Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2008, 19:34   #106
BHPian

today i realized another fact when one is driving MT01 ... The traffic gives way

1. They feel scared or strange when they hear the sudden loud thump coming from no where suddenly.

2. The RAW & MEAN look of bike make them feel some ruthless brut is approaching so better move out rather then getting dent somewhere

I saw when i was driving the sound travels long distance cox i saw people driving at-least 300-400 meters turing around to see where the loud sound is coming from. Perhaps on Highway it might be longer but in city driving the loud sound is easily heard from a distance. To experience it myself i asked one of my friend to drive the bike & felt the loud sound coming from oblivion into picture. YEAH it does feels good to ride a mean machine !!!

Thx Yamaha !

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th November 2008 at 21:43.
Old 29th November 2008, 11:22   #107
BHPian

Rainy Days : Can any one enlighten me; if it rains & like cats & dogs what's the possibility of water entering the silencers & will that create any trouble for my MT01. I will keep safeguard thereby !

Old 29th November 2008, 18:38   #108
BHPian

We clicked few pix today of our friends & their bikes

Two R1
Mt01
CBR1000

Also during the day i felt like a celebrity with so many mobile clicking me & my bike at a crossing when i pulled over to take a Mobile Call. WOAH Man its was some experience ... THX YAMAHA MT01 !.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0019.jpg  

Pics: I Got My Yamaha MT01 Today !!!-pict0021.jpg  

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 29th November 2008 at 18:56.
Jonny Bravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2008, 00:06   #109
BHPian

Finally my review/experience written by MYSELF

Hi All,

I hope you would all like this experience of mine.

The specs according to Yamaha are as under :-

Engine
Type Air-cooled, 4-stroke, V-twin, OHV, 4-valves per cylinder
Displacement 1,670 cc
Bore and Stroke 97.0 x 113.0 mm
Compression Ratio 8.4:1
Max.Power 66.3 kW (90HP) @ 4,750 rpm
Max.Torque 150.3 Nm (15,3 kq-m) @ 3,750
Lubrication Dry Sump
Fuel Supply Fuel injection
Clutch Type Wet multiple-disc
Ignition TCI
Starter System Electric
Transmission Constant mesh, 5-speed
Final transmission Chain
Primary reduction ratio 71/48 1.479
Secondary reduction ratio 39/17 2.294
Gear ratio: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th 38/16 2.375, 30/19 1.579, 29/25 1.160, 24/25 0.960, 24/30 0.800

My Experience

When I booked the bike it took about 3 days for the delievery. The days were real long as I was very anxious & bit scared for the Delievery day. I had taken a test ride thru someone & found out that the beast doesn’t only look giant but is also about 265kg with fuel in weight. It needed bit of carefull handling when moving in our out of your garage.

Well the day came & I was at the showroom to oversee the PDI. It was over by mid day & I was ready to fire the engine ! It was a mosterous roar & my 1700cc beast was alive & all set to conquer the road with its loud thump. Outside the showroom there was a crowd waiting to kind of cheer off the delievery. They were all youngsters living near by & few guests who had visited the showroom for their bikes etc. I was asked to pull the bike outside & have fun !

I was bit scared that I might loose control & the bike might fall under me. Moreover I didn’t want to scratch my bike the first day ! Well the bike came out smoothly I did the final formalities & rode the beast with a proud smile on my face … Afterall I had become owner of one of the most powerfull bikes in town. Most of guys love to go for R1s or busas but MT01 is a real male in this Big Bad Biking world !

Well the first thing I noticed was everyone was noticing my bike at every traffic signal or crossing. Wherever I had to slow down or stop I had a same set of question from the curious bikers – Whats this bike,must be imported how much Rs…. I evaded replying any one of them as portraying them that I couldn’t hear anything cox of loud engine sounds. I also noticed that the first 3 gears changed with a customery Clunk sound giving it a further enhansed mean sound. The rumble of the engine & silencers is un explainable ! It has to be experienced, as I have never felt such a Hugh torque & powerpacked pickup ever. I had seen a lot of V-Rod videos on U Tube & was very keen to buy one but since Harleys are not in India officially to my knowledge so I found its close looker a YAMAHA MT 01 ! Man this machine means a hell lot.

I was more contious to reach back home safely & have my family do the Pooja ! I reached safely & did the pooja & customary Swastik on The YAMAHA MT01 !

The first night went by with lots of compliments friom neighbourers. Then came biking das ! I took bike on near by high way & rode the bike & found that after a gap of 7 years non BIKING days I was able to handle the bike smoothly & was able to maneuver the machine very easily on speed between the traffic. The only problem I found was when i had to U turn … I discovered the trouble on U turning when I saw the bike slipping under me & liying on road on the side. I was shocled to see my new Machine on road. Thankfull The bike received NIL scratches. I understood that with my caliber I have to turn the bike just like a car hughe car front back curve front back curve etc. There by having full control on the bike, yes it takes more time but bike & me reamin safe.

Then came the speedy rides on highways, YES with full safety gadgets & safe control over the bike so no advices recommended on it ! I could wearing full face mask Sparx Helmet touch 135Kmph ! Thereafter I thought it might not be comfy for me & the bike as the airflow was tremendous. The pickup seemed like 0-60 in about 4secs & 0-100 was like 6secs. I might be wrong as its miy idea but very colse idea.

I now after so many days of ownership 700+ km of ride feel that I am very comfortable on the 1700cc Mill. I enjoy a ride of atleast half an hour if I don’t have any work to go outside otherwise I enjoy the ride along with work on travel. I started with a mileage of about 12Km/L but have after 3 or 4 tank fulls have achieved about 15Km/L all on standard unleaded fuel !

I feel its got a very comfortable seat but the handle is a but far flug for my built at 5’7” I feel it would been nice if the handle could have been at-least 2-3inches closer !

I have noticed that when I rumble thru the traffic even the guy driving S class pops out to checkout my Bike to explore whats causing so powerfull rumble ! I dont have to honk as mostly the traffic give way as they are keen to have a look at the bike when I drive past them & more over thru their rear viewers they must be witnessing a very Rude & mean looking machine rumbling towards them. Bikers have chased their *** behind MT01 trying to match my pickup or speed & feel elated when they overtake it. But I have learnt that if I have to ride such a powerfull machine I have to respect its power too so I don’t ever & ever I mean to pick up a chase or race with any vehicle. I feel I will earn a sence of respect from the onlookers when i cooly let one to over take me. later I just twist my wrist by about 15degrees on accelerator & I see the traffic vanishing behind me courtesy Mt01 huge tourque & pickup. Yes, at petrol fulling startions & other places around traffic signals etc people are often seen murmuring hey this bike looks so large & huge but the speedo shows max speed jus 70 ! Yes this is confusing as they don’t realise that its just a tacho meter. Many have asked whats the max speed (I myself have not known beyond 135kmph) I feel any average Indian biker is more concerned about whats the max speed ! may be that’s the reason super bikes are not allowed any test rides by respectives resellers. One has to book buy & then test ride it at their own cost ! ☺

I have summed up most of it & will surely post more if required & will love to answer all your questions but not the ones like price/Where I live/When I bought etc.

Hope I have been able to write something worthwhile meaning quite some lot !

Cheers !
Jonny Bravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2008, 02:00   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
Rainy Days : Can any one enlighten me; if it rains & like cats & dogs what's the possibility of water entering the silencers & will that create any trouble for my MT01. I will keep safeguard thereby !

Waiting for any view on my question as written above
Old 1st December 2008, 09:40   #111
BHPian

Congrats buddy. looks great.
Old 1st December 2008, 10:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

Johnny, good reveiw there. Very modest and true!
Old 1st December 2008, 23:32   #113
Senior - BHPian

Some nice friends you got there. I dont think you should worry about riding this boy in the rain.
Old 1st December 2008, 23:42   #114
BHPian

Apparently, on our recent most ride on Highway near our part of town, with High Beam lights ON (Super Bikes has lights ON Always dunno why ? probably to let other know of the thunder coming their way) we were Four riding parallel to one other at about 80-120kmph range were spotted by some local cops & were asked to stop. Were loaded with a barrage of questions. Where Why How How much for such bike, Does these bikes are sold in india etc etc. Man despite showing them paper etc etc we had give most of them free rides on pillion for about 3km round & then they let us off our way. But during those 3kms we really scared the Shiit out of them. They were all behaving like school kids & begging us to slow down (from what we were driving with them as pillion at about 70Kmph ) It was a nice team of cops who could understand the fun of riding but what we think why should we be harassed ever when we show all relevant docs to them or any relevant authority.

But as said all is well that goes on well ( i changed it a bit )... We do ride on the same HIGHWAY & see them sometime & we do wave at each other

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th December 2008 at 11:53. Reason: 3rd smiley removed
Jonny Bravo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd December 2008, 02:08   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Please check the links we have posted a few times before. Here you go anyway:

Attachment 73935
Looking great!
I really want to get these done in my Katana.. any possibility of getting this done somewhere in Delhi ??

Also, i need recommendations for a good mech near West Delhi too.. or i guess i'll open another thread for that after knowing what all i need :P

Amazing ride again JB! keep it neat!

Cheers,
J.
Old 2nd December 2008, 02:18   #116
BHPian

had nearly got a MT-01. Looks just awesome. If it wouldnt have lacked power, i would have surely. Congrats man. Sure is a stunner
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:44   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
had nearly got a MT-01. Looks just awesome. If it wouldnt have lacked power, i would have surely. Congrats man. Sure is a stunner
Woah, 1700CC with 90 BHP is not powerful enough .. At least for me its the the beast available on ROAD officially ! I am now planning to get the new suzuki Intruder in some days/months Any idea if suzuki has got some financier in process as Yamaha Has got BAF . I somehow have forgotten my way ahead of my C200K somehow now am getin' crazy for BIKES ! Will post when ever i do get one . Somehow the scene of its availability is not so clear as I tried speaking with Two zonal dealers up South & down north (my vision lets me see so ) they are not sure of its pricing on ROAD & any other info as to when can they get the available for sale. I wonder whats down on Suzukis mind !

Last edited by v12 : 2nd December 2008 at 11:19. Reason: Spellings corrected!
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:48   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
Woah, 1700CC with 90 BHP is not powerful enough ...!
Sorry dude but Yes that aint enough. 1400cc with 210bhp is or the new 1700cc Vmax
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:52   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
Sorry dude but Yes that aint enough. 1400cc with 210bhp is or the new 1700cc Vmax
Any which way I am Proud to own one of the best beasts !

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 2nd December 2008 at 15:57.
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:40   #120
BHPian

Where I used to go on my MT01 I was always mobbed by people. Which was very unsafe & annoying for me even though after i park my bike & go for the work i had ben there I used to find the unattended bike getting touched/checked out by people. I did a small mod in it. I didnt install it properly but did a small test around my home.

I got a remote trigger from my radio worked toy ... I attached a it to a New horn which was wired to a battery. I parked my bike & just went to a distance of about 150meters & waited discretely for any passerby to come near the bike with ill intention of touching /checking out my bike. he did come & i just pressed On Off repeatedly to sound the horn in a fashion similar to the thief alarm.. The guy near the bike just looked around to see what had happened must have thought that some safety alarm must have been triggered in the bike so he swiftly got lost from there. Few more guys came & I did the same thing with my hands in jacket working nicely on the remote . I think the way i was doing was smart enough to detract people away from my bike. at least from my visible range & a distance within 150mtrs.

I will modify the device smart enough to be parked below the seat & have it installed permanently to my bikes pressure horn. Hoping to hear any idea to work it better. Infact i want to device something like proximity sensor which will self fire the horn if any one come near specific area like handle or something. i will look into how does the parking sensor work; thereby will try to device a way to use such a sensor ... Till now i am totally unsure on the science involved but I am just trying to brain storm few technologies to work for me. It not only to make my bike safe but also to have fun with people who try to have fun around my bike in my absence !!!

One friend of mine had bought (form overseas mod shops) & installed a wireless mic & speakersetup under bonnet of his car a Beemer 5series & he shouts it "Chor Chor" ... whenever someone pokes inside or tries some thing stupid around his car (when ever he is in visual range of the car of-course. its fun watching him playing such prank. Wonder what all one would do to make their dear vehicles feel safe !

(Mods : I have used only One smiley)

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 2nd December 2008 at 21:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks