Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 17:44   #76
BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai

Thanks for the reply Ram, indeed Mr Ashish Joshi has quoted about an assembly unit in the Triumph India facebook page.
Link: Triumph Motorcycles India - Welcome | Facebook

It is now the agonising wait then.

Please post more ride reports and pictures, it's a treat.

Thanks again
Surajit

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th December 2011 at 18:22. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid Copy Paste from external font editors, also do a Preview before Submit. Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 14:43   #77
Senior - BHPian

Meeting Other Triumphs in Town

16th December 2011, Friday morning ride turned out to be a more memmorable one than the ususal.
  • Three of the four other friends (the younger ones) sends SMS that they are calling off for a verity of reasons (both real and imaginary)
  • It was really cold - on the ride out to the usual meeting point at 5.30 am the temperature was around 10 deg including the wind chill factor.
  • Two oldest members of the group including me met up at the Fuel Station at Dragon Mart on Dubai Hatta Road (Other one on Ducati Diavel).
  • We were the first two bikes to arrive, then BMWs of various shapes and coulours started arriving - there were over 20 Beemers in all (they were doing a club ride to Musandam) - see pictures 1 & 2.
  • My friend and I decided that this will be short ride (200 km only) and decided to head out to our Egg Paratha stop.
  • Reached the palce (which is exactly at 100 KM mark) ordered our Egg Parathas and were sipping our teas and shooting the air about bikes and cars in general.
  • Suddently there was a rumble of bikes (this is usually the stop over for most bikers) and we saw a line of 10 coming towards the shop. In the line were 4 bikes not familiar to both of us yet two were very familiar shapes
  • Of the 10 there were 4 Triumphs
  1. Bonneville T 100
  2. Bonniville SE
  3. Storm
  4. Rocket
It was the last two that were really unfamiliar shapes, as I had not seen the two (in Dubai) before and hence, the confusion

Seeing 5 Triumphs together at a place in Dubai Really made my dayI only wished that my regular riding mates were there as well with their Truxton, Scrambler and Daytona, then we would have had almost 90% of the Triumph's product line represented at one place

made our introductions and admired all the machines and then me & my friend returned, whilst others continued their ride fortified with lovely Egg Parathas

I am attaching the pictures here. Hope you enjoy

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0343a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0345a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0346a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0348a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0349a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0350a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0351a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0353a.jpg  

Attached Images

r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 18:00   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Meeting Other Triumphs in Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
  • Of the 10 there were 4 Triumphs
  1. Bonneville T 100
  2. Bonniville SE
  3. Storm
  4. Rocket
Seeing 5 Triumphs together at a place in Dubai Really made my dayI only wished that my regular riding mates were there as well with their Truxton, Scrambler and Daytona, then we would have had almost 90% of the Triumph's product line represented at one place
Thats the entire Triumph population in the UAE. Congratulations, you have now overtaken the MT01 population by about 3. Actually, you're double our population now.

Call next week, must ride out. We did the new FUJ road last week - very boring.

Last edited by Steeroid : 18th December 2011 at 18:02.
Old 19th December 2011, 16:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hi Steer,

Will definitely call you.

We did the Fuj road too. Went to Khalba through the new road and returned through the mountains (actually on week before last).

The Triumph sud-dealer/service centre is now more or less confirmed with the Aprilia guys.

Thanks and Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 21st December 2011, 11:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Nair straight question to you...
I couldnt find a comparision between Boneville's
Whats the diff between Bonny/SE/T-100 is there a major height/wt ratio diff between them?
When I see regular Bonny & SE I dont see any difference spec wise other than SE has god awful 2 tone color and black finish...
Shrini,

In my earlier post on the subject I left out a significant difference between the Bonnieville Std, SE and the T 100

In T 100 the wheel base is 1500 mm as compared with the 1490 of the other two. This is basically because the T 100 has a slightly more rake angle to give it a slightly easy ridding position. T 100 is more intended at the US markets than the UK

Ram
Old 23rd December 2011, 20:54   #81
BHPian

T-100
Length 2230mm (87.7in)
Width (handlebars) 740mm (29.1in)
Height without mirrors 1100mm (43.3in)
Seat Height 775mm (30.5in)
Wheelbase 1500mm (59.0in)
Rake/Trail 28º/110mm

Bonneville/SE
Length 2115mm (83.2in)
Width (handlebars) 790mm (31.1in)
Height without mirrors 1130mm (44.5in)
Seat Height 740mm (29.1in)
Wheelbase 1490mm (58.6in)
Rake/Trail 27º/106mm

Ram
I'm 6'2" & have never rode a Triumph before so by this L*W*H stats what would be more comfortable & suitable for a tall rider like me...
BTW the only diff between a SE/Base Bonny that I've noticed is SE has god awful 2 tone paint & one Tach to it & plastic chrome badge which i'm not interested anyway
Old 24th December 2011, 08:42   #82
BHPian

BTW would like to know what is GC of Base/SE/T100 say from 2009 to current years

I tried for this info but could not find it anywhere on the net
Old 24th December 2011, 15:56   #83
BHPian

Quote:
I'm 6'2" & have never rode a Triumph before so by this L*W*H stats what would be more comfortable & suitable for a tall rider like me.
Shrini,
Comfort would depend more on the positioning of handlebar & footpegs, seat height etc. All the Bonnie models seem to have the same orientation of the above (based only on photos from the Triumph UK website) regardless of wheelbase. However, the larger rake (and wheelbase) of the T100 would obviously result in better stability. I guess when the bikes are released, a test ride would be our best way to decide.

Also, how come no one's commented on the alloys available on the Std and SE models? Any opinions on the alloys vs. spokes?

Has there been any more information from Triumph regarding the launch? Saw some pics in another thread of crated Triumph motorcycles on a truck, apparently heading for the Auto Expo 2012.
Cheers,
Rahul

Last edited by voodoochild : 24th December 2011 at 16:02.
Old 26th December 2011, 12:16   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW would like to know what is GC of Base/SE/T100 say from 2009 to current years

I tried for this info but could not find it anywhere on the net
Shrini

Bonnie range GC is 150 mm
Scrambler - 180 mm (177.4 actually)

Tiger & XC range have much higher gc in the range of 210 mm

Best Regards and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 26th December 2011, 17:00   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Also, how come no one's commented on the alloys available on the Std and SE models? Any opinions on the alloys vs. spokes?

Has there been any more information from Triumph regarding the launch? Saw some pics in another thread of crated Triumph motorcycles on a truck, apparently heading for the Auto Expo 2012.
Rahul
Rahul
Thats the reason I'm leaning towards a Base Bonny coz its alloys (equates to tubeless) whereas T100 has spokes (equates to tubes)
Thinking of going to AE '12 and see them on first hand basis...
Old 5th January 2012, 22:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

@R Nair, how heavy is the clutch of the Bonneville. (In comparison to say the RD and the RE TBTS). Similarly, any idea of the Street Triples clutch?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 8th January 2012, 12:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Hi VC,

I just saw this comment. I for one did not comment on this point as the wheels are optional. In Triumph site you have the option to "build" your own combi. Even with dealers whilst booking you have the option (though limited) to spec including the wheels and other factory offered blings.

I know of base Bonnies with alloy wheels and with spokes as well - mine is base with spokes, as I wanted it that way (marginally cheaper as well)

Ram
Old 8th January 2012, 12:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
@R Nair, how heavy is the clutch of the Bonneville. (In comparison to say the RD and the RE TBTS). Similarly, any idea of the Street Triples clutch?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta,

I would say its almost identical to that of an RD 350. My current rides are Bonnie in Dubai and RD 350 in Trivandrum - which I get to ride at least onece in two months these days, I have not realised if one is more heavier than the other.

Have not ridden an RE for some time (almost 2 years) will check next weekend and let you know. It shouldn't be much different as the RE and Bonnie Mechanism is almost similar.

Ram
Old 8th January 2012, 21:09   #89
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
If they are the same, that puts paid to my dreaming about the Bonneville or Street Triple!

Have a TBTS also. Clutch is way softer than that of my RD.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 13th February 2012, 15:32   #90
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I joined this site a couple of days earlier. I am a friend of r_nairtvm with the Scrambler and the Thruxton in Dubai.

Will upload photos of the bikes, once I figure out how to do it.

This mail is more of a test mail

Reg,

BB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks