Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 19:51   #31
BHPian

Sorry for hijacking this thread to something else..

Is there any dealer or any sort of network that sells or would sell after market pipes in India like

Thunderheader
D&D Fatcat
V&H
Rineheart
Python's
Cobra's
Cycle shacks

or is it only HD that will selling their slip ons

Also is there a dyno tune center in India for all this?
Is HD gonna sell their SERT (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner)

HD as a bone stock sucks, you need to open that engine up and it comes to life..

Stock big twin gets you 62-65hp and I opened my engine and now I get 85hp and 94TQ.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:45   #32
BHPian

@aargee : yup, confirmed test ride and some other things too , will post the detailed experience
Old 7th April 2010, 08:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
@aargee : yup, confirmed test ride and some other things too , will post the detailed experience
Hey Shan, Thanks man. Whoa!!! man, you're giving a hint & not revealing things!!! What're those "other things", glad if you can share it with me. Tks.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Is HD gonna sell their SERT (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner)
I guess this will be done on phase wise & case to case basis.

Quote:
HD as a bone stock sucks, you need to open that engine up and it comes to life..
Oh!!! is it? How do you say a stock power sucks on HD? Could you elaborate pls?

Quote:
Stock big twin gets you 62-65hp and I opened my engine and now I get 85hp and 94TQ.
By the way, which motorcycle & model are we talking about here on 62-65HP? Also, appreciate if you can share the details on the work carried out towards opening the engine.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
By the way, which motorcycle & model are we talking about here on 62-65HP? Also, appreciate if you can share the details on the work carried out towards opening the engine.
I ride a FXDC.
When I say opening up the engine, usually HD refers them as stage I or stage II....there are lotta variations to it..

your big V-twin will be a 96 C.I.
stage I is "remove your stock AC...change it to a SE heavy breather or after market AC like K&N,Arlen Ness Big sucker, remove your stock pipes...change to some after market exhaust like V&H,python,cobra or even slip ons
get a power commander or SERT to remap your fuel system

Do you need to change pipes, not really but it should be coz otherwise your bike will run lean..
If you do the above said option this is the cheapest and your bike get atleast 15% more power and TQ

This is called Stage I
Finally to do this you need a dynotune and i'm not sure if this is available in India yet.

I did all of the above and I changed my stock cams to an aftermarket "Andrews 26s cams" this cams especially gives more lower end TQ at 2200-3500rpm,
so mine is a stage II coz i went for cam upgrade..

How to get in touch with "Anoop Prakash of HD" coz I wanna setup this business as ppl grow with HD ths is the nexxt thing that will evolve
Old 8th April 2010, 18:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I ride a FXDC.
Which year of make?

When you said the power sucks, I thought you were running a stock bike that didn't perform as expected. Performance tunings are possible for any motorcycle that are stock & I'm aware of the stages of mods.

Quote:
How to get in touch with "Anoop Prakash of HD" coz I wanna setup this business as ppl grow with HD ths is the nexxt thing that will evolve
May be you need to write a business proposal that is appealing & convincing to him. As far as I heard, there're rare chances for the dealership to be opened in Chennai soon. PM me & we can discuss further, if you're interested.

Last edited by aargee : 8th April 2010 at 18:12.
Old 8th April 2010, 19:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Which year of make?

When you said the power sucks, I thought you were running a stock bike that didn't perform as expected. Performance tunings are possible for any motorcycle that are stock & I'm aware of the stages of mods.
Ride: '09 FXDC
Does someone do these performance tuning there?
Old 8th April 2010, 19:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ride: '09 FXDC
Does someone do these performance tuning there?
Man, if I were you, I would learn this from net & carry out the peformance mods by myself, so I know what's going on inside. I love the pleasure of knowing about my motorcycle, working on it & get the satisfaction of working on it. Go do it yourself man, pls, take it seriously, never do the performance mods with a local garage. Either get it done at Tusker, when it opens or do it by yourself.

Edit - I know there're few garages in Chennai where they work on HD & other imported motorcycles; if you're still stubborn, I'll try getting it for you, but I strongly suggest to stay away from them.

Last edited by aargee : 8th April 2010 at 19:39.
Old 8th April 2010, 22:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Man, if I were you, I would learn this from net & carry out the peformance mods by myself, so I know what's going on inside. I love the pleasure of knowing about my motorcycle, working on it & get the satisfaction of working on it. Go do it yourself man, pls, take it seriously, never do the performance mods with a local garage. Either get it done at Tusker, when it opens or do it by yourself.

Edit - I know there're few garages in Chennai where they work on HD & other imported motorcycles; if you're still stubborn, I'll try getting it for you, but I strongly suggest to stay away from them.
You completely miss the point here, performace mods like changing pipes/filters/adding a power commander can be done by you.
I did this on mine.
My only concern was that when you do this you need your bike to have a dynotune and this cannot be done by individual coz you require a dynometer. You need to be a traiined/certified dyno technician to do this.

In future if you do some boring/or do some headwork and everytime you touch your bike you need a dyno to make it run cleaner and better...I highly think this cant be done at this point...
whatever mods needs to be done, i guess i'll get it done in mine and bring it there
Old 8th April 2010, 22:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My only concern was that when you do this you need your bike to have a dynotune and this cannot be done by individual coz you require a dynometer. You need to be a traiined/certified dyno technician to do this.

In future if you do some boring/or do some headwork and everytime you touch your bike you need a dyno to make it run cleaner and better...I highly think this cant be done at this point...
whatever mods needs to be done, i guess i'll get it done in mine and bring it there
^^^There's only one answer that I've posted already. Get in touch with Tusker HD Bangy.
Old 20th April 2010, 19:20   #41
BHPian

HD opens booking all across IND today.
Need to watch this space for how many units they gonna sell
Goodluck HD on your Journey
Old 21st April 2010, 10:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Bookings started officially yesterday. The booking amount will be Rs.50,000.00 to ensure a Motorcycle is reserved and the balance amount to be paid 30 days before the delivery of the motorcycle which is likely to be end of July 2010. The deliveries of the Motorcycles will commence end of August 2010.

The mode of payment is through Cash, Credit Card, Debit Card, Demand Draft, Pay Order and Cheque (Subject to clearing of cheque).

Harley Davidson appoints dealers across India-h1.jpg
Old 29th April 2010, 08:04   #43
BHPian

Can someone tell me where the Mumbai dealer is located?? I Dont see the dealers address anywhere in the website. Do they have all the models on display overthere ?
Old 29th April 2010, 08:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post
Can someone tell me where the Mumbai dealer is located?? I Dont see the dealers address anywhere in the website. Do they have all the models on display overthere ?
The dealership has only been awarded & the showrooms are yet to be opened. Currently, they're only in the mode of collecting a token advance for booking. So its highly unlikely that you may find out a showroom & their address.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post
Abhishek their Store is coming up at Bandra, Opposite to the royal Enfield's Showroom. You will see a building which has a huge billboard saying "the Count down Begins" with a Harley Davidson Logo.

Check it out when you cross that lane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks