Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2005, 12:32   #16
BANNED

Before RC 51, there was RC 30 which kicked Suzuki, Yamaha and Ducati ass to win 5 US Superbike titles with Fred Merkel, they the all conquering RC 45 and now RC51, lets not forget Honda VTR1000, point is, Honda always ruled the roost of HP in race, Honda machines have always needed better riders as their chassis are easily overwhelmed by the HP, take Wayne Gardner in the 90s against Rainey, he would blow Rainey's Yamaha on straights only to be caught in the corners as his Honda would simply spin the rears with ease, same thing against Suzuki's Schwantz. Also Tadahika Tairo's fuel injected Honda NSR hit 211mph, when the best Yamaha was doing was 178MPH. Honda simply is not interested in the consumer segment as it is futile, even Yamaha is staying off the bragging leaving it to smaller players like Kawasaki and Suzuki, point is, where will you hit 200MPH, not in US, I guarantee you that.
Old 16th October 2005, 12:34   #17
BHPian

hi guys,,
i have a ninja zx 12rr,, and i plan to sell it,, it's a 2003 model and done bout 6300km in all,,
any one interested,, can contact,,
regards,,
driven
Old 16th October 2005, 23:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

: Dosent the ZX-14R look inspired from the Busa in terms of appearance ?
Old 17th October 2005, 02:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

has to be the same kinda design coz when you put that much power in use the bike needs to be streamlined to take that force of air.

about Honda winning the titles as you said. I dont see much difference between the number of awards won by the companies. never heard of RC40 or Rc45 though. Kawasaki and suzuki are no small players by any margin. the difference is very minute in the sales.
Old 18th October 2005, 22:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
: Dosent the ZX-14R look inspired from the Busa in terms of appearance ?
there is no ZX-14R man,it does not carry the 'R' tag,its just a ZX-14..
Old 19th October 2005, 00:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

watever. lets chuck the initials.LOL
Old 19th October 2005, 10:05   #22
BANNED

Devarishi,

Honda and Yamaha have way more titles, check the stats, you may consider them un-important but they represent cutting edge, Suzuki and Kawasaki have far less resources or talent than Yamaha or Honda and thats a fact based on records, actually even Ducati is far better off than Kawasaki and Suzuki.

Honda made RC-45 after RC-30, there was no RC-40 as to my knowledge.
Old 20th October 2005, 00:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

about the RC's I have only heard about the Rc51.

Kawsaki and suzuki maybe small. But the comparision is very minute. Kawasaki and suzuki are not less talented or with less resources. It is a myth. Infact hayabusa and ninjas are better than many Honda and yamaha bikes. If I had to choose 1 it would be

1. A yamaha R1
2. kawasaki ninja zx-10R
3. Bimota tesi 2d (a modern artistic dream superbike.)
Old 20th October 2005, 01:18   #24

Driven,

Is the bike in Delhi? When was it imported? Are you the first owner?

Sunny
Old 20th October 2005, 08:49   #25
BANNED

If Honda or Yamaha are myth, no wonder between them they have all the titles, it comes from talent, not myth. Except for one with Sheene and few with Shwantz, Suzuki has nothing to show, Kawasaki has few if no titles.

Agostini, Hailwood, Roberts Sr., Mamola, Merkel, Lawson, Spencer, Rainey, Gardner, Doohan and now Rossi, need I mention more.

No comparison between the Gods and commoners.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

You mean to say that MItsubishi is the biggest Japanese brand followed by Subaru just because they have all the rally titles to their name.
Old 20th October 2005, 13:25   #27
BHPian

hi sunny,,
dont know the details, bought this bike from a friend,,
but the bike is in mint condition,,
if u want i can send u pic's,,
regards,
driven
Old 20th October 2005, 14:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
about the RC's I have only heard about the Rc51.

Kawsaki and suzuki maybe small. But the comparision is very minute. Kawasaki and suzuki are not less talented or with less resources. It is a myth. Infact hayabusa and ninjas are better than many Honda and yamaha bikes.

Kawasaki & Suzuki are small players compared to Honda & Yamaha, especially when you consider the racing expertise of the latter two. And they definitely have less deeper pockets than these two.

In what way are the Hayabusa & Ninja better? They just have bigger engines & more concentration on aerodynamics. In fact the aerodynamics are more a necessity & any aerodynamics engineer worth his salt can do what has been achieved with these bikes.

Make no mistake, I am a big fan of Kawasaki, but making superbikes is all about having a good track record also (pun intended). Unfortunately none of them are winning on the track. Neither are Suzukis. I am not saying they are less capable. They just don't have the kind of race experience that Honda & Yamaha do. Therefore, if tomorrow the latter decide to compete against the Ninja & Busa, we can be sure that better bikes will be made.
Old 20th October 2005, 17:37   #29
BANNED

Devarishi,

Racing and winning for consecutive times takes huge amount of talent pool and the right implementation of ideas, OTOH, slapping a huge engine and taking bragging rights for the fastest on the road is not really a challenge specially if the real big players are not taking it up including Ducati, check out Isle of Man and see how the Hayabusa or the Kawasaki ZXR-14 fares against the likes of VTR1000 from Honda or R-I. I spent limited time on WERA with Team Action Yamaha from Methuchen, NJ, trust me, our FZR-750R would be blown to bits by the Honda RC-30 then, even though Yamaha's superior cornering speed would make us catch with the Honda boys, at straights the Honda blew us away. Took Yamaha almost seven years of no title to catch up with Honda's 4 stroke tech, that too with Rossi at the helm, do you think making top notch racing engines is that easy as slapping a big bore and bragging about theoretical street top speed.

Ferrari doesn't have the fastest machine on the road and neither does Porsche, does that make them inferior in any way to others, don't think so.
Old 21st October 2005, 02:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

I never said making the fastest bikes is a question here. I myself wont ever buy a busa or the 12r-14r ninja.

but my question here is

what is the difference between a nissan skyline, toyota supra nad honda s200???

toyota is first and honda is the third biggest manufacturer but not much differentiates the cars they make.

If I remember correctly it was kawasaki to bring in Ram air, yamaha brought FI and honda introduced 5 valves. I dont see a reason how suzuki kawasaki and yamaha fail to match honda.

what honda does in bikes racing is similar to what mitsubishi does in rallies. Pour in lot of finances to win titles. I respect every brand here though.

Most Viewed