Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 11:41   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
In this country, it doesn't have to be the "fastest". I'd like to see either of those bikes keep up with me on a 600 to Lonavla.

Besides, its not about being the fastest these days since the bikes are restricted. Its about being the quickest and the Busa is the quickest now. I'm talking about stock trim. You can do endless after-market modifications to both bikes.
14R to keep up with a 600cc? That didnt sound right coming from you. You say when, would love to take you on for this

In any country, being fastest is a trophy. So see the reviews of 14R vs Busa 09. 14R is quicker to take off & better cornering. Busa is not as badly restricted as the stock 14R, so it takes over in a straight line past 260kmph. Thats is when both are stock.

Now read the reviews of when both are fully opened up with the works. Busa had no chance to catch it. Thats the fact mate. Not because I own the 14R, but just check the reviews first before concluding
Old 30th July 2009, 12:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

[quote=insaneroller;1408412]In any country, being fastest is a trophy.

Well said! It sounds very irritating when people say speed isn't everything. It's as though they are trying to mask its shortcomings. I am not a speed freak but would love to know that my bike is fastest. Even if I am not able to exploit 50% of a Busa's or 14R's potential, I would go for them. The title should have read like Busa or 14R, because CBR1000 and R1 are smaller in cc and a lot smaller in size. In my opinion, you should look for Busa or 14R. They are both HUUUUUUUUUUGE. They guarantee maximum attention on road which is a bonus.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Get the Zx-10R screw everything else . end of the story .
if you are not 6 foot+ you wont be able to sit on a busa properly . and plus for indian roads busa is the most impractical because of its size and weight . try riding the R1 for more than half an hour continuously in a little bit of traffic and then see what all joints in your body start paining .

if you want a legal bike fo for the CBR . R1 is too common these days
Old 30th July 2009, 13:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

He is planning to buy an Official Bike, how can he get a ZX10R?

As for R1 it isnt really free of niggles.

My suggestion would be to pick either the blade or the busa. the later is very comfortable to ride.

Btw I believe the 12.5L is ex-showroom on road prices would be higher, somebody correct me if I am wrong.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:25   #20
BHPian

the busa costs 12.5 and the r1 and mt-01 at 11 change and so is the cbr... cant say which is the best , go for your favourite. Also I have heard of a scheme where NRIs can bring down there own vehicle when they come back to india for no duty costs at all. If the scheme is still applicable you can buy a litre bike there for almost half the price sold over here.. Warranty might be an issue though..
Old 30th July 2009, 16:11   #21
BHPian

Busa is a mean machine, but in looks department R1 scores. But in some of the reviews i read the cbr is better than R1, i m not so sure.
Nonetheless, The R1 and Cbr go for 12.5 L and Busa for 13.65 L. Thats the on road price.
Old 30th July 2009, 16:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

What do you ride now?

Cant you bring one from US?
Old 30th July 2009, 18:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Btw I believe the 12.5L is ex-showroom on road prices would be higher, somebody correct me if I am wrong.
R1 - 10.5 ex showroom .
busa - 12.5 ex showroom
blade - around 11 i guess .
Old 30th July 2009, 19:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
14R to keep up with a 600cc? That didnt sound right coming from you. You say when, would love to take you on for this
Actually, you don't have to take my word for this. Just ask Stuart and he'll tell you the same thing.

The 600 obviously cant keep up with the 14 in a straight line but the road to Lonavla isn't a straight one. I'll surely take you on if I can get my hands on a 600 after the rains.

Motorcycling is about cornering. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. There's 0 skill in that. I've seen videos of women maxing out Busa's in a straight line.
Old 30th July 2009, 20:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
What do you ride now?

Cant you bring one from US?
I do not have a bike here in US .I rode last year with some of my friends on a Harley in smokies but that was rented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
the busa costs 12.5 and the r1 and mt-01 at 11 change and so is the cbr... cant say which is the best , go for your favourite. Also I have heard of a scheme where NRIs can bring down there own vehicle when they come back to india for no duty costs at all. If the scheme is still applicable you can buy a litre bike there for almost half the price sold over here.. Warranty might be an issue though..
My contract ended abruptly .To bring a Bike I think it should atleast 6 months old and new when bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
He is planning to buy an Official Bike, how can he get a ZX10R?

As for R1 it isnt really free of niggles.

My suggestion would be to pick either the blade or the busa. the later is very comfortable to ride.

Yes I am going for a legal bike. I am not sure of Busa anymore as its more of a touring bike.I will pick up either R1 09 (if possible) or CBR 1k RR

Is there any info on if Yamaha has R1 09?

Last edited by maxj2005 : 30th July 2009 at 20:45.
Old 30th July 2009, 21:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
+1 to what Prasadee mentioned. Said like a true biker,indeed!
You have quite a few options, but the most important thing is to get a chance and hop on these bikes to see which one suits your riding style.Without that,you'd be shooting in the dark trying to pick a good bike.
Rightly said Nitin I was thinking to get a test ride here at my local dealer .The problem is I do not have a Motorcycle driving licence and as you know here in NC the laws are tough. The exam for motor licence is tougher than the normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
August's Cycle World has a litre class shootout, check it out. You are doling out 12.5 lakhs so assuming its new. Dealers dont usually allow test rides, but people selling used bikes always do. Try out a few used bikes on sale, you will get an idea of what it would be after a year or so. You can use your head and heart, there is no one size fits all. While you are at it, why leave out the Kwakker ZX14, and the BMW GS800 (not a good option for India, with the parts situation). For $10 to $15K there are lots of popular bikes, dont be misled by the specs/reviews on the net. For your height, weight, and riding style there may be something that is just built for you (that others may not recommend)
I would prefer to go for a legal bike dont want to have any hassles later.My weight height ratio sadly doesnt fit Busa so would prefer going for R1 or CBR for now unles KTM launches something before october.
Old 30th July 2009, 23:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxj2005 View Post
Rightly said Nitin I was thinking to get a test ride here at my local dealer .The problem is I do not have a Motorcycle driving licence and as you know here in NC the laws are tough. The exam for motor licence is tougher than the normal.

I would prefer to go for a legal bike dont want to have any hassles later.My weight height ratio sadly doesnt fit Busa so would prefer going for R1 or CBR for now unles KTM launches something before october.
How did you rent a the Harley, if you didn't have a license?
NC does have very strict rules, thanks to the wonderful twisties out there.That being said, if you are a good driver, chances are you'll make a good rider.

For starters, try this. Go to a bike dealership (ideally a used bike one), so they have a variety of bikes there. Tell the person you want to see what would suit your frame. Sit on the bikes (some people don't allow visitors to do that, unfortunately). Get a feel of how the heavier bikes feel. Also check some choppers, so you understand how your body takes the 'lean forward', or 'sit back' posture. Once you get an idea, you'll be able to narrow it down.

If you haven't been on bikes often, might make sense to get hold of a 500-650cc used bike in India, and then after a year try to move up to a brand new 1000cc+ bike.
If I were you, I'd do that.
Old 31st July 2009, 01:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

1000RR has been the winner of the masterbike shootout two years in a row beating even the all new cross plane R1.

Trick item on the Honda is their Electronic variable steering damper. HESD?
Old 31st July 2009, 02:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
How did you rent a the Harley, if you didn't have a license?
NC does have very strict rules, thanks to the wonderful twisties out there.That being said, if you are a good driver, chances are you'll make a good rider.

For starters, try this. Go to a bike dealership (ideally a used bike one), so they have a variety of bikes there. Tell the person you want to see what would suit your frame. Sit on the bikes (some people don't allow visitors to do that, unfortunately). Get a feel of how the heavier bikes feel. Also check some choppers, so you understand how your body takes the 'lean forward', or 'sit back' posture. Once you get an idea, you'll be able to narrow it down.

If you haven't been on bikes often, might make sense to get hold of a 500-650cc used bike in India, and then after a year try to move up to a brand new 1000cc+ bike.
If I were you, I'd do that.

I didnt rent it my friends did .I rode as pillion but did drrive for a few miles.

To your point I have had some experience riding R1s and Ninjas in India last year.It was'nt a long drive but I felt comfortable riding either of them.

Getting a used 5-6 hundred Sbk I am a little reluctant .But I will certainly count as a factor in my decision.How much/model should I expect for a used 5-6 hundred Sbk?
Old 31st July 2009, 03:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
1000RR has been the winner of the masterbike shootout two years in a row beating even the all new cross plane R1.

Trick item on the Honda is their Electronic variable steering damper. HESD?
Yes! Its the HESD 2

Its been observed on t-bhp before that buying bikes from these official people has no real advantage of importing yourself. Many problems were faced by friends regarding their bikes and the official outlets made them wait half a year at least. And the bikes are overpriced. I suggest you pick up a brand new bike there let it stay in the shipping crate, ship it down and head to the DRI office and calculate the exact duties on it and get it cleared with help of a agent. It will still cost less then what these "official" people are asking and what the darn use if even these bikes can be picked up and realesed with "apology" letters. I see no use in buying official as for now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks