Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 09:52   #31
BHPian

Thats a great looking bike mate , whats the weight of the bike after installing the shaft?
Old 13th May 2009, 13:07   #32
BHPian

Dustom,

Though I would like to say that "I dont think what you are saying you did, you actually" but there is enough to state that " you did a real cool job!!!", nothing better than this. Why dont you get this registered & tour down to any of the metros!!!
Old 13th May 2009, 13:43   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Dustom,

Though I would like to say that "I dont think what you are saying you did, you actually" but there is enough to state that " you did a real cool job!!!", nothing better than this. Why dont you get this registered & tour down to any of the metros!!!
hey sam!
and what exactly would it be that u dont think i did?
Old 13th May 2009, 14:06   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Dustom,

There are obvious reasons i dont get this registered.
1 first of all certificate of roadworthiness. arai pune
2 either licence to use suzuki engine or atleast patent applied status if self designed.
3 certificate of non polluting vehicle. incase of special/non homologated vehicles its from arai
4 And may be zillion other certificates.
this is what i have been told,may be there are some other facts i dont know.

and i could not care less for any registration crap

In haridwar and roorkee i never had any problem with cops,infact allover uttarakhand cops are pretty cool,
i was halted a couple of times only in entire span,that to they usually ask for a ride,thats it.

ok here are some pics of the bike when the project was in initial phase and engine was coupled with bullet gearbox.

and yes as most of the suggestions have asked for replacement of headlights,it sure is going this time.i personally liked it but soo many people not liking it so i have decided rocket3 type twin headlamp unit with tinge of crome and paint.

weight was 215kg dry with bullet gearbox,it became 247kg with the zen gearbox,now after shaft drive without differential it should get within 210s once again.lets see

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
Attached Thumbnails
'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-dsc00197.jpg  

'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-photo0007.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th May 2009 at 15:06.
Old 13th May 2009, 15:16   #35
BHPian

Fantastic....

That is an amazing project. I knew someone would be building a bike on these lines, and it turned up on the forum.

Way to go, will look out for future updates from you.
Old 14th May 2009, 09:35   #36
BANNED

i am keen on learning the art of tuning engines as well,once i finish fabrication and get a good paint job done.I will definitely try my hand at comp ration of 11.5:1,with individual crabs for each cylinder.i find tuning the crab way more appealing and charming instead of some stupid laptop telling me of my throttle inputs and fuel injection timing.
remember 1960s when F1 engines produced 1500hp on small block V-10s with crabs.
for me that is the way to go.that is what i would love.
lets see!
Old 15th May 2009, 16:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
hey sam!
and what exactly would it be that u dont think i did?
Everything

But certainly what you have done is a piece of Marvel & you really deserve a lot for this!!!
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:14   #38

kudos

hi dushyant, amazing engineering , love it bro , as i am a custom chopper builder i know what all goes in a project like that , u can check me on orkut for my bikes, but the outer concept is very raw & unfinished & concept dpesnt match that of the cruiser with a sport bike like exhaust.
Do feel free anytime u want to talk about the next bikes body concept.
Again i am really proud of what u have done bro , india's answer to boss hoss...
Old 3rd June 2009, 01:31   #39
BANNED

Amazing and interesting project for a college student .

My inputs on the stuff , if you are going to rebuild some of the stuff .

You have mentioned setting up a bullet steering rake . I guess you must be using the balls and cone set . I would suggest using conical bearings on both the ends . and on top bearing use a high strength spring .

I have modified a hero honda for using a conical bearing and I am happy with the testing results . The steering has become precise with no wobble at all .

Since you are looking at improving the weight and your preference being a cruiser style , I would highly recommend using a Bakers DD6 gearbox with clutch from bakers as well . I am sure the total weight of the bike will definitely go down by 15-20 % .

Also try to add an oil cooler and try reducing the engine pan size . Try to get a machined fly wheel with a small diameter one so that the dimensions reduce . Fix a few gauges like water , oil , current meter so that you know what is happening .

A silencer guard is also recommended so that you do not cmome in contact with the engine when it is hot .

Hope my post helps a bit .
Old 3rd June 2009, 02:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
You have mentioned setting up a bullet steering rake . I guess you must be using the balls and cone set . I would suggest using conical bearings on both the ends . and on top bearing use a high strength spring .

I have modified a hero honda for using a conical bearing and I am happy with the testing results . The steering has become precise with no wobble at all ..
Do any Indian bikes come with conical bearings? Does the steering effort increase with conical bearings?
Old 3rd June 2009, 04:19   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Do any Indian bikes come with conical bearings? Does the steering effort increase with conical bearings?
nope , i dont think indian bikes have conical bearings
steering effort actually reduces ,because the bearings have a long life ,dont need any adjustment at all once they have been set up .

the headache with balls is that they need to be adjusted periodically , and the next thing is they are tightened too much then the steering becomes too tight and if they are loose , bike begins to wobble .

Last edited by greatmana2000 : 3rd June 2009 at 04:20.
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:40   #42
BHPian

hey dustom, nice stuff man. in the first pic the engine is mounted longitudinally on the frame where as in the wip pic it seems to be mounted transversely. Could you throw some light on this?
Old 4th June 2009, 08:26   #43
BANNED

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
Amazing and interesting project for a college student .

My inputs on the stuff , if you are going to rebuild some of the stuff .

I have modified a hero honda for using a conical bearing and I am happy with the testing results . The steering has become precise with no wobble at all .

Since you are looking at improving the weight and your preference being a cruiser style , I would highly recommend using a Bakers DD6 gearbox with clutch from bakers as well . I am sure the total weight of the bike will definitely go down by 15-20 % .

Also try to add an oil cooler and try reducing the engine pan size . Try to get a machined fly wheel with a small diameter one so that the dimensions reduce . Fix a few gauges like water , oil , current meter so that you know what is happening .

A silencer guard is also recommended so that you do not cmome in contact with the engine when it is hot .

Hope my post helps a bit .

hey thanks for all the stuff friend,but i have to say this. if i had money and resources to buy a baker tranny,and a baker clutch with it ,i might as well buy myself a rocket 3,and ride the world instead of burning my hands while welding stuff myself.

tranny dd6 with set clutch costs something about 2 lack bucks alone,forget about setting it up with recomended belt or chain drive. i would rather complete the whole bike with crome to showoff in less than that.

most of these options have been already explored and i am trying to find low cost soulutions for indian biker comunity which cannot afford all that fanfare.

anyway thanks for reminding.

and also herohonda (which model),if its wobbling,which it should not,its not a steering ball issue,most likely it would be uneven spoke tightining or unbalanced cast wheel..

and the pics on page three are pics of initial buildup of project, engine layout changed in phase two of project,when i had trouble with clutch.please read complete forum,and you would end up with plenty of explained things..
thanks everyone
Old 11th June 2009, 23:43   #44
BANNED

and also herohonda (which model),if its wobbling,which it should not,its not a steering ball issue,most likely it would be uneven spoke tightining or unbalanced cast wheel..

I tried the mods on a cd100 ss . It wasnt wobbling as such .. but just wanted to try cone bearings over the balls , as I wanted to see if there would be no need for frequent adjustments and that was the goal . I am very much satisfied .

Since you have explored the options ... why dont u try designing a gearbox and clutch yourself ?

That might be easier ..
Old 12th June 2009, 14:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Nice effort...
But do work on these also !!

The pipe coming after is too narrow.. Extreme Power Loss at that point !!
Change muffler to cruiser bike type.. This one is more sporty type!
Lights are toooo big , shift to round type light like in a crusier bikes

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 12th June 2009 at 14:40.

Most Viewed