Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 11:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
The American "sick" and the Indian "sick" are the opposites .
Not exactly american per say. Its actually slang.

Sick = cool/awesome/nice whatever.

Sometimes I feel sad that I live in a democracy
Old 6th August 2009, 11:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post

huh whats democracy got to do with your choice of slangs? or is it that you dont want the option to select the slang of your choice but being a democracy you are forced to choose?
Old 6th August 2009, 11:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its the Americans that use it. You won't hear it in the UK.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

Sammyboy that was deep man, but my account can just take that many infractions. Where is the original poster anyways?
Old 6th August 2009, 14:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Well mayank i'll see if i need anything.will let you know.by the way if you're getting riding gear then only get the mesh ones.we simply cannot use the leather stuff.its too humid here.even in the winters leather is not wearable.

do get good helmets though.and not the front opening ones.they're useless.and buy branded ones like shoei and all.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:53   #66
BHPian

the 1198 now costs Rs.19,82,279/-
Think about it. Its the Ferrari of motorcycles.
Old 6th August 2009, 20:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
If I remember correctly Ducati is sold in India officially by Precision Motors right? Thats you aka Porsche Mumbai? I am sure many of the "super" bikers here would love to check out some Ducatis at your place and see if they can somehow pick up a Streetfighter or a Hypermotard.
Old 6th August 2009, 22:44   #68
BHPian

Quote:
If I remember correctly Ducati is sold in India officially by Precision Motors right? Thats you aka Porsche Mumbai? I am sure many of the "super" bikers here would love to check out some Ducatis at your place and see if they can somehow pick up a Streetfighter or a Hypermotard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
I wish i could but the price is way too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Well mayank i'll see if i need anything.will let you know.by the way if you're getting riding gear then only get the mesh ones.we simply cannot use the leather stuff.its too humid here.even in the winters leather is not wearable.

do get good helmets though.and not the front opening ones.they're useless.and buy branded ones like shoei and all.
I will be getting probably this one.

Icon Mainframe Subhuman Helmet - Street Bike - Men's Riding Gear - Closeout - Motorcycle Superstore

Quote:
Sammyboy that was deep man, but my account can just take that many infractions. Where is the original poster anyways?
I am here just observing suggestions for now.
Old 6th August 2009, 22:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Anyway, when do you think you'll be headed back to India for good? If its not anytime soon, then you'll probably be buying yourself more time to scan through options.
Old 6th August 2009, 22:52   #70
BHPian

I really like this helmet in green. Only if on safety ratings, this is at par with rest of the gang then I would like to buy this too. Reason, I need one urgently. Riding season in India is just a month away.

@ QuickDraw and the gang, that sick thing was just for fun. Don't get sentimental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxj2005 View Post
Old 6th August 2009, 23:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Well the ducatis are priced pretty reasonably compared to the other legal imports i must say now.Though sometime back i read somewhere that the 1098 was being sold for 49 lakhs and one was bought by puma india to showcase at one of their stores.Don't know how true that was.

Well mayank great choice of helmet.
also lets hope that by the time you land here,kawasakis are also launched.though highly unlikely but still those bikes are really very powerful bikes.and to have 2 kawis in our group would be awesome.
Old 7th August 2009, 00:02   #72
Senior - BHPian

O boy, everything has been said and done except for Max to ride the bike

My vote goes to Blade or the normal CBR1k > MT01 and R1 (new engines still has to prove itself as well).

I have never sampled what Busa can do. So no comments on the Suzuki. Also, I heard it has already been discontinued. This means you can buy a modern legend.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well the ducatis are priced pretty reasonably compared to the other legal imports i must say now.Though sometime back i read somewhere that the 1098 was being sold for 49 lakhs and one was bought by puma india to showcase at one of their stores.Don't know how true that was.
i suppose you are talking about the Desmosedci RR . it costs 50 lacs .
Old 7th August 2009, 13:31   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well the ducatis are priced pretty reasonably compared to the other legal imports i must say now.
Most definitely, and the exclusivity and the panache of riding around on one of those exotice is worth that extra 20% premium compared to what everyone else around the world has to usually pay.
Just wondering how much more expensive would the OEMs and the servicing costs would be over the Japanese imports.

Quote:
Though sometime back i read somewhere that the 1098 was being sold for 49 lakhs and one was bought by puma india to showcase at one of their stores.Don't know how true that was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
i suppose you are talking about the Desmosedci RR . it costs 50 lacs .
Was that the 1098R, or is that the same bike Desmosedci RR. Just almost clueless about these Italians.

manson.
Old 7th August 2009, 13:53   #75
Senior - BHPian

Well i have no idea which one it was but i read it in an advertisment in a rag.the smallest supermoto ducati was priced at 16 lakhs in that advert. and it stated that these are the official imports.

forget it.I'm happy that the dukes are now priced very well.but on a practical point of view they serve nothing more than the status symbol on indian roads.But then thats what we indians love don't we?hehe

So mayank given that the duke's are priced on the higher side.even then paying 13.5 or something lakhs for the R1 and just 6 lakhs more for the duke seems an awesome deal.If i were you i'd just stay put for 6 more months,add the money and just buy the duke.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks