Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 11:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

here is the pic og John posing with the bike...
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha V-MAX launched in India 16/9/09-7519_133603861027_102660581027_2597055_7757320_n.jpg  

Old 17th September 2009, 12:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

that V-Max is way too over priced for this indian market!

20 lakhs for two wheels!!

i would prefer a Toyota Fortuner!
Old 17th September 2009, 12:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Man i would surely get myself a car. I thought 12 lakhs for the R1 was expensive and now 20 for this. The Harleys would also be in the same range or more expensive. I dont understand why these manufacturers bring the bikes at a cheaper rate, yes there are duties involved but they can cut down on sucking our hard earned money for their profits and concentrate on volumes.
Old 17th September 2009, 13:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Man i would surely get myself a car. I thought 12 lakhs for the R1 was expensive and now 20 for this. The Harleys would also be in the same range or more expensive. I dont understand why these manufacturers bring the bikes at a cheaper rate, yes there are duties involved but they can cut down on sucking our hard earned money for their profits and concentrate on volumes.
As you must already be aware, volume will kill a luxury product, since it will lose it's exclusivity. And in the Indian context, any bike above a commuter is a luxury. Some are just more luxurious than the others.

These bikes are meant for people who have all the cars they want, and then some money to spare!

Last edited by Gansan : 17th September 2009 at 13:09.
Old 17th September 2009, 13:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
20Lakhs ex shwrooom
OUUUCHHHHHHHH
Would rather buy a Harley than this for 20 lacs.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:03   #21
BANNED

Would buy this instead of a Harley for 20 Lakhs.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

definitely this instead of a harley.Let me help you clear up a bit.this is not a cruiser.Its a rocket.it'll tear off even superbikes.You get superbike beating acceleration from this mean machine.Its even more fun than a superbike.It lets you do burnouts easily.It lets you do burning acceleration runs easily and most of all you're more comfy sitting on this.

You don't cruise on this bike,you hold on for dear life!

Oh yes the car people will never understand what a bike is for pure bikers.So your comments on buying a furtuner or other cars instead of this is justified.Just that a true biker will never think this way.

A true biker will sell his wife's jewellery and buy this bike.lol.Yes i even know bikers of this kind.lol.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 17th September 2009 at 14:36.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:06   #23
BANNED

Why so much ho ha for this bike? People are spending over 2L in old RD's so why not 20L for this beauti?
It's for those who knows whats the V4 in bikes, this is not in my list of bikes as i know i can't afford but who know's after my twins restoration sure next will be some V4 if not VMax.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
As you must already be aware, volume will kill a luxury product, since it will lose it's exclusivity. And in the Indian context, any bike above a commuter is a luxury. Some are just more luxurious than the others.

These bikes are meant for people who have all the cars they want, and then some money to spare!
I am well aware of that my friend, but the 20 lakhs is not a small amount when you have the R1's, busa and intruders in the 14 lakhs bracket. I was and am willing to spend for a Busa but i still do feel it is expensive. By my saying it should have been cheaper does not mean it goes into the thousands or 1 or 2 lakhs rupee range, 9,10 or max 14 lakhs for the bikes would have been a good price. This would have generated the volumes instead of 7 to 8 bikes being sold in a month and then silence for a few months.

I am fortunate to have more cars than i require but 20 lakhs for this no ways. I am a biker by heart but the price just des not seem justified to me. This is only my take there would be plenty of people who would happily pay the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Oh yes the car people will never understand what a bike is for pure bikers.So your comments on buying a furtuner or other cars instead of this is justified.Just that a true biker will never think this way.

A true biker will sell his wife's jewellery and buy this bike.lol.Yes i even know bikers of this kind.lol.
, I hav seen people morgage their houses in the states to ride bikes. Pawned stuff and expensive stuff Navpreet.

I am all for bikes and i know the biker inside me is urgeing to get myself a bike espesially since i got the busa and sold it in the begining of this month. The price is not justified according to me, it should have been cheaper.

For the Guys who want to get a Harley instead of the V max. The range starts from 20 lakhs and goes upward.
Old 18th September 2009, 01:18   #25
BHPian

Honestly if u think about it i think we should be thankful to the govt. for keeping the prices of sbks so high . can u imagine how many sbks wed have on the road if they were in the 5 lac bracket ? Traffic would literally be suicidal , as it is we have so many wannabe Rossi' on the road .

On the other hand if u find the price of the VMax rediculous when compared to the price of an R1 or a Hayabusa well that is because this bike is so exclusive . They have a limit to the number they are going to produce and this is not just a Yamaha motorcycle anymore - it is a STAR brand of motorcycles , something like Lexus is to Toyota .

The build quality and fit and finish of this motorcycle is top notch . By top notch i mean above Harley Davidson standards , way above that . And it is fast and it stops quick too , just dont mistake this for an R6 or an R1 and trying cornering , ull regret it . It is more of a point and squirt machine providing burnouts and wheel spins on demand . Crack the trottle open and its insane as the rear tyre struggles to cope with the huge amount of torque unleashed on it in a fraction of a second . Leaning over and cracking the throttle open is like suicide on this bike . The footpegs are mounted in a cruiser like fashion -- boots in the air . So leaning over hard is just asking for trouble .

This is the ultimate Fat B@$Tard Hooligan bike and will be a cult classic for sometime to come . A worthy investment this .

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 18th September 2009 at 01:23.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
....... but they can cut down on sucking our hard earned money for their profits and concentrate on volumes.

Hard earned money? Trust me, it is easy money for any guy who spends Rs.20 lakhs on a bike.
Old 18th September 2009, 23:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Its simple.the bike costs 18000$ in US and 19500$ as of now there.so now convert it into indian money and you'll see the price is justified.
Old 18th September 2009, 23:15   #28
BHPian

Even if we had R1s priced at 5 lac in India, they'd still not get large volumes . Now they sell under 150 R1s + MTs a year, or about 400 big bikes a year between the big 3 ( Kawa yet to arrive ). At INR 500k, they'd still be under 2000 a year combined by my reckoning. Not exactly large volumes, even if they get 5000 a year .

And then again not all bike enthusiasts will succumb to their hobby. Some may be blackmailed ( buy that bike and see you in divorce court ), some may establish other priorities ( kids' education , home loan ) .
Old 19th September 2009, 00:08   #29
BANNED

No SBK will sell in huge numbers in India even if say a R1 is priced at 2 lakhs.... Guess why??

LOL Mileage kitna hai?
Old 20th September 2009, 13:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Hope Yamaha brings the R125 or something in the 200 -250cc segment to India soon.

i heard the r125 is coming to india sometime in march 2010. not sure of the reliability of this source.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks