Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 18:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A little birdie tells me that Yamaha & Honda India *instigated* (there I go again) the recent DRI raids. It's obvious why.

And yes, the little birdie is an industry source.
Many of us had suspected that, if thats the case then things are not going to get better anytime soon. The whole of India should just get up and buy a CB1000 already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Then there are guys that are hiding their bikes yet telling everyone that the bikes were picked up. I fail to see what this accomplishes. They are not fooling anyone but themselves. Their bikes will be picked up sooner or later. They just won't be able to ride in peace ever again.

Anyway, ther DRI does not have place to keep anymore bikes with them so now they are seizing bikes in buildings itself.
Its actually really stupid, some of the people here as well sit and claim that their bike is sold etc etc. Shows to a great extent that instead of everyone in the group sitting together and discussing what happened and what should be done they are running around trying to cover their own rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
And how does the DRI seize a bike in the building. The old White cloth on the lock with red wax?

Hell can someone tell me why they cannot just make these machines here and export em out to Europe etc?
The bike is frozen in place, if the person in concern moves the bike from there and customs comes for a check then criminal action can be *instigated ??* against him

Cars which are being made here arnt sold too cheap either eh? Why will you think the bike makers will even bother with this?
Old 9th April 2009, 20:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A little birdie tells me that Yamaha & Honda India *instigated* (there I go again) the recent DRI raids. It's obvious why.

You are spot on this one GTO. Why else would suddenly Govt. start cracking down on this illegal market which had thrived all these years without a hitch? Honda & Yamaha should rather lobby for reduction in taxes to help bring their bike pices down to saner levels.
Old 10th April 2009, 03:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

I guess they put some tape around it just like at a crime scene. Atleast the bike is with you and you know its well kept. You can start it up once in a while but cannot ride it.
Old 10th April 2009, 09:30   #49
BHPian

Quote:

You forgot Kawa Bajaj mate. Reliable sources inform that they started this & now have ended up getting themselves in a tough spot
Old 10th April 2009, 13:35   #50
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Just think about it guys, why can't the Jap biggies setup assembly shops and bring prices down? If the gray market could put together bikes in basements surely it shouldn't cost the mfg's much to do an assembly setup and price them more competitively

Atleast this way you can be sure the bikes won't get assembled with a few screws missing
Old 10th April 2009, 20:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quite true. Its about time the big names set up shop,and got the good bikes on the assembly line. Would make life a whole lot easier for all!
Old 10th April 2009, 22:01   #52
BHPian

They can start exports from here as well, like Hyundai & Maruti. What will they do with the seized bikes ?

CHEERS,
G D
Old 10th April 2009, 23:08   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Just think about it guys, why can't the Jap biggies setup assembly shops and bring prices down? If the gray market could put together bikes in basements surely it shouldn't cost the mfg's much to do an assembly setup and price them more competitively

Atleast this way you can be sure the bikes won't get assembled with a few screws missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Quite true. Its about time the big names set up shop,and got the good bikes on the assembly line. Would make life a whole lot easier for all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
They can start exports from here as well, like Hyundai & Maruti.
CHEERS,
G D
The above ideas have been discussed in much detail (through the pages) on the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...aunched-2.html

manson.
Old 10th April 2009, 23:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What will they do with the seized bikes ?

First, they will let 'em rot for years. Then, one fine morning they will auction it at a price closer to the new bike prices. In other words, you have got to be a nut to be buying in their auction.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th April 2009 at 15:30. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 10th April 2009, 23:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

I guess,even a person with an SBK (with proper papers), would find it an ordeal to ride anywhere,as every now & then they'd get stopped by the DRI, and be put through the pain of the verification process.

Old 11th April 2009, 00:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Quote:
What will they do with the seized bikes ?

First, they will let 'em rot for years. Then, one fine morning they will auction it at a price closer to the new bike prices. In other words, you have got to be a nut to be buying in their auction.
They cant auction something thats owned by someone and has RTO papers. They will have to first demand duties on it and if the owner refuses or cannot be contacted for a considerable period of time then maybe.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th April 2009 at 15:30. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 11th April 2009, 17:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quickdraw, technically speaking you are right. They cannot auction what is not theirs. However, the adjudication process is so long drawn and duties/penalties demanded will be so high that some of the owners would prefer to forgo their bikes. Such bikes will come under the hammer.
Old 12th April 2009, 03:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Quickdraw, technically speaking you are right. They cannot auction what is not theirs. However, the adjudication process is so long drawn and duties/penalties demanded will be so high that some of the owners would prefer to forgo their bikes. Such bikes will come under the hammer.
Those owner would be just plain stupid. And the demands arent that high unless the bike had no duty on it. I would never think of forgetting about it.
Old 12th April 2009, 13:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
Those owner would be just plain stupid. And the demands arent that high unless the bike had no duty on it. I would never think of forgetting about it.
No actually one of my friends is. He says if he is asked to pay 3 lakh duty on his 7 year old bike which he bought for 4 lakh. He would just let it go.
Old 13th April 2009, 20:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

It would make sense to some,to forgo the bike and move on.To those who have the attachment (and the money, of course),anything would be done to get the bike back.

So at this point, there is absolutely no estimate on how long the process of returning the bikes would take? I wonder if there would be other hold-ups, even if a person were to pay up all dues on the bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks