Team-BHP - Dream come True. Got my new Suzuki Hayabusa
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Dream come True. Got my new Suzuki Hayabusa (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/79485-dream-come-true-got-my-new-suzuki-hayabusa-7.html)

Its been exactly one year that Despoine walked into my life
Happy B'day to her clap:
Finally Despoine is all decked up with her crown
I put in the Cowl today for the first time and boy, she looks hot in it..
Chek it out ....lol:

Looks Hot. Btw, one year or one month? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRRaj (Post 1882577)
Looks Hot. Btw, one year or one month? :D

She is one month old now ;)

Wow That's great. How many kms it has clocked till now?
What is the mileage & cost of service?

Lovely machine. Congrats man. May I know the how much moolah it extracted to own it?

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Ram's Log : 16th May 2010

Despoine was very excited about her first trip outta Mumbai where she would be on the go to open up and tempt me to let go of the throttle. I was hoping wiser sense would prevail as i am not yet ready to take that leap of SPEED UNLIMITED. Still a newbie you see.

The excitement percolated down to me and kept me awake the latter part of Saturday Nite. What would have been a partying time, was spend @ HOME, quality time with family, yet the mind wandering off to, what the ride had in score for me.

Ride was with fellow xbhpian's : Had confirmation of 30 odd riders joining in and among them would be 4 SBK's. This was also supposed to be first Mumbai Pune G2G (correct me if im wrong). So was anticpating few SBK's from Pune too.
Was to meet at Bandra @ 6.00 am, so got up @ 4.00
Was all ready at 4.45, Fully geared, raring to GO.
I'm a late Riser, but that day, when the open western express roads beckon, i was really thinking hard and grinning away to glory "It Sure pays to get up early - Despoine gets a good PlayGround".
So probably there would be more early mornings for me now.
What with the short rides within city, in mid-day making a tandoori out of my thighs, these early morning scene made me happy as a kid in a candy store.

Met Naval who had come from Chandigarh ( he is a Black Gold Busa Owner ), who happened to be in kandivli at that earthly hour. Caught up with him for microseconds, and he too was happy to see Despoine, more than me (kiddin !!!). Zipped on to Goregaon to meet some more xbhpian's and headed of to BKC signal. It was very tempting to zip zap on those empty roads, but i din venture beyond 100. Self imposed for me at that point of time.
Could see a large formation already at the BKC Signal. I went into BKC to feed Despoine, her Diet 97 SPEED. All tanked up, came back to BKC Signal. Huge crowd there, some xbhpian's and others - spectators. Mostly assuming that there is a race nearby and we are warming up
Few people actually walked up to ask where is the race. We were polite enough to say that NO RACES. Few riders did turn out without gear inspite of repeated instructions on the G2G thread. Was worrying enough for me as i was fully geared and wondering if they ride close to me and not follow formation rules, i would have to be slowing down often as im a newbie and yet to get a hold on Despoine. But thats a part of the ride.

Started as a team from there, and was fun to begin with : right till the end i would say. Almost all had perfect road discipline and that set me off my worry hook. I got accustomed and then it was a fun drive till vashi, where we met other riders.

We took the palm beach road from vashi which connects to the uran panvel road and the entire ride till lonavala was a breeze. Many stretches were tempting to open the throttle, but i kinda stayed in limits, being below 100 and less than 4k rpm

We fuelled ourselves at RamKrishna at Lonavala where we meet members from Pune and feasted on a brand new CBR1000 and an older fireblade. Then we went off to Amby Valley. The roads were a pleasure to drive what with the newly laid asphalt and the twisties. I did slow down a lot of times at the steep turns.

Followed some photo shoots at Amby Valley and a memorable trip back home

Some pics of the ride :

Pic Credits : Santosh Gambhire

Today got the first service done
The service guys came to office and did the service
Oil Change, Oil Filter and chain lubed
Other than that the usual checks..
Saw the Busa being opened for the first time lol:
Just the Fuel Tank
Din have to open the fairing though
Sharing some pics

What registration number are you waiting for? (I see you're still running on temp plates).

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 1909100)
What registration number are you waiting for? (I see you're still running on temp plates).

I guess its the one in his signature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 1909100)

my final regn number is yet to come... lol:

Nice meet you seem to have had. Even I am hooked on to the Busa now and am slowly planning for it. A neighbour of mine recently picked up a Intruder, and saw it getting delivered.

Right now, am pondering and hoping to be the next person to get a Busa.

Be very careful while riding the Busa.....pls dont ever overspeed or take it over 150kmph on State Highways and National Highways with turns and village by lanes.Only exceed 200kmph on the Golden Quadrilateral or on interstates.
Please make sure that you are not drowsy or falling sleepy while enjoying the blasts of this bike.Can be really fatal.Please dont take risks while riding this,ride with your mind and love it with you heart.The bike returns about 18-19kmpl mileage on Highways.

Please keep her well maintained........please ride her safe.
It is also my dream bike.I hope Suzuki never closes its production,till I buy one.
Congrats on your new white horse. :thumbs up

Congratulations on the new ride.

Quick question - how does the insurance work for bikes like this in India? Is it tied to the bike's engine size / performance figures? How much is it for you, if you don't mind me asking?

Safe driving!

Congratulations for you new ride! It indeed a god blessing! Can you please tell me whats the deal with the white domes back rest like thing behind the seat? it is some kind of a cover for the pilion seat? how does it work/what is it ? if you may please clarify?