Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2005, 10:36   #1
Team-BHP Support

Gurkha's RC45

I couldn't help but start this topic after seeing your signature!

The RC45 has been one of my dream bikes ever since I can remember. Had a poster of it up in my room through my school/college days. At first I simply loved the look of it. But after reading up on it, and seeing it in action in the WSBK's, I was blown away. Yes, it may have got creamed when the 916's came on the scene, and it was never the dominant force in racing like Honda's motoGP bikes, but it was an awesome bike anyways!

Tell us about your bike. Did you buy it new? What have you done to it? Basically, give us the lowdown on this! Some pics would be great as well.
Old 17th September 2005, 16:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

oye Mr. Gurkha, still waiting.....
Old 17th September 2005, 19:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

ha ha what a coincidence. I too had a huge poster of the RC45 in my room when I was in high school. was this the one with the partial cutaway showing the engine?
Old 17th September 2005, 20:34   #4
BANNED

Sorry for the late reply, the RC 45 is my 5th bike, my life started with a Enfield Bullet when I was 14, my feet could hardly reach the ground but my father believed in learning young and hard so I persevered but did get seven stitches on my head while on my way back from school, I got hit by an Amby from the back. After 8 months with Enfield, my father bought me my pride and joy, a Yamaha RD-350 with the original 39.5bhp stock engine which had a made in Japan written on its engine case, that bike taught me how to ride.

I then went to US and at 17 when I turned legal age for driving and riding, I convinced my aunt there to finance me a Yamaha FZ 750 Eddie Lawson edition, this was a 85bhp 750cc 5 valves per cylinder bike and there began my superbike saga, got myself a racing license from Keith Code and participated in WERA races sponsored by Team Action Yamaha, within a year and a half, I traded that one in for Yamaha's first all aluminum delta box FZR-1000 which was a true rocket, the engine developed 134bhp, then in 1994, I got bitten by the HONDA dominance of Moto GP and other circuits and turned turncoat and bought the RC 45, I had it kitted with HRC parts like cam, exhaust, air box, Showa adjustable suspension, Titanium con rods, bigger oil cooler and 17" rear alloy from Enkei, 39mm flat slide Keihin instead of the stock 36CV carbs, re-mapped ignition curve chip from HRC, the engine now develops 148 bhp at the dyno compared to stock 132, I have put 18000 odd miles on it and ride it every time I go to NY, even though I would love to bring it here, the fear of fixing it and finding parts keeps me deterred, plus the duty is pretty high for a bike of this type.

Need any more info just ask
Old 17th September 2005, 21:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha
Need any more info just ask
Some pics would be appreciated!
Old 17th September 2005, 21:50   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Some pics would be appreciated!
Sure, am waiting for my slides to come back from Fuji Labs US, I will then post them all including the Accord, 4WD and RC 45.
Old 18th September 2005, 11:57   #7
Team-BHP Support

Didn't the RC make just 100hp (restricted ofcourse!) straight out of the showroom? A few wire snips would take care of that though. Kinda like the R7 recently, which, although a homlogation special, produced less power out of the box than a stock R6.

we await the pics.

@Mpower: Yes, I had the castrol poster with the cutaway of the RC. I also had one with the proper bike itself.
Old 18th September 2005, 15:48   #8
BANNED

The stock RC 45 was rated at 97bhp at 12000 RPM and 49lb/ft at 10000 RPM , however, my RC45 had the updated ECU, air box and HRC muffler from the showroom after the legal registration, the other enhancements were done over time, bank permitting. The HRC ECU added all the power at 148bhp.

Picture already posted at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...newpost&t=2190

It was taken at the Watkins Glen raceaway.
Old 19th September 2005, 10:13   #9
BHPian

Glad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha
Sure, am waiting for my slides to come back from Fuji Labs US, I will then post them all including the Accord, 4WD and RC 45.
@Gurkha

Glad to note that you still shoot transparencies/slide.

Cheers
Old 19th September 2005, 10:17   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor
@Gurkha

Glad to note that you still shoot transparencies/slide.

Cheers

Xsailor,

I am a dinosaur, but I do pay the price for it, have to ship my slides out to Fuji Labs in NJ, I exclusively shoot Velvia and Provia and not one lab here could do justice to them, most left them with a magenta cast and then would tell me that I have the wrong filters on. Probably better labs in Mumbai but certainly not in the north.
Old 19th September 2005, 10:46   #11
BHPian

@Gurkha

Um...So you are into landscapes, eh! Great .

I have shot some slide (neither Velvia and Provia) but The color cast got me so frustrated that I switched back to negative film and later to digital.

Would love to see some results. Perhaps, at leisure, you could post some here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6809

PS: Which format do you use?

Guys, sorry for going

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks