Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 14:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good travelogue! And what a bike. Congrats Pranay!!
Old 17th July 2009, 16:10   #17
BHPian

Great Report Pranay. And such endurance. Maybe that is the fun of biking. It is sad that when you got the best road(Mysore-Blr) you were too tired for a blast. But the road is at your diposal. Early morning/late night ride to Mysore and Back can be the sole reason to own a superbike. Enjoy.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:21   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Pranay on both; the write-up and the fantastic ride.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:22   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely bike. What I really loved about your write-up was the fact that you seemed to know oyur limits very well and were not obsessed with speed and acceleration.

It's a pleasant change to see someone with a lot of uncommon common sense!

Secondly, wouldnt it have been eaiser to do the trip on your own? Just a thought... I pretty much hate having pillions while I read my Pulsar. With a superbike, I can just imagine how uncomfortable the pillion migt have been. Poor ironbutt!
Old 18th July 2009, 11:37   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Splendid ride report, and a spectacular title to match that.
So Pranay, how is the entire emotion of finding that first bike settling down?
I am glad that you have found what you had initially sought, and the bike 954 looks great in yellow with the coded gear.
Its good that you did not go nuts on your first ride, you already seem to have a fair idea what a wild child of a bike the 954 is and your log suggests how mature your entire approach has been.
Ride safe mate, keep the shining side up. Have fun.

manson.

p.s. For the uninitiated, this is the fourth 954 on the forum, and the first yellow one.
Thanks, manson. I have to emphasize that without your guidance, this would have been impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
A brilliant ride and a well compiled report.

Would be great if you posted some clearer pics though
Thanks, gpa. Apologies for the picture quality A good photography session is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Hey Pranay,

lovely ride report. If you wanna group to ride with, gimme or rajeeve (netchef) a shout.

Vijay
Thanks prabhu, a ride is definitely on the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Pranay, this may be a little overdone a bit too soon. But knowing your budget, how about a gold-chrome windcsreen, yellow wheel stripes and a tail tidy kit. These would really show-off the character of the 954.
For the forkseals and other consumables, eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace is your best friend.

manson.
Thanks there again. Those fittings sounds good. Slowly but surely..! I was wondering if the forkseals are available here. I guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Good travelogue! And what a bike. Congrats Pranay!!
Thanks, prince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemanatt View Post
Great Report Pranay. And such endurance. Maybe that is the fun of biking. It is sad that when you got the best road(Mysore-Blr) you were too tired for a blast. But the road is at your diposal. Early morning/late night ride to Mysore and Back can be the sole reason to own a superbike. Enjoy.
Thanks, princemanatt. I agree those roads are maybe the best place to ride sportsbikes, but I would be not be pushing the bike, I would rather grow into the comfort of riding at high speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Congratulations Pranay on both; the write-up and the fantastic ride.
Thanks, ardy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Lovely bike. What I really loved about your write-up was the fact that you seemed to know oyur limits very well and were not obsessed with speed and acceleration.

It's a pleasant change to see someone with a lot of uncommon common sense!

Secondly, wouldnt it have been eaiser to do the trip on your own? Just a thought... I pretty much hate having pillions while I read my Pulsar. With a superbike, I can just imagine how uncomfortable the pillion migt have been. Poor ironbutt!
THanks, Nikhil. Yes, it would have been a lot easier without pillion, but the pillion insisted on being pillion. Besides, he has been with me through the entire process of me getting acquainted with superbikes, so I guess he really couldn't miss out on the fun part!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks