Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2009, 17:33   #16
BHPian

karl - Those were the day huh.. when we were more than happy to do everything ourselves.. Going to be visiting in July.. we have to plan some kind of ride to somewhere... Sherry and Aspi never thought it could be done...

TuffRyder - Dont know about any 350's for sale. For parts check out David Silvers - David Silver Spares - HOME a bit expensive but hes usally got everything. For Manuals check out the Haynes website.
Old 22nd February 2009, 09:41   #17

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to the forum, and in fact this is my very first post.

The primary reason why I joined is because I just brought a Honda CB400N Superdream here in Mumbai. Thing is, I have only heard excellent reviews from everyone about the bike till now. Seems to be a workhorse from what they say...

Anyways, the bike's in the garage right now undergoing some repairs that the previous owner had overlooked. One thing though is really troubling the completion of repairs is that we need a new Stator assembly for the bike.

The garage owner is a very nice chap called Johnny in Khar Danda, very famous himself since everyone from John Abraham with his 'Busa to Fardeen with his CBRR come there to get their bikes serviced.

And he did find a complete stator assembly but the owner changed his mind at the last moment and took it back, just when we had the damn thing fixed and bike running smoothly...

Now I need a stator comp assembly to get this baby back on the road and don't know where to look. Please help if anyone knows where I can get one...

Appreciated
- -
Rajiv Ahuja
Royal Enfield 350cc (current)
Honda CB400N (current)
Old 24th February 2009, 13:39   #18
BHPian

Rajiv, have you tried other people in Bombay? There's Kishan Rao in Bombay Central. I havent been there in a very long time, but if i remember right, you come over a bridge with the station on your left, keep going straight and then he's sopmewhere on the right. There's also one more guy a few building further down from there, but i cant remember his name.

I checked on the David Silvers website and they didnt seem to have any, it might be worth giving them a call.

Lets see some photos of the bike...
Old 24th February 2009, 14:14   #19
BANNED

Kishan Rao is no more, died last year.Check Maharastra Motors in Grant Road otherwise some online stores or eBay is always there for help.
Old 24th February 2009, 14:55   #20
BHPian

Sad about Kishan Rao.. used to go to him alot when i was younger, but since ive been here in the UK, i have'nt been for almost 9 years..
Old 24th February 2009, 15:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Sad about Kishan Rao.. used to go to him alot when i was younger, but since ive been here in the UK, i have'nt been for almost 9 years..
He was the last of his kind. I was told right till the end a long distance trip on a bike was no biggie.
Old 24th February 2009, 16:17   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahujarajiv View Post

Now I need a stator comp assembly to get this baby back on the road and don't know where to look. Please help if anyone knows where I can get one...
You could always lookup eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices or eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
There are guys breaking bikes all the time, or lookup the cb400N forum, you should be able to find a stator, or even the entire alternator assembly on one of these.

You could also get in touch with Tony, he is almost as good as Jonny. The two of them are the only 'good' mechs around in Bombay for multicylinder motorcycles.

manson.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:40   #23

Let me first and foremost thank all of you for coming up with so many suggestions.

1. I did think of Maharashtra Motors but the funny thing is that a chap I knew once had brought a stator assembly from him, and it blew in a week flat. Bad luck maybe... but the damn thing costs anywhere between 7k to 12k...

2. I don't have Tony's number. And I'm assuming this is the same Tony from Malad who's considered the 'R D Chinoy' of Mumbai for RD lovers. I'll surely wanna check with him also, just don't have his number.

3. I checked on ebay UK and the other sites as well. In fact i found AN ENTIRE CB400N Engine for sale! And for just £40, just forty pounds. Now I own a small international call center and so I called this gentleman immediately on his number, asked him about the bike's engine and all's going great UNTIL I mention that I'm calling from INDIA. He hung up the phone and put his phone on answering machine after that! I tried some 10-12 times and left and equal number of messages with my UK number to call on. Nothing yet...

I'm stuck... :o(
Old 3rd March 2009, 13:29   #24
BHPian

Rajiv, call the number i've given you, he should be able to help. Also consider the second option.
Old 7th March 2009, 04:54   #25

@DJPEESH,

I would suggest that you ask Samir about this as he really went out of his way to help me with my Honda CB400N which btw I brought just two months back. Before buying the one you have in mind, since you are in Mumbai, I would suggest that you show the bike to Johnny in Khar Danda. His number is 9821250267. You can give him my reference as my Honda is still at his garage.

All the best!
Old 15th March 2009, 02:19   #26

The Honda is almost ready to finally roll out of Johnny's garage.

Did take her for a test spin to Carter Road and found the following problems, which I did ask Johnny to rectify:

1. Gears don't change smoothly. And they really take a lot of effort to down shift.

2. Carbs seen clogged. Acceleration, though powerful, is not very smooth.

3. The rear tire, which is a Enfield rear one, needs to be changed pronto. It slipped out under me when I gave the throttle a sudden spin. Not that it didn't feel good, but would feel safer doing that with a broader rear tire.

4. Front disc's master cylinder's washers needs to be changed. I'm not taking her home without working front brakes.

Engine sounded good. Powerful even now...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks