Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 18:29   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I see your signature has a V4 220+ and not "Coming soon V4",so has it arrived?and lets just talk in the V4 lingo.
well its ready for delivery dude. sadly I cant get it in yet

@nandishpa, one of the manufacturers only instigated this mate. This will be on forever now as now even the street pandu's will check. So best is to either buy from showroom or people should have paid when they were given a chance.
Old 13th May 2009, 22:49   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Woah I can see a lot of stuff going down. Bad news for everyone because even clean bikes could be picked up for no rhyme or reason. I dont understand whats causing this and after so many years.
They are not picking up clean bikes. They just recently checked the papers of an '04 600rr brought down on TR and let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
They had stopped, but if they would have simply listened & not continued ride around then they wouldnt have started fingering again. Serves them right
This has got nothing to do with anyone riding or not. They are going to do what they have to do regardless of that. They have done their homework. All illegal bikes will be picked up sooner or later.
Old 14th May 2009, 04:00   #78
Senior - BHPian

Mind sharing what qualifies as perfect papers?

Because I had a friend who'se bike RC book had TR stamped all over it, but he has nothing that quotes the amount he paid. Is the bike still illigal?
Old 14th May 2009, 05:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

Any comments on why the DRI does nor crack down on the RTO guys. Some paperwork (forged or real) from some department might have come with an exchange of some bribe. There has to be blind eyes somewhere else too.
Old 14th May 2009, 08:27   #80
Senior - BHPian

Just read this in mid-day.com regarding the DRI hauls, foul play suspected.

Linky: Wheels of misfortune
Old 14th May 2009, 09:20   #81
BHPian

16 more bikes in seized in Raigad, on the western coast of Maharashtra, after a foiled smuggling attempt.
Old 14th May 2009, 10:16   #82
BHPian

16 more super bikes seized by Raigadh Police

16 more super bikes seized by Raigadh police! Looks like the cops are really cracking the whip against illegal imports. Check out the link below.

16 more superbikes seized - Mumbai - Cities - The Times of India
Old 14th May 2009, 10:49   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
16 more super bikes seized by Raigadh police! Looks like the cops are really cracking the whip against illegal imports. Check out the link below.

16 more superbikes seized - Mumbai - Cities - The Times of India
This looks like a really bad time to be a SBK owner, especially one with dodgy papers.

I wonder if there's any involvement of the auto companies like Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki now that they have their products officially available?
Old 14th May 2009, 11:23   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mind sharing what qualifies as perfect papers?

Because I had a friend who'se bike RC book had TR stamped all over it, but he has nothing that quotes the amount he paid. Is the bike still illigal?
The bike I'm talking about was imported in '04 and is still with its 1st owner. He had paid a fine for importing the bike without owning it for 1 year abroad.

Its got 4.15L duty on it and I guess all the papers that the DRI guys look for. I don't think they would let it go just like that. Especially, when they went to the owners house.
Old 14th May 2009, 22:45   #85
Senior - BHPian

Damn thats really bad news, this thing is esclating to another level altogether. I think its curtains for good ol days and welcome to the world of countless R1's or one of the other 5 bikes available here. Forget about Ducati I heard only one was ever sold and that too was bought by Puma that too for display.
Old 15th May 2009, 00:10   #86
Senior - BHPian

In Hyderabad there are close to 400 stolen bikes,which include super bikes too.
Often they are displayed in Oldcity on Sunday for sale...its strictly cash n carry.
Old 15th May 2009, 00:53   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
In Hyderabad there are close to 400 stolen bikes,which include super bikes too.
Often they are displayed in Oldcity on Sunday for sale...its strictly cash n carry.
Interesting what superbikes do you mention? And what prices?
Old 15th May 2009, 02:25   #88
Senior - BHPian

I really wish this thing is taken care of ASAP. I know its not easy, but for the most part can't the DRI set some rules to make sure an SBK owner can just pay up whatever is necessary, and get done with the ordeal? The bikes that have been seized will take a severe beating before anything is done to release them following clearance.
Old 15th May 2009, 02:50   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I really wish this thing is taken care of ASAP. I know its not easy, but for the most part can't the DRI set some rules to make sure an SBK owner can just pay up whatever is necessary, and get done with the ordeal? The bikes that have been seized will take a severe beating before anything is done to release them following clearance.
Exactly my point, the news papers seem lax in mentioning that the people who bought the bikes unknowingly also are facing a lot of issues, and some of them also had their bikes picked up. There is (yet) no channel they can contact and voluntarily deposit the duties and get their minds free'd up.
Old 15th May 2009, 21:04   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my point, the news papers seem lax in mentioning that the people who bought the bikes unknowingly also are facing a lot of issues, and some of them also had their bikes picked up. There is (yet) no channel they can contact and voluntarily deposit the duties and get their minds free'd up.
Talk about the Govt at work. Take forever to make a decision, and have people move on with their lives. A huge chunk of people would rather let go of their rides, than have to sit and wait this way for eternity!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks