Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2005, 02:28   #1
BHPian

My new RIDE :) SUZUKI KATANA 600

Gang... I' recently got my self 2 wheels... a dream come true after all the depression over the time when i wud die to ride such a ride...
its a Suzuki katana 600cc, Inline 4 ,86bhp,6 gears, with a screaming "Vance & Hines" canister... lord its fast annnd loud alsoo.. i'm posting the pics for u guys on here

I drove 1700 miles/3000kms in 46 hours to go and fetch it ..drove Ohio-indiana-illinois-wisconsin and finally minnesota (twin cities) and back to ohio to fetch the motorcycle...
me n a friend had rented a pick-up(the one that you see in the pic's) a Chevy Silverado- 5.3litre V8 @300hp was crazy to drive for 3000kms. this whole journey was really tiring HOWEVER there was a treat waiting for us at the end of it...
I've got the bike registered just yesterday and plan to mount a handycam on it soon and do some really neat maneuvering videos through downtown cleveland as well as on the interstate (highways) i'll have the exhaust note videos posted on here soon...
do let me know what you guys think about my newww ridee

blaze
Your images were more than 7mb. Do not post this kind of size in future. Members with dial up connections cannot view them. Also, do not use more than one smily per post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th June 2005 at 08:05.
Old 4th June 2005, 02:37   #2
BHPian

Congrats Blaze.....looks great, I'm sure you must be freaking out on it....what made you decide on this particular bike???

Waiting for those videos...post them soon...

Cheers!!!
Old 4th June 2005, 09:55   #3
BHPian

amazing bike dude..... i would love to have a bike like that
Old 4th June 2005, 10:11   #4
BHPian

cleveland aaah!!. Is the bike new . I heard the rear sprocket wears up at 3 k miles. a decent katana with 5k on odo willl come for 3 -4 k $ i guess. which year is this bikw I cant say exactly from these pics it looks like 2003 .

silverado , I love it but 300 bhp ?? seems less for that. how much is the torque ?? can you spin the wheels easily?
Old 4th June 2005, 10:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey neat ride ..
how much did it cost you ? how many miles on it ?

enjoy and be safe
Old 4th June 2005, 10:41   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Highwayblaze, Congrats man! Good choice with taking a bike over a second hand Honda / Toyota which is what most desis do in the States. I wanted to do the same, but that boston weather wouldnt let me.

Nice bike, Nice truck. Do ride safe.

GTO
Old 4th June 2005, 10:42   #7
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Blaze! And damn this brings back memories!

I bought a Katana 600 for $2,000 in my college days in Nashville. It was a '95 model in pristine condition and 6,000 miles on the clock, single seat, yoshi 4 into 1, stage 1 jet kit and Dunlops D207's. Katana's are pretty much the least expensive sport bike you can buy, but good enough to have fun with. Sadly I had to part with it after putting on more than 20,000 miles. But, I managed to sell it for $2,500! The first time I ever made money on a vehicle!

86 hp is a bit too optimistic though. I had mine dynoed and it showed only 71bhp at the rear wheel, which is about 6bhp up from stock. I see you have some decent 60 profile rubber as well and not the OE touring stuff. That's good!

The Katana is pretty much a bulletproof bike, so you don't have to worry about anything going wrong. The oil/air cooled engine is a bit noisy and the cam chain can make a racket, but that's normal. Make sure you lube your clutch cable regularly as it has a tendency to get sticky.

Let me know if you need any info as I know this bike pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
I heard the rear sprocket wears up at 3 k miles. a decent katana with 5k on odo willl come for 3 -4 k $ i guess. which year is this bikw I cant say exactly from these pics it looks like 2003 .
Nope, the rear sprocket will not wear if looked after properly. This bike would be a mid '90's model, as from '98 onwards, the bodywork changed (got uglier!). Prices would range from about 1,800$-2,500$ depending on where and what time of the year you buy it.
Old 4th June 2005, 11:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

hey nice bike and pics.....but honestly i would love to get one of those pickups down...they are awesome!!!
Old 4th June 2005, 11:53   #9
BHPian

One of my friend offered me a 6 k miles on odo 2002 katana stock for 3400$ back in 2004. it was yellow and it looked sick. I liked the 1000 cc honda with those led tail light. it looked awsome. the guys used to wheel from one signal to another in florida like 1 mile stretch--crazy and used to stop on front wheel.. I miss those days..didnt see a busa, kawasaki or yamaha bikes much at that place.
i always wanted to get a license but couldnt.
Old 4th June 2005, 12:00   #10
BHPian

I honestly turned GREEN thinking highwayblaze owned the silverado when i saw the pics before reading the post that accompanied it..........
The Yank pick-up trucks are wild.......they get bigger and nastier......yeah, iceman id love to have one of those trucks here too.............dont need to bother bout clearance and still have all the power in the world!!!!!
Old 4th June 2005, 12:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice bike,dude. Take care of her and she'll take good care of u.

Manson, do i see u drooling??
Old 5th June 2005, 18:02   #12
Team-BHP Support

nice bike there blaze . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Manson, do i see u drooling??
yeah man , can't wait to get my hands on one of these . . .
let s hope . . . . . .

manson .
Old 5th June 2005, 18:21   #13
bhp
BHPian

congratulaions on ur purchase dude .. ride safe
2000 $ for this bike i think is value for money .

Last edited by bhp : 5th June 2005 at 18:22.
Old 7th June 2005, 01:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler
what made you decide on this particular bike???
The katana is a great Street/sport available at low price, so I chose that. This one's really old but really really well kept its a 1993 and not a 2003 anyway so thats why I chose this, couldnt afford a GSX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
I love it but 300 bhp ?? seems less for that. how much is the torque ?? can you spin the wheels easily?
yes vulken you land up spinning the wheels even if you dont want them to spin. I landed up spinning them on a traffic light right in front of a cop on my way out of town. Its a monster loads of power, torque figure?? dunno exactly but monstrous for sure can tow a whole jungle of trees from one end to the other.

The bike cost me around 2600$ without insurance, i spent 500$ for the truck rental + fuel. It guzzled 120 gallons of fuel on the whole trip can you guys imagine that. I burnt holes in my pockets fueling that truck, but it was definitely worth it. its just great.
and about the pricing "rtech" you're right but I bought it right in the middle of summer and so i got it a little expensive. But like i said the bike is actually 2100$ and rest is travel expenditure and a speeding ticket that I got (another 95$) + that added to my insurance by 100$ (I wish I could add that crying out loud emoticon right now but I've already used up one)

Lots more to say but right now my boss is around and he'll kick my ass so other details later. I also have a few questions about my idle rpm adjustment problem. But all this later.
Chill pill
Old 7th June 2005, 01:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

hey blaze
great bike man.take care of it !!
and waiting for those videos and yeah thta pickup is great would love to have one here.those pesky cabbies wouldnt come close to you when your in something like that !!

Rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks