Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 09:37   #1
BHPian

HELP!! Need to Register an Imported bike in Bangalore

It's an 06 Blade and I have all the Customs docs, Bill of Lading, Importer Licence, Invoice from Shipper etc. What I don't have is:

1) a fix on what it actually costs to Register
2) a fixer at one of the RTOs who is PROFESSIONAL (knows his onions, will add a reasonable 'fee' and WILL get the job done).

Any inputs will be appreciated.
Please PM me.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Netchef,

Don't miss these two threads either:

1. Understanding superbike paperwork

2. How to buy a superbike in India
Old 21st April 2009, 13:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
It's an 06 Blade and I have all the Customs docs, Bill of Lading, Importer Licence, Invoice from Shipper etc. What I don't have is:

1) a fix on what it actually costs to Register
2) a fixer at one of the RTOs who is PROFESSIONAL (knows his onions, will add a reasonable 'fee' and WILL get the job done).

Any inputs will be appreciated.
Please PM me.
The road tax percentage for an imported vehicle would be three times (%age) of what your local authority charges for a domestic vehicle. In Mumbai, domestic it is about 21% of the landed value of the vehicle.
Landed value = original cost of bike + import duty paid + shipping and clearing charges + octroi (if applicable).
Any efficient5 and knowledgable driving school agent should be able to help you have the bike registered without an issue, considering you have all the hard copies in original.
Their fee isn't really too high or anything. I would suggest you to visit your nearby driving school and ask him for the actual expenses.

manson.
Old 21st April 2009, 14:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Netchef,

Don't miss these two threads either:
GTO: Thanks a tonne for that Sir. I knew of the existence of at least one of them threads but couldn't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
The road tax percentage for an imported vehicle ...

manson.

manson: Thanks, Sir. 21% sounds high. Also, Bangalore RTO is another kettle of fish altogether, with the emphasis on 'fish'. Am currently exploring various avenues/agents.

'Landed value' is the tricky bit. The first agent I spoke with asked 22K just as his 'fees', but seemed to have the rest of the costing pretty cockeyed! In fact it was so wild, I came away convinced that if the container that brought the bike contained a refrigerator, they'd swear it were necessary to build an R/C Book for that as well!

Wish me luck. If Spike Milligan were around, he'd write me an epitaph with this in it.
Old 21st April 2009, 14:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats netchef , how about some pics sar? . BTW contact prabhu , he got his cbr919 registered through a agent itself here.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

You have a pm. Have you already bought it or still considering?

Last edited by straight6 : 21st April 2009 at 15:15.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

dear sir,

would suggest you to talk to the rto officals first. here in hyd, when i wanted to know a process of getting a 2000 zx-9r registered which had all the papers, none of the brokers who do our rto work regurarly knew the exact process.

so all i did was walk down to the rta office with all the documents i had, spoke to the exact officals who are incharge of registering up all imported bikes and cars and within an hour i got all the details of the exact amount i need to pay, the time frame and the process.

and from my exprience, i found the bangalore rto (the one located in the indranagar bda building) to be much better to handle than the hyderabad ones.

and in hyd it is 12% and a certain amount of penalty for the time gap between the import date and the day of registration.
Old 21st April 2009, 17:23   #8
Team-BHP Support

Rajeev, if you haven't put down the money just yet and are looking to go through the entire process rather cleanly, I'd suggest factoring in 50K odd. That should mostly cover all your road tax, penaties, agent's fees, e.t.c.

manson.
Old 21st April 2009, 18:37   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Congrats netchef , how about some pics sar? . BTW contact prabhu , he got his cbr919 registered through a agent itself here.

black12rr: Too early for congrats Sir. Thanks for the heads up on Prabhu- I know him but it didn't dawn that he went thru similar process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
You have a pm. Have you already bought it or still considering?

straight6: Thanks for the PM. Replied already, Sir. Nope, not yet in the bag. Trying to evaluate this grey area for a proper fix on final price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
dear sir,

would suggest you to talk to the rto officals first.
aadix: Thanks- very original and might just work Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Rajeev, if you haven't put down the money just yet and are looking to go through the entire process rather cleanly, I'd suggest factoring in 50K odd. That should mostly cover all your road tax, penaties, agent's fees, e.t.c.

manson.
manson: Just short of putting down money, Sir. Thanks. Sounds as if it might be a tad higher in Bangalore. I've had conservative estimates of 80-90K though the Agents are all over the place.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st April 2009 at 20:20. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 21st April 2009, 20:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Woohoo! Now this is some news! Gonna watch this thread closely!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks