Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2010, 22:51   #166
BANNED

re: '1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"

No it wont fail,its made of steel tubing 3times the thickness of normal handle bars,it turns on a bullet wheel axel,and movement is restricted in forward direction by a steel bracket. Under braking weight moves forward ,so handle bar is not going places without the motorcycle.
It is serving as clutch lever. The whole power hydraulic set up has been moved to diesel bike,as it was made of lot of custom parts,and is kind of expensive. I have used this type of clutch for quite some time,its quite easy and safe.
Old 17th December 2010, 13:10   #167
BANNED

More than 3000 views to the thread,after the videos. And amazing that there are zero reviews after that. Either bike is too good or too bad to comment! Anyway its confirmed I am doing a 400bhp+ monster bike in 2011 using a 2.4l honda turbo engine. Its clear that I will have to do the final drive myself,as goldwings final drive wil not be able to handle 400 bhp for sure. And I may be doing a motorcycle for a hollywood celbrty ' The Gladiator' as well. Please keep your comments comming.
Old 17th December 2010, 14:14   #168
Senior - BHPian

So you are saying that the raising the handle bar acts as clutch release ?. Man thats very scary to ride .Why cannot it be connected to normal clutch lever on the left side ?.

There is no sound in the video ?
Old 17th December 2010, 14:41   #169
BANNED

Clutch operation is stock, using left hand pull lever. However it works on power assist from hydraulic pump, which is driven by engine via a belt.
However that whole power assisted pack has been moved to turbo diesel motorcycle for now. I would get the whole thing back on this bike (hydraulic pump,control valve and slave cyldr) as and when I have another unit ready for diesel bike.
Although it might seems scary but it isnt as much as it looks to be, moreover its a bull only for cowboyz who know how to tame, average joe nither deserves nor will will be able to ride a bike like that in india
Any time soon. For average joe Parley Peterson is the way to go,just another bike for just another guy!
Old 17th December 2010, 19:15   #170
BHPian

Hi just saw the video..It would have been great with audio. Wont the handle pose any maneuverability problem, especially when hard braking.
Old 20th December 2010, 09:50   #171
Senior - BHPian

the bike looks great now..I'm sure the power is tremendous.
but, whatever the logic, as far as I know, the Handle is definitely unsafe.
you just cannot have that kinda articulation on one of the most important part of
the bike.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:26   #172
Team-BHP Support

Great job @dutsom99, however I still think that this bike may be good with that kind of clutch for drag races only. It will be hazardous to ride on street with a moving handle bar.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:40   #173
BHPian

dustom 99- amazing job dude,congrats for that,hope you dont mind a few suggestion,1.the rocket is not blending in with the bike it looks really tacky,2. i think the straight handle bar you see on some modded choppers would really look cool,otherwise really great effort.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:44   #174
BANNED

As I have mentioned in my earlier posts as well,this clutch setup is just for the time being,as I have moved the power hydraulic setup to my turbo diesel bike. That whole setup is oneoff and did cost me a lot,right now I dont have another functional unit of slave and control valves.
Normally the bike would have very normal clutch operation using left hand lever mounted on the fixed handlebars.
However even this setup serves well,and is not dangerous as movement of handlebars is restricted,and they do not travel any further forward than there fully released position.
Under hard braking or anything one can confdntly put entire weight on them and trust the steel B-).
yes it takes some 'getting used to' ,but once you get a hang of it,it works well even in crowdd market streets.
Sorry did not know that the clips had no audio, soon will post braking test and acceleration test videos with audio alright.
Old 20th December 2010, 14:01   #175
Senior - BHPian

Holly Mackarels. Great job indeed.

Hats off to you for pulling this off, from a Zen engine to a Verna powered one. It loks much better from the front now. Sheer work of genious

However, if it is possible, have a small suggestion. The missle thing does not look to appealing, as it does not blend in with the bike. Or probably change to colour to chrome or black. Futher, do you plan to cover the battery and you should do something about the seat overhang from the sides, as it kind of takes away the butch look a bit

5 stars anyway for this

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 20th December 2010 at 14:01. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 20th December 2010, 14:29   #176
BANNED

The rocket dummies are already gone! Removed them.
Yes I will be making a battery cover,and most probably I will make the seat side panels again ,would change to a solo seat aswell.
As verna project is comming good,when I do the sheet metal work for it,i would surely make a battery cover for this one!
Thanks
Old 31st March 2011, 14:22   #177
Senior - BHPian

Dustom,

Congratulations! have you tried cruising on highway and how it behaves on sharp curves. I know you would have monsterous power under your seat.

Dwarak
Old 1st April 2011, 11:29   #178
BANNED

Straight line stability is very very good,no vibrations and no wobbles.sticks to the line dead straight.
Curves needed to be attempted at limited speeds ,may be around 40-50kmph ,it simply refused to be flicked side to side. Because of 42deg rake,car tyre at back and long wheel base,it is quite tough to get her down on tight corners.
I think with a motorcycle tyre at back things would improve quite a bit,but certainly 42deg rake is never going to be a confidence inspiring around mountain
curves.
Rite now I have moved front wheel,front forks and rear tyre to my diesel bike.
Old 1st April 2011, 12:13   #179
Senior - BHPian

that car tyre on rear is very very dangerous on turns , replace it with motorcycle tyre ..

even the front tyre on your bike is a rear motorcycle tyre , so again its bad for handeling ...
Old 1st April 2011, 12:20   #180
BHPian

That's a monster and great job done - this is real good stuff.

Anyways waiting for your next bike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks