Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2010, 21:33   #1
BHPian

Hayabusa spill in Hyderabad

While returning back from Hyderabad Airport today evening, saw a guy who has just spilled his golden colored Hayabusa. The bike looked very new, just out of the showroom. Looks like the person riding the bike tried hard to brake but rubbed his front tyre against the pavement and slipped. The front faring of the bike had opened up (cracked), the engine side panel was lying on the road ... The guy was being helped by 3-4 people back on his feet but obviously looked in pain ...

Couldn't take any snaps but it's sad to see a nice Hayabusa meeting such an accident ....
Old 21st February 2010, 22:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

I feel sorry for the guy. A new super bike cracked open is not a good sight, for anyone, let alone the owner.
Old 21st February 2010, 22:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of an earlier incident where one of my biker friends lost his life on a white Busa.(HYD). Sad!
Old 21st February 2010, 22:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

Falls happen, but it is always good to know that the rider had only minor injuries after a fall, and has another go at life.

manson.
Old 22nd February 2010, 02:52   #5
BHPian

I wonder if the rider was a Quartermile participant doing trials on the Airport Road . the "practice" speeds could have caused the mishap. There was a Red Hayabusa that took part and this is a regular visitor , it would have been nice to have them both competing instead of a Ninja taking on the Hayabusa.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:39   #6
Team-BHP Support

OT: Speaking of the quartermile, any updates on how did Anku (red 954 with red tinted screen) do at the event? His previous time was a 11.6 IIRC at the 2008 Mumbai Speedrun.

manson.
Old 23rd February 2010, 01:34   #7
BANNED

While at a local dealer in San Diego, I was told 40% of the ZX14 owners were bringing their bikes back after crashing them in the first month. Some even crashed in the parking lot right after the purchase.

With great power comes great responsibility. If a person hops on a Busa after years of playing with 200s, 350s or even 600s, there can be surprises. If you add the surprises our roads and drivers throw at a new rider on a new superbike, it can be a perfect storm.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
While at a local dealer in San Diego, I was told 40% of the ZX14 owners were bringing their bikes back after crashing them in the first month. Some even crashed in the parking lot right after the purchase.

With great power comes great responsibility. If a person hops on a Busa after years of playing with 200s, 350s or even 600s, there can be surprises. If you add the surprises our roads and drivers throw at a new rider on a new superbike, it can be a perfect storm.
A few guys have lost their lives because of this. Handling a sbk at high speeds is not as easy as most people think.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:48   #9
BHPian

A thought about that ZX-14 comment: could it be because the Concours' fairing also tends to touch the ground at maximum lean?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks