Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 07:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
personally i found the ZX-10r the most fun to ride in terms of rider involvement and also it has more useable power on the street , havnt ridden the CBR yet so cannot compare .
[/quote]

Excuse me did you just say the most powerful litrebike ever made (almost 200hp) and kawasaki's mad throttle map. Its the most easiest to put power down on the road? I am quite sure you haven't ridden one. I have ridden the 05 extensively and the 08 briefly. These are the worst machines for a noob to jump on.

If the question is only about the bikes officially available in India, I would suggest you wait for the 09 R1, the Fireblade wont have much takers during resale. Although its the best handler (ridden and underestimated one 08 version) All the litrebikes and so are insane and too much but that doesnt mean you cant have them. Its actually the rider on who it depends but you are more likely to get into trouble on the race replicas then the naked tourers.
Old 3rd August 2009, 08:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

manson: yup i agree with you on that. It just cannot be the first bike a person wants to own if no prior riding experience.Even with some riding experience jumping straight to an open class bike is a recipe for disaster.I ve been riding bikes for 14 years now and initially even i was taken aback with the sudden surge in power.

yc :it largely depends upon what a person wants.i know people who dont care about top line speed but want the bike to have razor sharp handling and vis a versa.I never bought the busa. a generous friend lent it to me. But i am in absolute love with the bike. have ridden litre class bikes but the surge in power in just too intoxicating in the busa.Cant really be used as a daily commuter bike because of the propositions and weight.i ve heard the new r1 is really really good.
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Guys lets just stick to the 3 bikes that the poster has asked suggestions on. Thanks
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

If you're physically as fit as your friend in dehradun then you should be going for the R1 or the 1000RR but if you're not then the busa's for you.

I say this bacause i've ridden the R1 and its supremely uncomfortable for long runs.atleast for me.My 12 is a way better on the comfort part.

Also the primary reason because why your friend has bought the R1 and not any other bike is because of the fun he has on it.I mean the stunts.He's a pro at it and thats why he loves it.if you want to do the same then its ok otherwise i'd suggest the Busa.its got tremendous power and a very very usable torque and you'll be cruising around at 150+ speeds with ease.
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
If you're physically as fit as your friend in dehradun then you should be going for the R1 or the 1000RR but if you're not then the busa's for you.

I say this bacause i've ridden the R1 and its supremely uncomfortable for long runs.atleast for me.My 12 is a way better on the comfort part.

Also the primary reason because why your friend has bought the R1 and not any other bike is because of the fun he has on it.I mean the stunts.He's a pro at it and thats why he loves it.if you want to do the same then its ok otherwise i'd suggest the Busa.its got tremendous power and a very very usable torque and you'll be cruising around at 150+ speeds with ease.
R1 being less comfortable is one drawback other than that I dont see any reson not to go for it.

Ohh yeah his stunts .Way back in 2000 when he had a shogun people used to start clapping seeing his 2 km long wheelies.
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:12   #51
BHPian

Max graduate on to litres after you get a feel on 600s. For sure litre bikes shouldnt be your first.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for.

Last edited by Stratos : 4th August 2009 at 00:28.
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

@ quickdraw , i think you misunderstood "useable power" anyways lets just stick to the three bikes .

I would place my bet on the blade . though getting a 600 would be more logical BUT they are not available legally .
Old 4th August 2009, 06:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
@ quickdraw , i think you misunderstood "useable power" anyways lets just stick to the three bikes .
Please do explain then I would love to know what you were talking about.

The R1 is no more comfortable then the 1000RR and vice versa on long trips. These are litre race replicas you cant suggest one is better then the other. I have toured extensively on the R1 and dont feel its any better then any other litre bike. Its just a personal preference.
Old 4th August 2009, 08:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Also if you're planning small trips like just a sunday ride to mussoorie or rishikesh and the like then buy the R1.for a couple of hours its a very good bike.hope you have had no past back troubles.

So by the way are we getting a 09 R1 in india or is it still the old 08 stock that is being sold?

Also regarding buying a big bike first time.Its all about keeping a cool brain and a controlled right hand.thats all you need.So when are you coming back and when are we getting a new member in our small group?

Last edited by navpreet318 : 4th August 2009 at 08:37.
Old 4th August 2009, 17:36   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

Trophy (?), Lol. Having one of the fastest production motorcycles in the world is one thing, and riding it to its ideal (and not extreme) potential another.
To me it only certifies that the owner has bucket loads of moolah to afford a trick machine, little taste, and just about nothing else.
Oh really

After knowing & riding with me. Thats strange???

Quote:

Takes it where, for a stroll?
For a HIKE

Quote:

Those must have been single pots with 600 cc graphics and probably a NOS decal. Or to be fair, probably some noobs on their first bunch of Sunday rides.
Why dont you come along for this, being such an experienced rider & me just starting off
Old 4th August 2009, 19:07   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Also if you're planning small trips like just a sunday ride to mussoorie or rishikesh and the like then buy the R1.for a couple of hours its a very good bike.hope you have had no past back troubles.

So by the way are we getting a 09 R1 in india or is it still the old 08 stock that is being sold?

Also regarding buying a big bike first time.Its all about keeping a cool brain and a controlled right hand.thats all you need.So when are you coming back and when are we getting a new member in our small group?
Yes I will join the gang and will try to catch up all the missed fun.2 - 4 hours of riding should be good without any major issues.

I will be back by the end of October.I wish by then Yamaha sells out all its 08 stock so that I can get my hands on the 09 R1.Colour - Blue (we already have black) .

I will also get some new riding gear for Nazi. Let me know if you need anything.
Old 5th August 2009, 21:09   #57
BHPian

Can't believe there's another debate of x bike faster than y bike

Anyway, to the OP, here's my few cents:

Considering what we have on the market NOW, the Blade is your best bet, with the only disadvantages being the higher price than the competition (read: The R1), and the painfully slow rolling out that Honda India is following.

I will list my frank opinion on the three bikes in the POV that you have been able to convey.

Honda CBR1000RR:

Pros: Butter smooth engine, almost toy bike like handling (has to be ridden to be believed), and couple of trick features like what has already been mentioned in previous posts in this thread.

Cons: Higher price (comparing current litre class alternatives), looks (subjective of course), and sketchy service support.

Hayabusa: Pros: Engine, feels like it has endless power and torque, awesome tourer, legendary status, can use commonly available premium fuel (91 octane) without any worries about knocking etc.

Cons: Higher price, atrocious heat, no positive feedback on service support, eats up rear tyres faster than any other machine around. Found the clip ons painful.

07-08 R1: Pros: Killer looks, Yamaha is a first mover in this segment, so has some more market experience and numbers. Cheaper spares than others. Service network wider than the any other company.

Cons: Weak engine, doesn't have the punch that the Honda does in the mid range. Service support is an absolute nightmare if anything out of the ordinary crops up, very very slow and frustrating.

There may be a few that I've left out, but this is my honest review of the three bikes around.

All said and done, I would suggest you to consider the MT-01 which is a shockingly usable bike under our conditions, for a lot less. It has the max VFM among any other bike in the market, 1000cc and above. I have an R1, and am taking care of a buddy's MT, and I kick myself for the buying the R1 every time I ride the MT-01.

Also, I would suggest you to wait for the KTMs, they're coming real soon, and also the 09 R1 if you're the wait and watch kind.

PS: About the R1 being a bad long distance machine, I'd like to disagree. I've done 600+ kms riding days without so much as a niggle in the back or the wrist. So, this aspect is very subjective as well. I'd go with quickdraw, when he says that any of these machines are as good a tourer as the others. It's the rider and his riding style / position that makes the difference.
Old 5th August 2009, 23:14   #58
Senior - BHPian

I really would like to painfully point out about the toy like handling of the new fireblade. Its unimaginable like rossiter pointed out, its like you're flicking a damn honda unicorn around. I think I mentioned it earlier that I underestimated it before riding it and got a nice slap on the face. I feel that its nimbler then the 600RR. But definitely priced on the higher side and will depreciate much faster. I think the CB1000 should be seriously considered as well. It beats everything on the price & usability point hands down, and looks sick.
Old 6th August 2009, 10:06   #59
BHPian

Just a lill' query

Buddy, Why should someone consider a sick looking bike?

After all, Bike is supposed to be ridden and attract people to it. Sick things don't do that, do they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I think the CB1000 should be seriously considered as well. It beats everything on the price & usability point hands down, and looks sick.
Old 6th August 2009, 10:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Buddy, Why should someone consider a sick looking bike?

After all, Bike is supposed to be ridden and attract people to it. Sick things don't do that, do they?
The American "sick" and the Indian "sick" are the opposites .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks