Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 22:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
In which state? Around here all cops use Harleys and in California, I've seen the use specially built Kaw K1000 police version
Not in the US,Mpower. I've seen these in the UK & parts of Europe,IIRC.
Thats right, I've seen only Harleys being used as cop bikes. Mall security personnel have used dirt bikes,in the past.

I too agree with the idea of keeping the decals.
Old 9th April 2009, 20:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Another compliment wouldn't hurt now, would it?
Compliments and hurt? You got to be kiiding me. Thanks anyway. And you too, Ajay.

Yes, most guys I spoke here to were also of the opinion that I should leave those decals as they are, in order to preserve the originality. So I'm not touching those stripes. But I feel hurt when some guy walks up to me and says this reminds him of Hero Honda Sleek ( remember that? ). God, how much I hated that bike in those days. Those stripes looked dated even in those days.

Guys, can anyone please direct me to where I can find an aftermarket exhaust can? I wouldn't mind a used one either, if it is good and if it came at a reasonable price. Or alternatively, I wouldn't mind getting one fabricated. Where? Where? Pleeeease!

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th April 2009 at 13:50. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 9th April 2009, 23:37   #33
BHPian

You better contact M.R Rajkumar sir [Chennai] if ur planning to get it fabricated in India
Old 10th April 2009, 12:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
You better contact M.R Rajkumar sir [Chennai] if ur planning to get it fabricated in India

Thanks Arun. Any contact no. of MR Rajkumar?
Old 14th April 2009, 11:03   #35
BANNED

Buy from online sites the original one's either new or used in decent condition, good for engine health, dont take chance with fabricated ones.
eBay is loaded with most of the parts.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Compliments and hurt? You got to be kiiding me. Thanks anyway. And you too, Ajay.
===============
Or alternatively, I wouldn't mind getting one fabricated. Where? Where? Pleeeease!
actually even i felt the same... big BIG brother of HH sleek

but don't be bothered. a person who knows about the performance bikes will know the difference and value of this beast.
Old 29th April 2009, 01:00   #37

Hi Guys ... My CBX 750F in India

Hello Sagar, That is a very clean and beautiful CBX you have there. I guess I am the second guy to have a CBX 750 in India. Just picked it up yesterday. I am in Delhi for right now. My CBX 750 does need a lot of tender,love and care though but it is running fine. I do have a couple of INLINE 6 CBX's too. I will start working on it after I finish working on my CB350-four and one of my RD's. Untill then it will be my ugly duckling for a month or so.

Regards

Ashish
captag1@gmail.com
Old 29th April 2009, 10:45   #38
BHPian

you have couple of inline SIX CBXs!!!! No kidding! Please start a separate thread.

And do expect an email from me.
Old 29th April 2009, 12:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captag1 View Post
Hello Sagar, That is a very clean and beautiful CBX you have there. I guess I am the second guy to have a CBX 750 in India. Just picked it up yesterday. I am in Delhi for right now. My CBX 750 does need a lot of tender,love and care though but it is running fine. I do have a couple of INLINE 6 CBX's too. I will start working on it after I finish working on my CB350-four and one of my RD's. Untill then it will be my ugly duckling for a month or so.

Regards

Ashish
captag1@gmail.com

Hello Captag! Thanks! Good to know that some one else has got a CBX, too. I was kinda feeling lonely owning a bike no one has even heard of. So that makes us two of a kind.

And what's with this "couple of inline 6 CBXs"? My, my! You must be a collector. What else have you got? And yes, PICS PLEASE!!!! Pls upload pics of all your bikes, especially CBX 750. Any words of advice on CBX, for me? I will e-mail you as soon as I free up. Thanks once again.
Old 29th April 2009, 13:48   #40
BANNED

Ashish did you got them here in India or still they are in US.Love to see your collection in India mate.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:20   #41

Hello Ajay,
How are you buddy? Haven't spoken to you in a while.This CBX 750 is in India and the others are back home. I have the CB350 Four and the kawasaki triple in India and a few others. My herald is doing good but still looking for the twin carb manifold. All the RD's running good. Sagar's CBX is a pretty and has kept it very clean.

Ashish

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Hello Captag! Thanks! Good to know that some one else has got a CBX, too. I was kinda feeling lonely owning a bike no one has even heard of. So that makes us two of a kind.

And what's with this "couple of inline 6 CBXs"? My, my! You must be a collector. What else have you got? And yes, PICS PLEASE!!!! Pls upload pics of all your bikes, especially CBX 750. Any words of advice on CBX, for me? I will e-mail you as soon as I free up. Thanks once again.
Hi Sagar,
It is a pleasure to have someone else who has the same bike.I tried to upload the pics but Team BHP has certain restriction to upload the pictures or I plainly do not know how to. Do you have any access to a maintenance manual? I am looking for a 4X1 with a Kerker exhaust which I think used to sound awesome on the old inlines. I am running a set of 6 X 1 Kerkers on one of my CBX 6 and a D&G 6X1 on my Kawi 1300, they just sound wonderful. Let me know, if you know of somebody in India who would want to sell his 4X1 exhaust header for my CBX 750. The two exhaust pipes just donot do justice to the sound of an inline. I can send you the pictures of my toys through email.

Cheers

Ashish
captag1@gmail.com

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st May 2009 at 14:13. Reason: Please use multi quote
Old 28th December 2010, 22:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 1989 Honda CBX 750 F -- sound clip added

Hi, everyone! I am revisiting this thread after 18 months. Sorry about this hiatus. Recorded exhaust sound clip 4 days back. And uploaded onto Youtube. Here is the link.

This recording does not do 100% justice to the actual sound of the bike. The bike sounds louder than the sound this video reproduces. Nevertheless, I am sure inline-four lovers would like this sound. The 1st video is a crawl where the bike sounds heavy. The 2nd video, I rip it. Note the sound change from heavy to scream. 2nd gear and I run out of road touching 120 and I brake.

Last edited by pgsagar : 28th December 2010 at 23:04.
Old 29th December 2010, 11:48   #43
BHPian

Re: My 1989 Honda CBX 750 F

That is one awesome looking bike. It must be providing you with raw power like all the bikes of the past did. The feel must be awesome to be on one of the kind.
Hats off to the guy who maintained the bike like this.
The motor looks mean.

I don't think there is any issue in giving it your soft personal touch. It will be much appreciated and you will fall more in love with the machine.
Full black with just the log and a some modification on the headlight is the maximum you should do.

Happy motoring it around.
Have fun riding.
Old 29th December 2010, 12:55   #44
BHPian

Hi Pgsagar,

What exhaust did you go for? Got it fabricated locally or imported it? Please post some more pics
Old 29th December 2010, 14:54   #45
BHPian

Now that is what I call a Bike. So unique and rare(atleast in india I am sure) and so macho. Lucky guy. Would love to see HIM (notice: I/we usually refer the newer sleeker ones as SHE) in flesh.

Congrats for the lovely machine such a solid build and looks like it will easily last for a few more decades to come.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks