Team-BHP - Dream come True. Got my new Suzuki Hayabusa
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Dream come True. Got my new Suzuki Hayabusa (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/79485-dream-come-true-got-my-new-suzuki-hayabusa-13.html)

Posing Time with Despoine

Awesome!!!! When will you celebrate your 4th anniversary with Despoine? :)

I believe you have breached the 30,000 kms mark. A break up of expenses & experiences would be wonderful to read & I am sure, you would love to share :)

Long rides planned?

Well how difficult exactly is it to drive that thing slowly! ? I mean do u need a surgeons precision on the throttle ?? I am sure the pickup of that 1300 cc engine must be life threatening!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportz_kruzer (Post 3467339)
Well how difficult exactly is it to drive that thing slowly! ? I mean do u need a surgeons precision on the throttle ?? I am sure the pickup of that 1300 cc engine must be life threatening!

They are not difficult to ride slowly at all..its just how much one wants to twist his right wrist. The bike is a brute when you want her to be otherwise they are docile rockets. I ride my ninja at 60-80 in top gear in the city and she is fine..mind you i am not an experienced rider at all. Due to both bikes weight, in slow moving traffic you would feel it, but once you are in motion they feel just like a 600 or 1000 cc bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3467647)
They are not difficult to ride slowly at all..its just how much one wants to twist his right wrist. The bike is a brute when you want her to be otherwise they are docile rockets. I ride my ninja at 60-80 in top gear in the city and she is fine..mind you i am not an experienced rider at all. Due to both bikes weight, in slow moving traffic you would feel it, but once you are in motion they feel just like a 600 or 1000 cc bike.

On a not totally unrelated note, I've been hearing horror stories of the braking (or the lack of it) on the Gen-1 Busa. Any pointers as to how true they are? A close friend is looking to pick one and was asking for suggestions.

P.S. Apologies for hijacking your thread Ram, but I couldn't find a more suitable thread for this query. :)

@dreamseller - The Gen 1 was notorious for its lack of braking prowess in hauling the big girl down. The brakes per se are not bad but because of the weight and the ferocity with which this bike achieves speed they feel inadequate.
It would be appropriate to upgrade the lines , get better pads and maybe the discs. For a more comprehensive upgrade , changing the MC and the calipers is the way to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 3548216)
@dreamseller - The Gen 1 was notorious for its lack of braking prowess in hauling the big girl down. The brakes per se are not bad but because of the weight and the ferocity with which this bike achieves speed they feel inadequate.
It would be appropriate to upgrade the lines , get better pads and maybe the discs. For a more comprehensive upgrade , changing the MC and the calipers is the way to go.

Thank you Bigron for the response. Getting the lines, pads and rotors upgraded is actually a good suggestion. However, I didn't quite understand about changing the MC and calipers: are you suggesting retrofitting the one that comes as OEM on the Gen 2? Or are there aftermarket MC/calipers available, because I'm not aware of the same. If it's the former, please also let me know if retrofitting is feasible. Thanks in advance.

One way is to go in for a Gen 2 forks ,wheel and rotor swap. You can then use spacers and install brembo calipers. This would be expensive but the best bet.You could retain your old wheel but then you would need spacers for rotors because the gen 2 has 310 mm discs and the gen 1 320mm. I would not recommend using rotor spacers that is if you can source them in the first place because they move the shoulder bolts, not a good thing.. Note that your gen 1 front fender will not work with gen 2 forks. I have a gen 2 so have not personally done this swap.

On the other hand , You can go with a direct brembo caliper setup with conversion brackets / adaptor plates . There have been known to be issues in terms of spacing and finding the correct adaptor plates. You would need longer lines.

Also , I have been told Gen 2 MC fits the Gen 1 . Ideally , MC should be changed for that perfect brake feel when doing the calipers.

Congratulations man. Ride safe. Unboxing your dream bike is one of the best feelings in world.

Asking here as I would not know who else would be able to help me.
1. IS the new Hayabusa coming to India anytime soon.
2. If yes, when?
TIA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil (Post 4662591)
2. If yes, when?
TIA.

Not anytime soon but most are guessing it should be here sometime in 2021 not before that, and most of that is just speculation to be honest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil (Post 4662591)
2. If yes, when?
TIA.

That is a question every Hayabusa owner around the world has been asking for years now.

It is hard to believe that in this age where 2 models that are only a year apart can be as different as chalk and cheese, this old girl has stayed same since 2008.

People are gobsmacked when I tell them my bike does not even have ABS let alone any other electronic wizardry.

2020 is just BRG ( Brand new Graphics).

The thing is, Suzuki needs to really invest in the new Hayabusa in order to compete . They are not doing well in US of A to warrant that investment.

With Kawasaki taking the game forward so much, they will need some sort of forced induction or big bore to be relevant. The market has moved since the falcon decimated everyone. The liter class have become powerful, super fast and very safe. Suzuki needs a miracle to save the big girl. But the legacy has already been cemented.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 4664760)
2020 is just BRG ( Brand new Graphics).

That is a really good acronym! BNG should be the new 'too long; didn't read' verdict used in reviews for new models that are essentially a sticker upgrade.