Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 13:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

A fitting write up for a deserving bike.

Congrats mate.. you have brought out the emotion so well that it was as if i was there in the twisties on the bike.

Nice gear too and good line regarding sweating than bleeding

Ride safe!
Old 29th April 2010, 13:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Awesome writeup. I really love the way you put your emotions into words, It like 4D
I just experienced the entire ride on the Ducati and it was really fun. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Old 29th April 2010, 14:00   #18
BHPian

Superb writeup sir.. You are absolutly one lucky bugger to be able to own such a beautiful piece of art/machiery.. And black is absolutly the most awesome color... btw OT are you a writer or somethin????because the whole review was jus mind blowing... one of the best i've read so far here..
Old 29th April 2010, 14:30   #19
BHPian

Awesome Bike that you have got there with equally good writing skills.
Only Ducati can make twin vertical headlamps look gorgeous!
Rated five stars.
Old 29th April 2010, 17:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic, man!

From the time you first put up your intro on Team-BHP, i could tell you had something special for the 999.

You spoke of the 911 and CTS-V/Solstice etc fondly, but the way you mentioned the Duc clearly put it above the rest. Was waiting for this writeup! Great one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
...A sound so glorious you really have to be a child to appreciate its awesomeness. I rev it every time I pass kids just to see their eyes light up and see those cute pointy fingers....
^ I loved this part.

All it takes for a child is one life changing close-encounter, (assuming the correct genes are present), which will transform them into an auto-lover forever. I'm sure you're responsible for spawning a bunch of them.

Videos + sound are a must!

cya
R
Old 29th April 2010, 18:01   #21
BHPian

WOW!! its not just the bike alone, but the way you had put it!! awesome write up!! and i have just fallen in love with your bike!!
Keep it up buddy!!
Cheers!!
Old 29th April 2010, 19:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

That's one fabulous write up on the Ducati, Its quite evident that you are deeply in love with this Bike.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, hope to see more of such write ups
Old 29th April 2010, 20:04   #23
BHPian

Thanks for the kind and overwhelming responses. I'll post videos once I get the bike out of storage. It's still a little cold for my taste and moreover there is still gravel on the curves. I promise I'll update this thread whenever possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
what made you settle 999 & not 996 or 1098?
For one, the 1098 was not out yet when I bought mine. The 996 had the 'Desmoquattro' engine. The 998 had the first 'Testaretta' engine. Even now, the more I look at 999, the more I feel it was way ahead of its time. Just look at the side stand and the triple clamps and compare them to the 1098. They're works of art. The 999 was sold for $18k while the 1098 was sold for $15k. That says something. For eg; the 999 has metal gas tanks while the 1098 has fiber glass. My personal belief is that from a design stand point, the 1098 was a step backwards. But its been a huge hit with the public and there is no doubting its technological advances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vys De BlUR View Post
btw OT are you a writer or somethin???
No, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. This forum is the first place I posted reviews of some of my wheels.
Old 29th April 2010, 20:26   #24
BHPian

VLOCT, I really enjoyed your writeup! Your taste and writting skills are awesome. One of the best reviews I have read. I liked your review of the 911 too. You sure have skill! ever considered being an auto journalist?!
Old 29th April 2010, 21:21   #25
BHPian

Excellent writeup! Enjoy every bit of it. The best was of it: “Do you want me to stay young or join the minivan crowd?” - Awesome.

Voted. Good to see a one day old thread has 5 star rating. Keep writing.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Sweet ride!! Congrats buddy! Definitely a superb bike to own.
Here's wishing you mile and miles of safe riding..
Old 29th April 2010, 21:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Wow what a ride!! I love your style of writing and the way you explained your experience was simply awesome.

My friend says the difference between a Ducati and a Jap bike is "Jap bikes are like a Jap wife. They will do what you ask them to do and always perform well when required. Ducati is like an Italian supermodel. Its got mood swings and thus you got to tend her well...as when she performs she Blows you away"

Keep ridin...life is too short to just keep dreaming
Old 30th April 2010, 01:38   #28
BHPian

WOW..!!!!
Straight from the heart and very insightful sir. 999 looks menacing. I've had a huge CRUSH on it for a long long time. May you have a safe and millions of miles togetherness.
Old 30th April 2010, 01:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Magnifico ! Awe ! Can't find the appropriate words, Amazing write up there bro, Quite obvious one should envy you for owning a bike of that sort, but now you get envies for you penning skills as well. Congrats on the great buy ! Ride Safe ! My love, to your Duke.
Old 30th April 2010, 08:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For one, the 1098 was not out yet when I bought mine
Well, another question - did you buy this motorcycle recently or long back?

Quote:
The 996 had the 'Desmoquattro' engine. The 998 had the first 'Testaretta' engine. Even now, the more I look at 999, the more I feel it was way ahead of its time. Just look at the side stand and the triple clamps and compare them to the 1098. They're works of art. The 999 was sold for $18k while the 1098 was sold for $15k. That says something. For eg; the 999 has metal gas tanks while the 1098 has fiber glass. My personal belief is that from a design stand point, the 1098 was a step backwards. But its been a huge hit with the public and there is no doubting its technological advances.
Thanks for the education; appreciate it. I didn't know this before & was under the impression that most of the Ducati's engine were all the same & the numbers represented the upgraded engine's thought most of them are like 996-998-999-1098-1198 series. You've given work to me - a lot to learn

Last edited by aargee : 30th April 2010 at 08:51.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks