. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

Jonny that review is lifted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks