Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:58   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Great job!!!

Just amazing!!! I can't imagine how charged up this project must keep you.

I know you are not bothered about mileage, but if I am not wrong, you must be getting around 5kmpl?

no! who said 5kmpl??
it gives 18 pretty easily,infact now that the weight has been reduced from previous verison of project and final reduction has been reduced from 4:1 to 2.9:1 it will be around 20-22 kmpl, with weight of 224kg,it isnt all that heavy,atleast lighter than 883 sportster and making 5bhp more!
Old 4th March 2010, 12:42   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
no! who said 5kmpl??
it gives 18 pretty easily,infact now that the weight has been reduced from previous verison of project and final reduction has been reduced from 4:1 to 2.9:1 it will be around 20-22 kmpl, with weight of 224kg,it isnt all that heavy,atleast lighter than 883 sportster and making 5bhp more!
You are too quick to respond. I later edited it to 18!
Old 27th May 2010, 16:15   #108
BANNED

NOw the bike is all running and mechanically done up,just changine the clutch operation to a total power hydraulic clutch,where the rider will only operate a Hydraulic valve instead of pulling the clutch and power hydraulics will do the job for him,i have teted the system in isolation,but now it needs to go in on the motorcycle and work in the real world.I looked into incorporating that Autoclutch thing from Automate as well,but i guess Auto clutch thing will kill that bigger power feeling because it takes its own sweet time to engage and disengage.
Brakes have been done up,rear and front,bout are working pretty well,i took a spin of about 4-5km which was without exaust muffler and ugly looking big clutch lever to pull,however performance is definately giant killer specially that air cooled Parley-peterson!hehe.
It has taken hell lot of time but i am satisfied with the developments because i have designed all systems keeping in mind that i will be putting in really larger engines with big horsepower say: ANHC and verna and may be even a V-6 if i get my hands on it.Infact any engine that runs can be made into a motorcycle now with my special construction and auxilary systems with top notch reliability as my design does not alter any thing within the powertrain package.The engine,gearbox,driveshaft.So no mechanical failures,and more importantaly it does not uses sumo cam shaft belt drive to drive the rear wheel of so called enfield choppers,ofcourse that thing will give way if u pump in the throttle and jerk release the clutch.proper drive shaft means you can perform burnouts on your will without even blinking an eye.
I am attaching some recent pics,however this bike is just a rough copy for me as it has been stripped ,cut,decimated,welded and melted far too many times.
Now that i have imported a JDsquared tube bender meaning i can custom build my frames with curves ,next bike will be hi performance as well as killer custom.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:34   #109
BANNED

pics

I think a slightly modified and one with hondata ecu and ANHC engine producing something about 150-160bhp with paddle shift will be just too awesome.here are the currnet pics.2nd pic shows rear brake master cylinder with two functional fluid lines,3rd is the drive shaft,4th is clutch assist.5th is an esteem carb which will be going in when i replace the original zen crab.In first pic you can see the oil pump hanging below towards the crank pully side,i have not fabricated a bracket,when i do that,it will be horizontal near to iol filter,and it will operate the clutch with high pressure oil,however it produces over 2000psi,clutch operation will only need about 700psi with my master cylinder.
Attached Thumbnails
'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00765.jpg  

'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00766.jpg  

'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00768.jpg  

'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00770.jpg  

'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00773.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 16:51   #110
Senior - BHPian

IMO, you will be better off with an OHC engine with an OBD1 ECU if you're going with Honda. The ANHC engine/ECU probably has drive-by-wire throttle and a bunch of other electronics which will make it more difficult than it should be.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:59   #111
BANNED

yes i know that,but when you swap an engine like that,you ofcourse will need to swap in all the systems related to engine running and manahement including the lamda and tps,it is pretty difficult to find all the sensors and wiring loom,a solution to that is buy a turn key engine from some engine dealer,or buy a totaled salvage car and swap the whole thing in one go.I mean there are plenty of cars getting tottaled everyday.good thing about buying the whole salvage car is that taking off parts from a salvage car,which has been written off you can get your project bike approved and register legally anywhere in the world
Old 27th May 2010, 17:10   #112
Senior - BHPian

wow. WOW
I never thought anyone can come up with such a bike in college days.
Amazing.
Keep up the good work is all I can say.

BTW how much have been the expenses till now??
Old 27th May 2010, 17:20   #113
BANNED

I am not in colg anymore!!college went away 4 yrs back,work for an automobile gaint now.Expenses is not too great if you know what you need to do,its the finding out part that is quite expensive.otherwise parts would hardly cost about 1-2 lc bucks depending upon what are you installing.infact a rough thumb rule that i have formulated is 4-5thousand for every horsepower will give you a working motorcycle,above that its all in the details and looks
Old 27th May 2010, 20:51   #114
BHPian

dustom....

what an awesome looking machine mano! i have to salute your spirit, verve and audacity (in the nicest possible way!) to be pulling this off.

i'm sure you've answered this before, but how do you plan to make this road legal? (or is that not a part of the plan at all? ) it makes for really interesting reading and my tuppence would be that once the mechanicals are in place, the cosmetics need to be as bareback and minimalist as possible, to let the bike do all the talking!

take care mano and all the best with the build. i look forward to reading more of your stuff.
Old 27th May 2010, 21:25   #115
BANNED

well thrs a gud news,VCA (vehicle certification authority) which gives ECC vehicle approvals for all the vehicles in UK and all across europe,has set up office in new delhi and china,they also conduct SVAT (single vehicle approval test) through which all custom vehicles and custom choppers have to go through,however they have not started SVAT in india yet,quite soon burden of vehicle approval will be taken off the shoulders of ARAI,and VCA will be doin all the stuff.so probably in coming years , may be 2-3 yrs we will also have SVAT in india,then getting your custom build vehicle approved for the road wont be a big hassel.for now,this very vehicle as i said above is just a rough copy and i am developing auxilary systems for the time to come.till that time custom choppers can and will run around with bullet papers, as all the other bullet modifiers are doing.I reality all those choppers selling all around delhi and bombay are quite iligal.CMVR does not allow for any sort of modification what so ever.however CMVR does not also say or mention any thing about self build non homologated vehicles.Also India does not have a Salvage policy as most of the countries already have.so CMVR does not say any thing about use of salvage engines,but it does not deny there use as well! Ok to cut the crap short ,i would say for 1-2 yrs hand build vehicles will run on papers of some other vehicle,until we have SVAT or DMV sort of vehicle approval tests in india.
However if some one wants to ride something like this entirely legaly and not on some other motorcycles papers,one can send his vehicle to UK for as little as 600$,get SVAT done there which costs about 70 pounds(which provides vehicle with all complaint certificates),and then register the motorcycle quite leagally as a new vehicle in india.but this whole process would take some 3 months or so,so till that time let the Gandhiji talk and we ride with all the glory! Cheers
Old 31st May 2010, 09:47   #116
Senior - BHPian

too good

hi dustom_99

just wow !!
i am speechless.

Quote:
i really liked the look in these two pictures.

& just dont forget the , post the progress EVERY day.

BTW thanks for the info on VCA,SVAT.
do you have any website link for that.

regards,
nikhil
Old 31st May 2010, 13:51   #117
BHPian

I salute your passion for automobiles. very eager to see the final product.
Old 1st June 2010, 16:33   #118
BANNED

pics of hydraulic power unit

Installed a hydraulic pump,and hydraulic operating valve , now i will install a slave cylinder which will operate the clutch,rider will only open up or close the valve using the clutch lever,which ofcourse will be almost effortless.Also Imported a JDSQUARED tube& pipe bender(model 32) with two sets of Die(each set consisting of former die,pressure die,anti wrinkling die and U clamp).With this project near complition,i am again in search for an engine,either 2.4l I-Vtec of accord or Verna crdi.If some one comes across a tottaled car with similar engine options , please let me know.Also if some one knows of an engine which is for sale,I m looking for Mega power,so engines below 100bhp are out of consideration,Labour and total man-hours are almost same in making a motorcycle with a big engine or a small one,then why not go for something totally off the scale!What say? infact a V-6 will be a delight.
Attached Thumbnails
'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00777.jpg  

'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00778.jpg  

'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00779.jpg  

'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00780.jpg  

'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00783.jpg  

Old 1st June 2010, 16:58   #119
BANNED

This video link contains a brief video of the on going project bike,Although my lil sis made a mess of video direction!hehe,but you can still catch some glimps of Falcon2,that time it ws running without rear brakes and hand operated big lever clutch and only first 2 gears were working.Soon will post much better and day time videos.
Old 1st June 2010, 18:49   #120
Senior - BHPian

Great effort there dustom! Single sided swing-arm looks cool,a la MV Augusta!

But if we looking at 100bhp+ power outputs,it needs to be reigned in better,and I don't think that single 267mm FZ disc up front will suffice.Try a bigger twin disc set-up instead, although in that case you have to change the front rim and fabricate caliper mounts too.

Also won't that rear car tire affect handling,performance and efficiency considering the larger surface area always in contact with the tarmac? I'm sure you'll find a smaller section bike tire that would do the job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks