Team-BHP - Harley Davidson models & Prices in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley Davidson models & Prices in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/85288-harley-davidson-models-prices-india-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecast (Post 1984574)
Great pics Sushil.
Chandigarh is on high list of automarkers first was Porsche and Harley .

Umm.. The name is SUMIT .
Very Nice pictures . Will visit this place soon .

Gr8 Pictures.. Will go tomorrow to visit the showroom, just for a visit for now..lol:

Any pictures available of the HD Hyderabad showroom guyes..??? I am eager to see those.please:

I contacted the Harley dealer in Mumbai. They said that all 883L, 883R and XL 1200N booking for this year are over!!! The fellow was trying to push me to buy XR1200X -- I think that is the worst bike on Harley's line-up!!!

Okay this is the extract from the Harley guy's reply to my email on booking an 883L:

'Hey Sam,thats a great choice of machine but unfortunately we are completely booked on the XL88L,XL883R & XL1200N however we do have one model in the Sportster family available which is the XR1200X an amazing machine which is specially built for the streets.Bookings have already begun and still on ,The above attachment includes bikes launched in India .
The response in India has been overwhelming with our numbers increasing on a daily basis,the first edition of motorcycles which are to be launched in India will have a exclusive logo on the engine stating "FIRST TO RIDE IN INDIA".These motorcycles will hold a special significance for our customers for years to come in terms of value,history & legacy.

Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of genuine motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear , apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at http://www.harley-davidson.com.
If any queries on Prices/Technical details please do not hesitate to contact us.
Come be a part of the legacy..........................

We also have finance option's available through ICICI .'

is it that hardlyANYdavidson is really skeptical of selling numbers of SBK like SUZUKI/YAMAHA/HONDA that they are playing very cautious by booking the bike then ordering the same nos from the us company so that dealers dont feel dead with dead stock ... Usually when we order SBK from the other three legendary co we get the bike in about a weeks time cox they are so sure of their products that they have stocked enough bikes for India sales. hardly should learn some tip from these cos ! If they keep bikes in stock may be they attract more customers cox of immediacy of delivery (though thats a distant dream for hardlyANYdavidson to outnumber the other legendary BIKE manufacturer cos in india, a usual answer from this company is that they dont have targeted figure of sales in India such apity that they cant put those numbers on display for people to know HDs day dreams)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSC.CUSTOMS (Post 1984731)
Umm.. The name is SUMIT .
Very Nice pictures . Will visit this place soon .

Thanks for correcting. My name is Sumit.

I was at DT mall today and visited Harley showroom again. XR 1200X is SOLD.

I saw the HD line-up in the 'Banjara Halrey Davidson' launch in Hyderabad last week. Seeing them in flesh was pure magic! I know they cost twice as much but man! standing next to the Knightrod was,.. well words fail me!

@ Leepower - to be honest the XR1200X pretty mean in the flesh! All Matt styling was awesome! something that HD should stay away from making are the Dyna range!

My Budget doesn't give me much joy - else I'd love to have the KnightRod, however the XL1200N would defenitely rake high on the charts.

Oh! if wishes were horses...I'd sell my stable to buy a HD

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitBahl (Post 1985806)
Thanks for correcting. My name is Sumit.

I was at DT mall today and visited Harley showroom again. XR 1200X is SOLD.

Sorry Sumit for my mistake.I have very close friend in Chandigarh his name is Sushil so when i was seeing pics of chandigarh by mistake i typed his name..

Sorry once again Sumit...But Harley is in big demand in CHD..I remmber in early 2000 -2001 we used to see Bullet on garri route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbolover (Post 1985869)

@ Leepower - to be honest the XR1200X pretty mean in the flesh! All Matt styling was awesome! something that HD should stay away from making are the Dyna range!

I completely agree with you. It looks totally wicked in flesh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leepower (Post 1985577)
The fellow was trying to push me to buy XR1200X -- I think that is the worst bike on Harley's line-up!!!

Okay this is the extract from the Harley guy's reply to my email on booking an 883L:

You should check this bike in person. Total mean street stuff. I liked it a lot.
Infact, XR1200X is my favorite bike in harley lineup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecast (Post 1985938)
Sorry Sumit for my mistake.I have very close friend in Chandigarh his name is Sushil so when i was seeing pics of chandigarh by mistake i typed his name..

Sorry once again Sumit...But Harley is in big demand in CHD..I remmber in early 2000 -2001 we used to see Bullet on garri route.

Thats alright. Not that big a deal!!! :)

Geri route was at its peak in 2000-01.
I joined DAV College in 1998. Geri route, these days in nothing compared to when I was in college.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 1976500)
This data is already on the harley website. I think it would help if someone posted the on road prices if they have access.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1976985)
But Jkdas, this is a old news & their website - Harley-Davidson India - Home has this information on their product catalog.
Aren't these pics from their

brochure?

The discussion turned out to quiet topical is in't it, and JKD did the right thing by bringing this up agaian.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1981047)
@Manson - how do you say they're being over priced?
Take the 883L that's priced about $7K in US; the same should cost about 3.5L here. Considering the import duty of 60+30+18% tax of Indian Govt, it should cost about 7L & its priced around 7L.

If at all you consider they're costing exhorbidantly, then the Thanks should go towards the tax.

I am attaching herewith the current prices of HD from the Dubai Dealer, as put up in Wheels Magazine this week.

The Prices shown are in AED (ROE - 12.75) and the Customs duty here is 4% levied on the CIF Value

I think as aargee said Govt of India is traeting this as any other vehicle import and the dytu component is pushing the prices high.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:

think as aargee said Govt of India is traeting this as any other vehicle import and the dytu component is pushing the prices high
I know this because all the HD line up are manufactured at Kansas or Milwaukee specially for India & then being brought in as CBU's & obviously CBU's will cost more than CKD's. IMO, the prices of HD's are not likely to come down unless Govt reduces the CBU's tariff as HD does not have any manufacturing plant outside US & that includes China as well.

@Leepower - If the Mumbai guys are pressing for XR1200, try the Bangalore dealer; several weeks ago, they were ready to offer XL883.

For those interesting in all things Harley, here's the other thread that makes for a good read.

She looks like an uptown girl, I am just a downtown guy. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 1988131)
She looks like an uptown girl, I am just a downtown guy. :)

Hey! That is what Billy Joel thought until he landed the uptown girl (in his arms) in the 1983 Grammy nominated video - Uptown Girl

So don't give up oneday you may stradle herlol:

Best Regards & Drive/Ride safe

Ram

:OT
I am posting the link to the video, for those who care. It is one of my all time favourite song video.

With the Rolls, HDs and other WS background I am sure that it would be favorite with many a Petrolhead.

I just love the expression on the Chauffers face when the guys are touching the Rolls.

Billy finally got the Uptown girl (Chritine Brinkley)on the HD in the video. In real life they married in 1985 but I think they separated in the late 90s.

Billy Joel - Uptown Girl | SPIKE

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecast (Post 1984574)
Great pics Sushil.
Chandigarh is on high list of automarkers first was Porsche and Harley .

Makes for an extremely good market for low volume, yet expensive and flashy automobiles, or just about anything else.

manson.