Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2019, 14:02   #91
BHPian

Re: Living with the Yamaha MT-01 : 20,000 Km report

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
I also realised that I've moved on from big burly bikes.
Why is that so GS? Any particular thing you did not like about these big boys?
Old 21st November 2019, 18:46   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Living with the Yamaha MT-01 : 20,000 Km report

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMan View Post
Why is that so GS? Any particular thing you did not like about these big boys?
I love the bikes no doubt. I just hate the traffic on the highways. Back in the day (yeesh makes me feel so old), a Karizma cruising at 100 Km/h was the fastest think on the highways. It was safe because you were always faster than the idiots around but slow enough to be able to react to any incident.

With superbikes you are now cruising at 120 Km/h which was ok in 2008-9-10. These days every car is being driven by empowered idiots at breakneck speeds. I was doing 140 on the Hayabusa and was unceremoniously overtaken by a Suzuki Swift with a family in it. Another time on the Triumph Tiger at 120 Km/h I was overtaken and deliberately pushed off the road by a Baleno full of temple priests. No doubt they were so intent at looking at the bike that they inadvertently turned into my path but this is the problem.

Too many close calls. How many is too many? I think I've had just under a dozen close calls out of which 3-4 had the potential to be fatal accidents.

That did it for me!

I think everyone reaches a point where priorities change and you become more aware of your mortality and fragility. This happened to me in 2015 and I decided I didn't want to continue anymore. I still ride every now and then but the love for it is subdued by cops, traffic, cattle, lorries and Indians drivers.
gsferrari is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed