Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2013, 16:53   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.

Man both are hugely heavy bikes.

Shubz you really need to hit the gym bro. A quarter of a freakin TON??????????!!!!!!!!!
Old 18th December 2013, 17:11   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Guys, plenty of difference from both posts. Shubz post says there is lot of difference in length and wheelbase but, Ram's post slightly contradicts it and says difference is not that much

Which is true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It would be great if you and Ram do a dragrace ( in a closed and secure environment ofcourse) and let us know the results
mb008,

The Bonnie figures I have quoted are from my owners mannual and its the same as the CoC (Certificate of Confirmation) given by Triumph UK when I was bringing the bike in to India).

As Shub had quoted the website figures for Bonnie - I have quoted the Iorn's figures from the HD UK site. So the contradictions.

Even if we find a closed and secure environment or a dragstip in other words, I have no intention of dragging my beutiful lass in to any sort of competetion, to give you any evil pleasure

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 17:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Man both are hugely heavy bikes.

Shubz you really need to hit the gym bro. A quarter of a freakin TON??????????!!!!!!!!!
I have been a gym freak for a while now. Ram sir - could you please tell, if I was struggling to handle the quarter tonner?
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 18:23   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I have been a gym freak for a while now. Ram sir - could you please tell, if I was struggling to handle the quarter tonner?
Just kidding man. Am sure she must be poetry in motion. Enjoy!

Just get a pillion along at the IBW to help you back her into position.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 18:33   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Just kidding man. Am sure she must be poetry in motion. Enjoy!

Just get a pillion along at the IBW to help you back her into position.
Shubz was able to put her on the Centre Stand whilst he was still seated - in the true Filmy Hero/Villain istyle.

Oops !!! - AW doesn't have a centre stand

You guys are planning to ride to Goa for the IBW ?

A pillion is a good idea at least to keep your back warm

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 18th December 2013 at 18:35.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 18:39   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
You guys are planning to ride to Goa for the IBW ?
May not be in the country around then. Had been for the first one. Had a blast. A must-do in the Indian biker calendar, and hope this year is even better. Goa, bikes, and nice people to wash those bikes for you - its a winning formula.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 13:28   #187
Senior - BHPian

Road Tax Calculation

Hello guys, I need some help

Do you now what is the % of Life Time Tax in Bangalore? Any Idea what are the elements that is taken in to account to decide the basis price on which the tax is calculated.

It will be a great help if any of you can provide the contact of any one who has imported a bike or car and registered it in Banagalore

I know bro Srini has imported a HD, but he I think has regiterd it in Coimabtore

I just want to cross verify the tax amount I have paid, that is all.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks and Best Regards

Ram
Old 11th May 2014, 20:13   #188
Senior - BHPian

First Service In Bangalore

As I had posted in the Triumph Launch thread, the Bangalore dealer, Keerthi Motors had agreed to do the servicing of my bike.

Took it in by about 3.00 pm on 9th May. On cards were the follwing
  1. Oil Change
  2. Oil Filter hange
  3. Brake Fluid Change
  4. 20,000 KM Service and Checkup
  5. ECM Evaluation
  6. Pollution Control Certificate (as an old bike it requires 6 monthly certification as per MV act I believe)
Prasanna, the Service Manager said bike should be ready by 3.00 pm on 10th May, sure enough I got a call at 2.30 pm fro Keerthi Triumph that my bike was ready.

When I went in at 3.30 pm I was greated by a gleeming Bonney - they had thrown in a full detailing of the bike as well.

Items 1 to 5 were completed. However they could not do 6 as the RTO online system with the PC Testing centre had not been updated with Triumph as a make in the dropdown menu. The dealer promised that they will take it up with RTO and will have it place soon!

The ECM Eval report and test report copies were made avilable to me on request. I saw in the Eval report one item which showed as having been corrected.

I questioned the Service Manager and James the Service Techie (quiet enthusiastic and knowledgible fellow). Their reply convinced me that they have indeed done a good job in the evaluation.

They told me that this bike was tuned for Sweden standards and as such it had been set for Fuel of 94 Ron plus, as per the system details from ECM and Triumph systems. (My bike was manufactured in UK and was one of the stock destined for Sweden, but got diverted to Doha, Qatar at the shipment stage, I bought the bike from the Qatar dealer - a fact, I knew from the Swedish hand book I got originally with the bike). I hadn't disclosed this to any one in India or in any of my blogs. So the fact Keerthi Triumph knew this showed that they did do a ECM eval

The fact that it showed slight hesitation when I was using non-Shell petrol, would explain the 94 Ron setting

Based on the eval they downloaded the correct tune which would enable 91 Ron an above. The bike was sounding very smooth.

The total Bill was INR 6,300/-

The service and attitude of staff was excellent.

Rode out of the showroom and the bike was feeling quite smooth overall, at the 5.00 pm traffic of Bangalore, could not really open her out.

This morning took her out for a short run up to Nandi Hills and then up to Bagepalli (up to the border). The bike was butter smooth and pulling well and were able to do speeds, which she was used to in UAE (though at shorter strtches)

Yesterday the bike was looking so geaming, I had to take few pictures of her.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_0779a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_0780a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_0782a.jpg  

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 11th May 2014 at 20:15.
r_nairtvm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 08:35   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Ram for your 1st service of your Bonnie in India.

Seems like the service cost is standard pricing across the dealerships of Rs.6300 for regular service and consumables replacement

Just cannot beileve your bike is 5 years old. It looks fantastic and glad to know it can look like that even after 5 years with minimum cosmetic care

Have some queries regarding your Bonnie :-

1. Is your front wheel 19" inch?

2. Did you face any punctures till date and does it require removing entire wheel? If yes how difficult or easy it is?

3. What's the FE that you get normally?

4. Whats the air pressure you normally keep? Iam on 36(R) and 32 (F)

5. Dimension wise your Bonnie looks slightly bigger ( not sure if its angle of pictures) but, seems more like the size of T100 which is little bigger than SE

6. Are you running on 2nd set of tyres? Which brand and model number is it? Please do share the pricing info as well

Sorry for rattling off so many questions

Keep sharing your ride details and pictures on a regular basis !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th May 2014 at 17:40. Reason: added some missing points
Old 14th May 2014, 09:43   #190
BHPian

I had been to the Service Centre on Saturday to get a couple of protectors fitted to my bike. I did see your bike and it was clearly distinctive and I asked James about it, he told this is a 5 years old bike from the Middle East. He wasn't sure of the owners name, I helped him in knowing that

Indeed the front 19" spoked wheels give it a much bigger feel and looks dinstinctive. Other differences I noticed were the analog meter, more of alloy and the rear appears different without the grab handle.

Last edited by abarsenal : 14th May 2014 at 10:01.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:13   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post
He wasn't sure of the owners name, I helped him in knowing that

Indeed the front 19" spoked wheels give it a much bigger feel and looks dinstinctive. Other differences I noticed were the analog meter, more of alloy and the rear appears different without the grab handle.
That explains. When I reached there by about 4.00 pm, James addressed me by name and I was surprised a wee bit (as we hadn't been introduced).

Look like we missed each other by a short margin as well - next time. I will be in town coming Satrurdya - if you are free we can do a short ride ?

The rear grab rails were never installed, its with me at home.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 14th May 2014, 20:25   #192
RVD
BHPian

Quote:
That explains. When I reached there by about 4.00 pm, James addressed me by name and I was surprised a wee bit (as we hadn't been introduced).

Look like we missed each other by a short margin as well - next time. I will be in town coming Satrurdya - if you are free we can do a short ride ?

The rear grab rails were never installed, its with me at home.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
What a beauty you have there!!! The stance looks soo good and the bike does not show its age at all. Is the front 19" or 18" ?? I had actually booked a ST even before the launch in India . Took a test ride of the bonnie and was sold. It is such a sweet bike. The problem now is that I am going back and forth between the ST and the bonnie and just not able to decide as they are both so good in their own respect. Am not a big fan of the alloys on the Bonnie SE. Will probably decide between the Thruxton or the ST.

RVD
RVD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 22:01   #193
BHPian

Quote:
It would be my pleasure riding with you, but I'm a bit occupied this weekend - maybe next time when you are in town.

In my previous post, one correction I forgot to make was the use of "alloy". I actually wanted to say "more of chrome(or a dull metal look)" pointing to the engine case, which is blacked out in Bonnies sold here.
Old 28th May 2014, 17:10   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post
It would be my pleasure riding with you, but I'm a bit occupied this weekend - maybe next time when you are in town.
abarsenal,

How come your PM is not on ?

Free to ride on 1st June ? I will be in town . You can PM me, if you want

Best Regards & thanks

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 00:22   #195
BHPian

Its my pleasure to announce, Ram sir is officially a BRAT . We did meet and joined other BRATs ride to Hotel Kamat near Chikkaballapur.

Here's a pic of all bikes from the ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img20140601wa007.jpg  

Most Viewed