Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 23:19   #16
BHPian

I'm surprised when u say that bikes in IND is gonna be 95+ rating..
Dyna/sportster are made in KS and I thought wouldnt they come with 91+
Rest all range are made in york,PA...

There is a guy in HOU/TX...He is a indy dealer "danny's cycle shop" he can reprogram your ECU to 91+ rating.

Lemme know if you need something on this
Old 10th May 2010, 06:00   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
I'm surprised when u say that bikes in IND is gonna be 95+ rating..
Dyna/sportster are made in KS and I thought wouldnt they come with 91+
Rest all range are made in york,PA...

There is a guy in HOU/TX...He is a indy dealer "danny's cycle shop" he can reprogram your ECU to 91+ rating.

Lemme know if you need something on this
Inspite of which plant the bike is made in, HD's come in 3 different specs according to their website. US, International (EU), and Japan specs. They have different ECU programming,dB level difference, and sprocket size as well, I believe.

I could take my ECU to TX on my next trip there, but I doubt if it was that easy, since some mod/removal(?) of O2 sensors might also be required. Moreover, I am hoping for a more permanent fix from HD India as this will affect other non metro buyers as well. I know at least 2-3 people interested to buy and we all need a solution.
Old 10th May 2010, 08:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
All bikes imported to India above 800cc have to meet EU standards...
Thanks for enlightening me on this, let me try & help to see what I can find out for you.

Quote:
Octane boosters are my only temporary solution and they dont always work with all brands premium fuels. Moreover, they are hard to come by, and a bother to carry along, worry about paint damage due to spilling, etc, etc.
Any additives or something? Just picking the idea from thin air.

Quote:
Just want to talk to someone knowledgeable about possibility of ECU remap, or long term damage due to knocking, and possible fixes. I have been doing the oil and filter changes myself, and some mods like forward controls and SE filters. A checkup of my bike wouldn't hurt either, I guess.
ECU remap? Well, the only option I can think of is getting it from US & most importantly it is safe too. How about shooting an email to HD about this? Wouldn't they help? or how about plonking the ECU from the "for India" HD to yours?

@obaidhakim - Thanks for sharing the pics, appreciate if you can give us a short narration about the event. Tks.

Last edited by aargee : 10th May 2010 at 08:14.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:04   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Thanks for enlightening me on this, let me try & help to see what I can find out for you.

Any additives or something? Just picking the idea from thin air.

ECU remap? Well, the only option I can think of is getting it from US & most importantly it is safe too. How about shooting an email to HD about this? Wouldn't they help? or how about plonking the ECU from the "for India" HD to yours?
aargee, I suggest you review my thread on this mentioned in earlier post titled "Harley Knocking - Help needed". Some suggestions were bounced around, and since there was not a direct contact email listed at the time for HD India, I was relying on GTO to get me some feedback from HD India.

There is now a direct contact email ID available, and I have written my query to them. Hope to get some reply soon.

Cheers.
Old 15th May 2010, 23:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yes I was there, got to ride the Nightster and the XR1200X. Didn't come back too happy though.
Old 16th May 2010, 00:31   #21
Team-BHP Support

Why not happy? What's your feedback on the Nighster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Yes I was there, got to ride the Nightster and the XR1200X. Didn't come back too happy though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks