Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 00:12   #46
BHPian

Harley-DAVIDSON Dyna StreetBOB booked delievery End of June 10 !
Old 6th May 2010, 01:28   #47
BHPian

^^
WOW!!!!!
CONGRATS mate..
Don't you miss out on sharing the pics and ride report etc.. etc...
Do create a seperate thread for your ownership experience.

All the best

BIG SARAN
Old 6th May 2010, 02:32   #48
BHPian

I saw the AD they placed in the paper today looking for all sorts of people to fill in the positions for the new dealership in bangalore.

I hope i was qualified enough for it but sadly i'm not. Anyone who is, can take a shot. Would love to see someone from team-bhp in the new dealership in bangalore. What say you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
Congratulation Johnny. Waiting to see the review and pictures.

Last edited by bornin70s : 6th May 2010 at 02:34. Reason: overlooked a post
Old 6th May 2010, 03:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Warm Welcome to the "Dyna" family bro...

If you want my suggestion, try changing the air filter to a SE breather, some SE slip on's with SE race tuner...If you do this before your bike is delivered it wont affect your 2 years unlimited miles warranty...
Old 6th May 2010, 05:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
If you want my suggestion, try changing the air filter to a SE breather, some SE slip on's with SE race tuner...
Well, there're a very few customization available & these mods may or may not be available. But since these are CBU's & are imported, there're good chances that they're available, cross checking with the dealer will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
If you do this before your bike is delivered it wont affect your 2 years unlimited miles warranty...
Oh!! is it? Then what about the OE parts? Will they hand the OE parts to us in addition to the performance parts fitted on to the motorcycle?
Old 6th May 2010, 09:25   #51
BHPian

thx all for the wishes

Sure would create a writeup with Loads of visul treat ! Awaiting the delievery ... Yeah SE are on my radar as the stock exhausts are bit soft as comparared to Youtubes of StreetBOBBers with Stock exhusts in US - Euro norms on sound in India.
Old 6th May 2010, 10:24   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Oh!! is it? Then what about the OE parts? Will they hand the OE parts to us in addition to the performance parts fitted on to the motorcycle?
What HD says is that on any of their bikes,before your delivery you can change the air cleaner/pipes/with tuner and it doesnt affect the warranty
If you do this after the bike is delivered may be they will void the warranty on the parts you changed yourself...
Thats why most guys wait for the 2 year period and start changing stuff so the warranty is outta picture and you can play with your bike
Old 6th May 2010, 10:27   #53
BHPian

Quote:
thx all for the wishes

Sure would create a writeup with Loads of visul treat ! Awaiting the delievery ... Yeah SE are on my radar as the stock exhausts are bit soft as comparared to Youtubes of StreetBOBBers with Stock exhusts in US - Euro norms on sound in India.
What I can suggest you is that
Goto www.powercommander.com

These guys have a set of downloadable maps.
Buy PC-V, Then buy V&H exhaust or rineheart 2-1 exhaust or the least slip ons.
Buy a BS (Arlen Ness Big Sucker) air filter the best in business (K&N airfilter - washable & resuable)
Get all the parts put it on your bike and download the map..

Your bike's gonna sound like the real Harley and not the silly stock version
Old 6th May 2010, 11:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Waiting to see some beautiful photos when it comes in!
Old 7th May 2010, 10:04   #55
Senior - BHPian

Harley has opened its India Corporate Headquarters in Gurgaon.

From the Official Press Release

Quote:
Harley-Davidson opens India corporate headquarters

Gurgaon, May 06, 2010: Harley-Davidson India today inaugurated its India corporate headquarters in Gurgaon. The guest of honor, U.S. Ambassador to India Timothy J. Roemer, opened the passageway to the new office entrance in true Harley-Davidson form – by revving the engine of a 2010 Fatboy. The grand opening event, hosted by Anoop Prakash, Managing Director, saw the attendance of a broad array of industry leaders, enthusiasts and officials.

Inaugurating the Indian headquarters, Anoop Prakash said, “The establishment of Harley-Davidson India’s permanent headquarters marks an important milestone for us. We have designed an environment where our employees and partners can effectively collaborate and innovate to design and deliver extraordinary experiences for our customers. With bookings now open, we are looking forward to opening our showrooms and beginning deliveries starting next month, and initiating a new era of motorcycling in India.”

Located at Time Tower, Main MG Road, Gurgaon, the Harley-Davidson India corporate headquarters is a unique brand space designed to inspire its team, embrace its partners and honor its enthusiasts. The office decor invokes the brand’s heritage, culture and lifestyle, and houses a robust training space and fully operational workshop visible from all points in the office. The interiors were designed in collaboration with Delhi-based architects Morphogenesis with the brand concepts by The Republic. The build-out was managed by CB Richard Ellis with Buildkraft as the general contractor.

Harley-Davidson India commenced operations in August 2009, and will offer 12 models from their 2010 line-up, with bookings beginning on April 20, 2010, in each city.

Harley Davidson appoints dealers across India-harley.jpg
Old 7th May 2010, 12:01   #56
BHPian

I somehow feel (being little prejudiced for HD) it has only been possible for the Iconic Harley-Davidson to have generated so much interest, enthusiasm, admiration & rave through out the country from people of diffeent age groups & walks of life.
Old 8th May 2010, 02:54   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I somehow feel (being little prejudiced for HD) it has only been possible for the Iconic Harley-Davidson to have generated so much interest, enthusiasm, admiration & rave through out the country from people of diffeent age groups & walks of life.
I agree with you sir. Just like RE, HD is one such brand which is capable of evoking such enthusiasm and interest in all age groups.I may be biased towards RE
Old 8th May 2010, 09:19   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Hey Johnny Bravo, congrats on your booking. Now you can go through the accessories catalog while you wait for your delivery and start painting mental pictures in your head. If you know already, please ignore this suggestion: go the HD US site and use the "Customizer" option to help visualize.

IIRC, you have an MT-01 as well, right? How is she holding up?

With respect to your above statement, we had a discussion covering similar topic in another thread couple of days ago.(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ikes-rise.html)
I'm glad there are more people that see HD's effort as a good thing.
Old 8th May 2010, 16:11   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG SARAN View Post
I agree with you sir. Just like RE, HD is one such brand which is capable of evoking such enthusiasm and interest in all age groups.I may be biased towards RE
I too plus your choice ... till now RE was the only answer to HD in India. When i was introduced to the world of Tprque biking RE was the only mention in my thought process ... it never was allowed to become reality cox my parents werent approving the bike for me. nevertheless now i am making my own decision to go ahead with HD for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post

IIRC, you have an MT-01 as well, right? How is she holding up?

I'm glad there are more people that see HD's effort as a good thing.
Thx & Yes My Yamaha Mt01 is still there but I am willing to sell it off soon. its done just 2000kms in mint condition. can shell it any where around 9+ thing !
Old 25th May 2010, 03:05   #60
BHPian

Harley Davidson comes to India, Driven a Fatboy in a promotion event at Hyderabad.

The much awaited Harley Davidson will be opening their showroom across indian cities on June 25th 2010.
Though harley's are not new for me, I have driven almost all the models but driving it in our home town was something different, It was an amazing feeling.

Always had plans to import one from gulf, But was worried for service and parts, On enquiring at the event for bikes being imported can be serviced at the local dealer, I got a polite answer "bike's sold by dealer will only be serviced".
Hyderabad showroom will be named Banjara Harley Davidson.
Planning to book one Fatboy. Hope it works out soon.
Inshallah.
Attached Thumbnails
Harley Davidson appoints dealers across India-image1098.jpg  

Harley Davidson appoints dealers across India-image1104.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks