Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Indian Chief Fans and Norton Fans Rejoice !! They Are Back With A Bang.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/64646-indian-chief-fans-norton-fans-rejoice-they-back-bang.html)

blurust 2nd September 2009 10:38

Indian Chief Fans and Norton Fans Rejoice !! They Are Back With A Bang..

Hey guys,

I was geting rumours of Norton and Indian coming back to doing what they did best, Making Motorcycles that the world loved.

So they are Back !! And trust me they are Bad !!

Check it out.

Motorcycles

Norton Motorcycles (UK) Ltd: The Norton Bikes

P.S mods please delete the topic if it has been discussed before !

Thanks

happy riding.

arjunkr 2nd September 2009 12:27

hi blurust , have you come across this news anywhere regarding the same in websites or else its a word of mouth..?

zaks 2nd September 2009 13:42

This is pure gossip IIRC

Sankar 2nd September 2009 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjunkr (Post 1462373)
hi blurust , have you come across this news anywhere regarding the same in websites or else its a word of mouth..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaks (Post 1462504)
This is pure gossip IIRC

Check the links he posted.

blurust 2nd September 2009 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 1462531)
Check the links he posted.

Thank you sankar.

Its not a gossib, its true. Just to clear any other doubts. When i said they are back i did not mean in india.:)

Happy Riding.

blurust 2nd September 2009 18:39

Hey guys,

Looks like there are no fans for indian and norton. :Shockked:

happy riding.

Bluu 2nd September 2009 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by blurust (Post 1463115)
Hey guys,Looks like there are no fans for indian and norton. :Shockked:
happy riding.

I'm a huge fan of Nortons but if they are not available in India then I'm not really bothered.

dinar 2nd September 2009 20:29

There are fans of norton and Indian , no use discussing these as they will never come to india.
By the way the NORTON commando 961 SE has been in development for 9 year now, the engine is design is based on a NASCAR engine design. the valve train and head are picked form a v8.
Initially the engine was a replica of the original than it was found the the design was not suitable for modern day biking and reliability was an issue.hence the new engine with the authentic look.

Sankar 3rd September 2009 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by blurust (Post 1463115)
Hey guys,

Looks like there are no fans for indian and norton. :Shockked:

happy riding.

Yes i'm a fan! I like Norton. I heard a Dommie kickstarted into life and blipped, that exhaust note gave me goose pimples all round! Will never forget that sound.

desideep 3rd September 2009 16:35

2 Attachment(s)
i love the commando. i saw it the first time in skin in 2008.. let me see if i have a pic will post here

here i do have a pic and it is beautiful the pic does no do any justice to the bike...

rranjith_kum 3rd September 2009 19:06

Off topic: I have seen the movie the worlds fastest Indian. Its a nice one. In that Antony hopkins will be driving an Indian Scout. But then I really dont know much about both brands, the media and words were always about Harleys.

Nitin 3rd September 2009 19:46

I love the Indian Chief Dark horse. Classic Indian Chief looks, with the new school styling!
The old Commandos looked much better, than whats seen in the link. The latter seems more like a cafe racer project!