Team-BHP - Pics for bike lovers - RX 100 - Fury 175 GPX - XL1200 N Nightster - CBR 1000R
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Pics for bike lovers - RX 100 - Fury 175 GPX - XL1200 N Nightster - CBR 1000R (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/74532-pics-bike-lovers-rx-100-fury-175-gpx-xl1200-n-nightster-cbr-1000r-2.html)

Man !! those bikes are awesome. Specially the Harley.
I wish i could have taken that Harley on a long drive, would have been a wonderful experience.
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 1710269)
actually i prefer the crouching part:)

Shoei, Dainesi way to go:thumbs up
which riding boots are you sporting, with the CB? with Harley i presume they are regular shoes with ankle length protection
and which jacket are you wearing on the Harley?(its with back protection)

My gear as follows:
Lid: Shoei Multitec
On Harley:
Jacket: Icon Ti Max 2 Mesh Jacket
Pants: Icon Hooligan pants
Boots: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Boots
On Honda:
Jacket: Dainese Laguna Seca Perforated leather jacket
Pants: Cortech DSX riding jeans
Shoes: Alpinestars SMX-2 vented boots.

Love the Harley and 1000R. Just beautiful.
Great taste you got there.
I'm also not a fan of the crouching positionagree:

no one who rides a bullet can be fan of a crouching postion SAran jee,

Hey GTHANG the bikes look amazing

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1863699)
no one who rides a bullet can be fan of a crouching postion SAran jee,

Hey GTHANG the bikes look amazing

Right said deep ji. We bulleteres are one of a kind..:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG SARAN (Post 1862484)
Love the Harley and 1000R. Just beautiful.
Great taste you got there.
I'm also not a fan of the crouching positionagree:

Thanks. Hard to be a fan of the crouching position when its so damn hard to ride like that. Sure, looks good on photo, but my back knows otherwise.

Recently made a 1200 km roundtrip coimbatore - palakkad- calicut - wayanad - masinagudi - bandipur - gudalur - ooty - coonoor - mettupalayam - coimbatore. With an overnight at Wayanad, which is exactly at 600kms.

Had taken both bikes, and I rode the Honda to Wayanad and the Harley back. Even with the slight difference in riding posture between the bikes, the Harley was the more comfortable of the two. The Honda is more nimble and feels easier when in high traffic areas, but the Harley was much better with its less frantic pace and easier on the palms and legs.

Really makes me wonder how the R1 and Busa guys manage. Maybe I just dont bend that easy :)

love the FURY, the CB1KR, to me, is the best of the lot - looks divine in white...

how do you ride with all this gear in the muggy Kerala summer?!

the only thing common between our garages is the green swift (unfortunately!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_himan (Post 1864206)
love the FURY, the CB1KR, to me, is the best of the lot - looks divine in white...

how do you ride with all this gear in the muggy Kerala summer?!

the only thing common between our garages is the green swift (unfortunately!)

More people take note of the CB when I ride around as well. The Harley is usually dismissed as a modded Bullet :)

Having worked in extreme temperatures for a long time, I know that contrary to popular belief, the more well covered I am from the blazing sun, the better off I am. All my gear is vented and while on the move, its like turning A/C blowers on. Standstill in heavy traffic can be a bother and can cause you to sweat quite a bit. I usually replenish frequently with electral (ORS) satchets.

Sorry to disappoint you, our Swifts are not the same. Mine started its life as black, and I had a go at "Mini'sing" it with green and white. I intended British Racing Green and pearl white, but it was lost in translation to the painter and I ended up with a strange green that looks like the Maruti green at some angles, and darker in others.

A pic attached.
Am I allowed to go off topic in a thread I created?:rules:

Nice collection gthang! Well represented with all types of bikes. Aren't we missing an RD and a Bullet?:)

The RX looks all tricked out for doing rallyes. Fury looks great but a KB headlight would suit better I feel. How do you manage parts??

OT, but would love to see an article/photologue about the auto scene in MENA, esp NA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1864830)
Nice collection gthang! Well represented with all types of bikes. Aren't we missing an RD and a Bullet?:)

The RX looks all tricked out for doing rallyes. Fury looks great but a KB headlight would suit better I feel. How do you manage parts??

OT, but would love to see an article/photologue about the auto scene in MENA, esp NA.

Thanks for the compliments. Sure am missing an RD. Making some inquiries when in the mood, but yet to come across a good piece. That new Bullet Classic looks a little yummy too. But I feel guilty that I am not giving each vehicle the care it deserves and need to do some work on what I have for now.

The RX and Fury are my experimental bikes which I like to change the looks a little bit once in a while. The Fury used to be Blue/Silver Gray not too long ago. The RX is going under the knife for monoshock, expansion chambers, knobbys, the whole autocross look. RX parts are easy. For the Fury, since I am not anal about authenticity, I use whatever suitable parts available for ancillaries. A long hot tiring day of hunting in a junkyard/used parts market in Bangalore (forget the name of the place) resulted in getting an old engine/gearbox which I(my mechanic) use for scavenging. Some parts I believe he had locally machined like the gearshift pushrod. Also, he managed to get the coil wounded up for 12V so I can use current electrical parts.

I am currently in ME, but miles away from any nearest town. I do quite a bit of offroad driving for work, though. Will try to post some pics of the roads and vehicles here. Not much different from NA as far as landscape and driving conditions go. Mostly desert driving. Not all dunes like one sees on TV, but more like graded roads with lots of gravel, and some real steep inclines where 4X4 LO is mandatory to cross. Our company fleet includes several Toyota Hiluxes, Nissan Navarros, Toyota Landcruisers. All diesel. All new fleet usually replaced every 2-3 years. Will try to start a thread on it soon. Dont take much pictures at work :)

Awesome machines man! You stay in Kerala or Coimbatore? I am from Cochin.

Hi gthang, I see you're from Coimbatore (CMB), I know there're hard core RD fans out there than in Chennai. I'm sure you know this, hope you just need a kick start to find a RD isn't it?

Friends,

am attaching some of my pictures from UK, where i own Harley Sportster 883.

Need your feedback, cheers

Varun

Gthang you are an all "Bling Bling" boy !! Congratulations on your toys Man, they are awesome. Any room for a Bullet in your Garage ?? Cheers mate.

Here is a post of my 09 Nightster. The American version has a different tail treatment and a folding side mounted license plate holder.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...nightster.html