Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 14:12   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
So as a FYI can someone post whats the On Road Price and finance options, like Down payment amount + EMI per month for x years? - For CBR1000RR, R1, MT-01 and the Busa?
approx figures for r1 or mt01

finance - max 7L (thats what BAF does)
for 5 years - emi aprox 16-17k

my 2cents only
Old 17th April 2009, 14:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
So as a FYI can someone post whats the On Road Price and finance options, like Down payment amount + EMI per month for x years? - For CBR1000RR, R1, MT-01 and the Busa?
IronWolf: Good idea. It's something I'd love to peruse.
Old 17th April 2009, 14:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
approx figures for r1 or mt01

finance - max 7L (thats what BAF does)
for 5 years - emi aprox 16-17k

my 2cents only
Bravo, Jonny sir! you are right. Thats what BAF told me too!

But do you have the onroad prices of 1000RR and R1 in Bangalore?
Old 17th April 2009, 14:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
WHy do you say so, its one of the best banks when it comes to loans.
They weren't the best when I wanted an education loan. They were least bothered.
Old 17th April 2009, 15:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
Bravo, Jonny sir! you are right. Thats what BAF told me too!

But do you have the onroad prices of 1000RR and R1 in Bangalore?
11.50Approx for R1/Mt01...dunno for any other brand cox i have only these two machines in my house

best place to know is the hunda showroom (i dont like hunda so its hunda for me ) your intruder/busas should be around 14L onroad!

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 17th April 2009 at 15:25.
Old 17th April 2009, 19:08   #36
BHPian

Quote:
11.50Approx for R1/Mt01...dunno for any other brand cox i have only these two machines in my house

best place to know is the hunda showroom (i dont like hunda so its hunda for me ) your intruder/busas should be around 14L onroad!
Cool! Are these onroad in Bangalore? Do onroad prices vary between cities?
Old 18th April 2009, 01:17   #37
BHPian

on road prices vary as each state levies diff taxes. you should enquire from the showroom concerned with the state sales they r the best guide !
Old 24th April 2009, 11:02   #38
BHPian

@DirtyHarry: Suggest you contact one of the approved dealers for Yamaha and check with them. BAF had some sort of a limited offer with a reduced interest rate for a while. I think it's stopped now.

AFAIK, Honda hasn't even identified the dealers who'll be selling their CBU bikes in the South, so forget about getting more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Axis bank also finances but only for the Yamahas.
Axis Bank has tied up with BAF and is providing the financing, while BAF does the approvals and back end. So both are the same.

Quote:
are they any cheaper then the BAF folks ... for yammie SBKs ... as BAF charges 8%flat interest for full tenure.

Any PSU bank will be the cheapest and easiest to deal with (in the long run). But you do need to have a prior relationship with them for things to go through quickly.
Old 13th May 2009, 09:29   #39
BHPian

I was told that Honda is appointing only 2 dealers in India for SBs? One in Delhi and the other in Mumbai. Not sure if they are already appointed or will be appointed shortly.

Wonder why Bangalore is not considered.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:00   #40
BHPian

@ Rossiter or anyone, which are insurance companies which actually do comprehensive insurance for SBKs which includes protection against theft and accident both. Also, this should be applicable on the old bikes as the news bikes sold in India and old bikes have a completely different way of costing. I would like opinions from only those who have dealt with insurance companies and have obtained such for their bikes. In other words, first hand experiences. No speculations on this one, please!
Old 13th May 2009, 14:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
I was told that Honda is appointing only 2 dealers in India for SBs? One in Delhi and the other in Mumbai. Not sure if they are already appointed or will be appointed shortly.

Wonder why Bangalore is not considered.
The 2 showrooms that will be opened in Delhi and Bombay are actually going to double as the service centres. When you buy the bike it will have an invoice from Jhaveri or Om Sai Honda. Honda is not allowed to sell bikes diretly for some reason. The same applies for Yamaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
@ Rossiter or anyone, which are insurance companies which actually do comprehensive insurance for SBKs which includes protection against theft and accident both. Also, this should be applicable on the old bikes as the news bikes sold in India and old bikes have a completely different way of costing. I would like opinions from only those who have dealt with insurance companies and have obtained such for their bikes. In other words, first hand experiences. No speculations on this one, please!
My friend just got his insurance renewed from ICICI for his R1 and he did it online. I'll ask him what it covers and update.
Old 13th May 2009, 16:21   #42
BHPian

Guys any idea what the on road price for a CBR600RR would be?

not even considering buying it, but get a target set and work towards it....
Old 14th May 2009, 11:08   #43
BHPian

Sprucegoose, if you are looking for a 600, this is not a good time. DRI is cracking the 600 owners pretty bad and they are selling bikes at throw-away prices to recover their money. Very shady papers, documents missing and not recoverable. Don't look for a 600 unless it is on TR and has papers as required by law and those are being handed over to you at the time of sale. As i was reading the other thread, I read that these bikes are being registered on forged passports of learners of driving schools, so be very careful that the guy who is selling you the bike has it endorsed on his passport and not a third party and has owner the bike in India for more than 2 years post registration. No matter how good the condition is of these baggage bikes, they are not worth the risk. Keep looking for the right one, you will eventually find your calling.

PS: Prices vary from bike to bike, but a clean bike will be upward of 4.5 lakhs post 2000 and between 3.5 and 4.5 lakhs for a 95-2000 bike with absolutely genuine papers. Rest depends on the condition of the bike.

Do read the bible, i.e. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/everyt...ike-india.html

Most Viewed