Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 00:20   #151
BANNED

4 forward gears ,no reverse and no 5th gear on this one.
However Diesel one will have all the gears (5+1)
Old 10th November 2010, 08:37   #152
Senior - BHPian

@DCustom - I'm stumbling for words to say more than Congratulations. The motorcycle looks way too beautiful & simply reminds me of BossHoss made out of those V8 engines.

I feel, the rear is missing something, not sure what. IMO, the wheel base could've been extended a little to give a full length fenner. But again, that's your choice & engineering.

But I loved the build, its fantastic & has come out very well. Kudos to your effort.
Old 10th November 2010, 10:28   #153
BHPian

UNBELIEVABLE stuff man! Congratulations.

Its obvious to see how far you've come from the first bike (in college). Simply amazing that you've made this many advances so quickly. I'd like to see your handiwork 3 bikes down the line

Just one thing though. With such a well executed and finished bike, the two rockets detract from it a little. Its such a monster of a machine that I feel it doesn't need any frills. Its intimidating all on its own y'know. Just my opinion of course so no offence meant.

Cheers

Rahul
Old 12th November 2010, 11:48   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@DCustom - I'm stumbling for words to say more than Congratulations. The motorcycle looks way too beautiful & simply reminds me of BossHoss made out of those V8 engines.

I feel, the rear is missing something, not sure what. IMO, the wheel base could've been extended a little to give a full length fenner. But again, that's your choice & engineering.

But I loved the build, its fantastic & has come out very well. Kudos to your effort.

Hey there Mate!
thanks for all your appriciation,and some day i surely make a V-8 motorcycle.
PS: I am no DCUSTOM Guy!!!. my screen name is Dustom,which is initials for my name Dushyant Tomar.And i really dont like being called Dcustom or some stuiff like that.

Thanks everyone for your support.
I Remember I promised a video, sorry for not coming up with it yet. Overheating problem has not been solved yet, infact in truth I could not find time to work on it or call anyone to get it fixed. will do it soon

as everyone wants the rockets to vanish, i guess i will have to get rid of them soon.

RT13: I might not go that far, I mean 3 bikes down the line,although i would love to, but i simply do not have that kind of money.
With almost non existent market for such motorcycles in india i doubt I would find many takers for a hand build motorcycle even if i provide collosal bhp or torque figures or i come up with a V-8. For now i think i will just complete my Diesel bike and try to muster some sort of sponsership to take it to saltfalts , find out how fast i would go and thats it.

Last edited by dustom_99 : 12th November 2010 at 12:01. Reason: addition to content
Old 13th November 2010, 14:53   #155
BHPian

Wow DUSTOM, that's an awesome looking bike all the credit of the looks goes to the engine. Love the bike with the complete engine bay filled.
I bet it must be pulling like a monster.
How does it handle curves, vibrations, heating?
Congrats on your achievement. i really cannot imagine how much of information your mind would have processed to end at this finished product.
Cheers to it.
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:00   #156
BANNED

Handling quite satifactory even in city traffic speeds, I mean nothing to complain, and handling will only improve when we run a proper motorcycle rear tyre, however it needs to be muscled around the turns,not a natural twisty eater I would say. But once it hits open road ,it comes into its own fort. Although I have not tested alongside but I am willing to go as far as saying that 883 will struggle to keep up!
Vibration is there at idle,quit similar to steering vibrations of an old maruti800 ,but once you come above idle they totaly vanish,feels like riding a big activa.
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:05   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
PS: I am no DCUSTOM Guy!!!. my screen name is Dustom,which is initials for my name Dushyant Tomar.And i really dont like being called Dcustom or some stuiff like that.
Just notice & thanks for pointing out my mistake; I'll make a point to address you @DusTom going forward.

How's the overheating issue now? Were you able to diagnose & fix it?

Quote:
but I am willing to go as far as saying that 883 will struggle to keep up!

Quote:
Vibration is there at idle,quit similar to steering vibrations of an old maruti800 ,but once you come above idle they totaly vanish,feels like riding a big activa.
Big Activa???? Lol; seriously speaking, why not try out a custom built scooter? Is it much difficult than building a custom motorcycle?
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:44   #158
BANNED

Overheating was due to retarded timing. I took of the timing belt when the engine was painted silver,crank or valve pulley must have gone out of sync.its ok now,although I think I might need a new carb for it.
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:38   #159
BHPian

Man i have no words.I repent for having not taken up education relating to Mechanical/Automobile engineering. Great project.This will surely be a success.I salute the patience and interest that you have spent on this project.

ALL THE BEST
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:48   #160
BHPian

Oh Man ! Those Headlights !!!!
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:16   #161
BANNED

Which headlights? There is just one!
Current pics are on page 10

Last edited by dustom_99 : 3rd December 2010 at 15:23. Reason: Addition to content
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:34   #162
Senior - BHPian

The bike looks really good and kudos for your hardwork! I found the headlights to be good too though not a fan of the rockets below Looking forward to more pics and maybe a video with its firing.
Old 10th December 2010, 18:23   #163
BANNED

re: '1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"

Small burnout and launch video uploaded.
Both of these are shot at home,soon will upload road going video when i find some one who could do the shooting for me.

Now that the timing is all sorted out, vibrations are gone,it runs smooth as silk. at starting and while running

Last edited by dustom_99 : 10th December 2010 at 18:41.
Old 10th December 2010, 22:07   #164
Senior - BHPian

Why is there that vertical movement left in the handle bar.Will it not pose as a danger during emergency maneuvers or the handle may even fail during heavy braking?
Old 10th December 2010, 22:51   #165
BHPian

OMG, this is just WOW!! I am speechless after seeing the videos. Awesome job man. I just hope to see this in person if I ever go to Haridwar (I hope thats were you stay)!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks