Team-BHP - Choosing Between 3 Bikes in USA - R1, Busa & ZX 14
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Choosing Between 3 Bikes in USA - R1, Busa & ZX 14 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/62978-choosing-between-3-bikes-usa-r1-busa-zx-14-a.html)

So my last thread was a practical joke, some people understood it was completely a joke. Others well kinda didn't and turned into angry bikers/bike enthusiasts. lol: (my apologies for any inconveniences to the moderators due to my last thread). And some people thought I have no bike knowledge whatsoever, but in my personal opinion that's really absurd and the total opposite of what my true bike knowledge truly is. So basically it was mostly a joke, except for the part where I'm trying to decide between 3 bikes to buy here in the U.S. I can't really decide, so I would really appreciate if I could get some good pros/cons of each bike. So basically it's between the Yamaha R1, the Suzuki Hayabusa, or the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14.

What bikes have you owned in the past? How long have you been riding? These answers will determine whether you are ready for any of the 3 bikes you desire.

which is last thread you are referrring to ?

You should refer to this thread for choosing between the 3 bikes --> Yamaha R1 Vs Honda CBR 1000 RR VS Hayabusa- Need suggestions

@jithudigitised : He's talking about this thread --> Should I Import a Yamaha R15 to the US?

EDIT:

Have you ever tried your hands on a SBK?

My Thoughts:

Yamaha R1: A real head turner, sexy looking bike but has 1000cc engine!
Suzuki Hayabusa: It's quite a big machine but has 1300cc engine which is a R1 beater!
Kawasaki Ninja ZX14: Again quite a big machine and has 1400cc engine which is a Hayabusa beater!

So, if you are looking for power - ZX14 will be the best beast among the 3!

GSX 1300 R Suzuki Hayabusa would be my suggestion. For the 1300

Please tell us more about your riding experience; your personality (both with temperment & body structure- whether athletic or not, etc ).
These are a few things most people need to know, before they start giving you suggestions. Once these things are known, it'll make more sense in giving you a direction of what to head towards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxaarraa (Post 1416424)
What bikes have you owned in the past? How long have you been riding? These answers will determine whether you are ready for any of the 3 bikes you desire.

Well I haven't owned any bikes in the past but I've been driving my friend's CBR1000RR for about a year and a half as he let me borrow it because he's out of the country studying. And I've known how to ride for about 3 years now. The only reason I didn't purchase a bike till now is because I only wanted a superbike nothing short of one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?ushk@r (Post 1416464)
You should refer to this thread for choosing between the 3 bikes --> Yamaha R1 Vs Honda CBR 1000 RR VS Hayabusa- Need suggestions

@jithudigitised : He's talking about this thread --> Should I Import a Yamaha R15 to the US?

EDIT:

Have you ever tried your hands on a SBK?

My Thoughts:

Yamaha R1: A real head turner, sexy looking bike but has 1000cc engine!
Suzuki Hayabusa: It's quite a big machine but has 1300cc engine which is a R1 beater!
Kawasaki Ninja ZX14: Again quite a big machine and has 1400cc engine which is a Hayabusa beater!

So, if you are looking for power - ZX14 will be the best beast among the 3!

I've had my hands on a friend's CBR1000RR for a while now. I liked the bike but I wanted something sexier in looks and a bit faster and more power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1416529)
Please tell us more about your riding experience; your personality (both with temperment & body structure- whether athletic or not, etc ).
These are a few things most people need to know, before they start giving you suggestions. Once these things are known, it'll make more sense in giving you a direction of what to head towards.

Well I've been riding for about a good 3 years now, but for the past year and a half I've been riding my friend's CBR1000RR. My personality could probably be described as "Fast & Furious" I try to go as fast as possible on the highways, only if the weather permits though, and only if there are no cops in sight. And as for body structure, I'm athletic but just not built like a Arnold Schwarzeneggerlol:. Basically more slim than built.

Quote:

So my last thread was a practical joke, some people understood it was completely a joke. Others well kinda didn't and turned into angry bikers/bike enthusiasts. lol: (my apologies for any inconveniences to the moderators due to my last thread). And some people thought I have no bike knowledge whatsoever, but in my personal opinion that's really absurd and the total opposite of what my true bike knowledge truly is.
Well with a thread & post like that nobody would have known what, if at all any, knowledge you had about bikes.

Quote:

So basically it's between the Yamaha R1, the Suzuki Hayabusa, or the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14.
It really depends on what you expect from the bike as all three are quite different from each other with the Busa & 14 being somewhat similar.

Where do you get to ride fast & furious with all those speed limits?

Almost any 800+cc bike will let you go fast on highways. An SBK is not simply about going fast. There are other aspects like handling, cornering, rider position, features, performance, cooling options, chassis differences etc. I suggest you find the nearest Track to your residence and get over there. You can take your friends RR with you. For a few hundred dollars, you'll be able to find an instructor who will take you around the track to explain the braking, leaning and accelerating points on each corner, racing line you need to maintain and speeds you can achieve. Spend a day every week doing this for a few months and you will realize your comfort levels. Once you are aware of these, you can scour the forums and talk to guys who know their SBK's (plenty on this forum itself) to narrow down your options. And before I forget, get some riding gear and a good helmet to keep you safe. Road rash isn't pretty and hurts like hell.

The R1 is an excellent bike, though Ducati's stable is packed with really quick bikes at the moment. Spend a moment looking up the Yamaha MT-01 too (there's one in my family, and I love it). Explore manufacturers other than Honda, and you will understand how different two bikes of the same cubic capacity can sound/feel/perform. An SBK is not simply a vehicle, its a way of life. Take your time and do your research. Thanks for listening.

Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpaji (Post 1417645)
Well I haven't owned any bikes in the past but I've been driving my friend's CBR1000RR for about a year and a half as he let me borrow it because he's out of the country studying. And I've known how to ride for about 3 years now. The only reason I didn't purchase a bike till now is because I only wanted a superbike nothing short of one.

Riding a motorcycle is not about bravado, especially in the US where motorcycle-related deaths are one of the highest around the world. "only wanted a superbike nothing short of one" is very vague and not very convincing.

You need to define for yourself why you want to ride. And it has to be more than posing. If you have never owned a bike and only been riding for 3 years, my humble opinion is that you are not ready for a big, bad muscle bike.

Then again, its a free world, do what you must. Stay safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpaji (Post 1417645)
I've had my hands on a friend's CBR1000RR for a while now. I liked the bike but I wanted something sexier in looks and a bit faster and more power.

Well I've been riding for about a good 3 years now, but for the past year and a half I've been riding my friend's CBR1000RR. My personality could probably be described as "Fast & Furious" I try to go as fast as possible on the highways, only if the weather permits though, and only if there are no cops in sight. And as for body structure, I'm athletic but just not built like a Arnold Schwarzeneggerlol:. Basically more slim than built.

Ok, so you have been riding a bit, which is a good thing when considering anything above 750cc. You like to go fast,so you'll definitely want to have something thats built solid and feels heavy.

Are you looking at something brand new, or used? Used bikes are available in plenty, so there should be no issues finding a good bike.
Also,what's your budget like? Have you tried to find out what the insurance rates would be for a SBK, and a rider of your nature? Just a few things to mark off the tables when you are narrowing the choices down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 1417759)
Well with a thread & post like that nobody would have known what, if at all any, knowledge you had about bikes.

It really depends on what you expect from the bike as all three are quite different from each other with the Busa & 14 being somewhat similar.

Where do you get to ride fast & furious with all those speed limits?

Well there are highways near my home with long straights and usually free flowing traffic. The highways I go fast on have atleast a speed limit of 60-65mph. Max I've gone on a long straight has been 122mph

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1418218)
Ok, so you have been riding a bit, which is a good thing when considering anything above 750cc. You like to go fast,so you'll definitely want to have something thats built solid and feels heavy.

Are you looking at something brand new, or used? Used bikes are available in plenty, so there should be no issues finding a good bike.
Also,what's your budget like? Have you tried to find out what the insurance rates would be for a SBK, and a rider of your nature? Just a few things to mark off the tables when you are narrowing the choices down.

I'm looking at new, but I will consider used if it is in pristine/immaculate condition and if it has performance upgrades. I've actually asked for a quote from Progressive. I should get the quote soon.

Your insurance rates will definitely be lower on a used bike,but again, if its anything towards an '07-'09 you'd be pretty close to paying the same rates on a new bike.

Also, do shop around for insurance rates. I found a big difference b/w GEICO/State Farm & SAFCO. Ended up getting a liability policy with SAFECO for my SV650.

Check the local craigslists, and I'mm 100% sure you'll find some really good bikes for less. For example, this guy in Houston was selling his '08 ZZR for about $8k, if my memory serves me right.