Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:07   #91
BANNED

Re: Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Thanks Prasadee. No I have not heard about the Powerlet socket. What is it? Do you have a link where I can get one?
You could mount a socket by the handlebar like so. with a 12V socket like that you can charge your phone GPS etc, using your car adaptors.
Powerbar 7/8" To 1" Black Anodized - Powerlet Products

I have a similar socket with a snapping lid on my VFR. This way you do not need to worry when there is early morning dew or rain messing up the electricals. Powerlet.com has a slew of such products and kits for each bike, with some installation diagrams/instructions. Easy DIY projects for a weekend.

I also have a Ram mount in front of the gas tank to mount the GPS.

Last edited by prasadee : 22nd August 2011 at 23:09.
prasadee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 08:31   #92
Team-BHP Support

I sold my bike today as I am going back to India. Thought of taking the bike to India, but after talking to Shrini78 (creator of the thread Detailed info on importing a bike from USA), changed my mind. The cost factor was not worth the hassle as the same bike has been launched in India at such competitive price. The person who has bought the bike is an avid rider who rode for 2 and half hours on a Ninja 250 to see the bike. I am convinced that he will take good care of the bike. He looked at the bike, liked it and did not even bargain. Here are few pictures -
Attached Thumbnails
Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1177.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1179.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1182.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1184.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1187.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1191.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1199.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1202.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1205.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1216.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1221.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_1228.jpg  

BlackPearl is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 09:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I sold my bike today as I am going back to India. Thought of taking the bike to India, but after talking to Shrini78 (creator of the thread Detailed info on importing a bike from USA), changed my mind. The cost factor was not worth the hassle as the same bike has been launched in India at such competitive price. The person who has bought the bike is an avid rider who rode for 2 and half hours on a Ninja 250 to see the bike. I am convinced that he will take good care of the bike. He looked at the bike, liked it and did not even bargain.
Have been following your thread for quite sometime now. All good times comes to an end. Dont worry, you can start a new memory with a new bike from here

Welcome back to India (in advance).
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 10:05   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I sold my bike today as I am going back to India.
Guess its the question of heart over mind, and feel that you have taken the best possible decision which will work for you. Probably once you are back you can pick up the latest 2012 model .

Welcome to India, which city you are relocating to?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 06:16   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Have been following your thread for quite sometime now. All good times comes to an end. Dont worry, you can start a new memory with a new bike from here

Welcome back to India (in advance).
Thanks _raVan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Guess its the question of heart over mind, and feel that you have taken the best possible decision which will work for you. Probably once you are back you can pick up the latest 2012 model .

Welcome to India, which city you are relocating to?
Thanks ku69rd. I will be relocating to Calcutta.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:50   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I will be relocating to Calcutta.
One of my very dear friend Dr. Parikshit (working at Apollo glen eagles) has booked a 650R too, but he has opted to wait for the '12 model.

Maybe you folks can team up & ride around a bit
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 13:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Back Schumi.

It must have been really sad for you to say Bye to The Green Goblin - You should book the 650R in India when you reach Kolkata. Wish you all the best.

Take care.
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 21:45   #98
BHPian

Brilliant thread mate. Sad to see the bike go, but you can always get a new one here in Calcutta . NH2 and NH6 would keep you entertained for a while.
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 22:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I sold my bike today as I am going back to India.
Sad to part ways with something that you have bonded to, though moving-on seems to be the order of the day. In your case though, you can wish to get the same back home, so cheer.

Quote:
The person who has bought the bike is an avid rider who rode for 2 and half hours on a Ninja 250 to see the bike.........and did not even bargain.

I know this feeling. The guy who got my W124 (and also the one who bought my Prelude) were impressed with what he saw and did not bargain.

In comparison, I was approached by couple of our office-type folks with ridiculous ideas.

Take care. Xenon plans still on?
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 22:56   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Welcome Back Schumi.

It must have been really sad for you to say Bye to The Green Goblin - You should book the 650R in India when you reach Kolkata. Wish you all the best.

Take care.
Thanks Planet. Yes I was really sad but there was no there option. I have understood one thing, not to get attached to cars and bikes because I cannot keep them with me forever. First Blackpearl and now Green Goblin, I can only hope that I don't have to part with such beauties in future, but I am sure thats not going to be the case :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Brilliant thread mate. Sad to see the bike go, but you can always get a new one here in Calcutta . NH2 and NH6 would keep you entertained for a while.
Thanks Motormania. Yes, heard that the 2012 model is even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Sad to part ways with something that you have bonded to, though moving-on seems to be the order of the day. In your case though, you can wish to get the same back home, so cheer.

I know this feeling. The guy who got my W124 (and also the one who bought my Prelude) were impressed with what he saw and did not bargain.

In comparison, I was approached by couple of our office-type folks with ridiculous ideas.
It is very difficult to get such good buyers specially for the niche products, but once in while you do come accross such maniacs :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D
Take care. Xenon plans still on?
I think I am in the biggest dilemma of my life.. Xenon, Gypsy, Used Pajero.. the list goes on

Most Viewed