Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 15:10   #46

Folks,
As stated before, I am looking for a fully legal, showroom purchased used busa (2008 +) in and around Bangalore. I wanted to post this in the Classifieds - Wanted section but there isn't a section for bikes there. So, would be obliged if any of you can let me know if there are any such bikes available for sale. Please send me a PM and we can take it offline.

Thanks a lot.

Mods: If there is a section to post this on classifieds, please let me know and I'll remove this post. Thx.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:30   #47
Team-BHP Support

Sawyer, I'm a little late on this thread, but here's my two cent worth of advice.
If you see yourself touring on your two set of two wheels, or even Sunday morning breakfast rides to closeby joints on the highway, the Bandit is pretty much your best bet with the options currently available in the market.
However, if you are going to use the motorcycle for a daily commute to work, and occasional touring & otherwise highway rides, just settle for the CB1000 R. The CB would be a joy to ride around town and should be reasonably stable even on the highways. The build quality and longevity of parts on Hondas is from a league above and I think is surely worth a mention.

Oh yeah about the riding books, everyone seems to swear by twist of the wrist - Keith Code. Thats on top of my 'to order for bike' stuff right now.

manson.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Oh yeah about the riding books, everyone seems to swear by twist of the wrist - Keith Code. Thats on top of my 'to order for bike' stuff right now.
Got to get a copy myself. I've read Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch and the techniques, tips, etc. is well explained. Its an e-book though.
Old 18th August 2010, 19:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
If you see yourself touring on your two set of two wheels, or even Sunday morning breakfast rides to closeby joints on the highway, the Bandit is pretty much your best bet with the options currently available in the market.
However, if you are going to use the motorcycle for a daily commute to work, and occasional touring & otherwise highway rides, just settle for the CB1000 R. The CB would be a joy to ride around town and should be reasonably stable even on the highways. The build quality and longevity of parts on Hondas is from a league above and I think is surely worth a mention.
Thanks. The Honda also looks very flashy, and that may not always be a good thing! But I take your point about it's all round ability, and easy to use in the city traffic character. I don't really see myself doing long distance rides of more than 1000kms, round trip, 500kms on any given day, and the Honda may be just as good as the Bandit on those occasional rides. It also has an upright riding position, that is easy on the wrists/back. It lacks any fairing, but at speeds of up to 120/130 kmph, would that be tiring for a 5 hour highway run?
I also have some concerns about the Honda approach to after sales service from reading about how they/their dealers don't even bother to get the registration done on a new bike they have sold. From just what I have read, Suzuki seem to be more interested even after they have taken the money.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:11   #50
Senior - BHPian

Doing some more research into the three options, I see that the Honda develops its maximum torque at 8000 rpm, while the other two do this at 3500 rpm. I can't find any information about the torque curve on the Honda, perhaps it is pretty flat from 3000 rpm on, so the low speed drive character may be just as friendly as the other two for all I know. The other concern is about the radical styling of the Honda. It's in your face aggressive and some times that does not age as well as do bikes with more orthodox lines.
Old 20th August 2010, 06:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

More findings - it would appear that the Honda can only be serviced in Mumbai, because it is sold only there, not in Pune. The Suzuki quotes a price for Pune, so one would assume it is sold and serviced locally. The Yamaha has a company store in Pune, so that should be the best situation for both sales and support, I would imagine.
Old 21st August 2010, 11:40   #52
Team-BHP Support

I saw the Bandit today and it certainly looks a lot more impressive in the flesh than in photos. Really nice in a very understated way but there's no mistaking its a big bike the moment you sight that engine.

I also checked out an Y. R6; Y. R1; K. 650R; K. ZX6; Ducati Monster 796 (all principally from the standpoint of riding comfort and general ergonomics).

Amongst the 600 cc options the Suzuki was the most comfortable. The R6 is actually taller than the R1 making the latter more comfortable although in my personal opinion (and this is subjective) the R6 looks nicer than the R1.

@Sawyer: I'm really a little more impressed with the Bandit now that I've seen it in person. Its a slightly tall bike, perhaps a little taller than the MT - 01 as well but pretty cool looking in its understated way. Its a pity we can't get TDs of these bikes in India. Does the Suzuki Pune showroom at least display the bikes? I know the Mumbai one doesn't which is very annoying.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I saw the Bandit today and it certainly looks a lot more impressive in the flesh than in photos. Really nice in a very understated way but there's no mistaking its a big bike the moment you sight that engine.
@Sawyer: I'm really a little more impressed with the Bandit now that I've seen it in person. Its a slightly tall bike, perhaps a little taller than the MT - 01 as well but pretty cool looking in its understated way. Its a pity we can't get TDs of these bikes in India. Does the Suzuki Pune showroom at least display the bikes? I know the Mumbai one doesn't which is very annoying.
What was the color of the Bandit you looked at? I am not sure I like the grey, which leaves just the one other option, black. I still have to go to the showroom, but I would be hugely surprised to see a display piece there. Having to make these decisions without seeing the bikes is terrible.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:54   #54
Team-BHP Support

I saw a black and a blue. I thought the blue looked much nicer. Black makes it even more 'plain jane'. The color basically adds a little bit of life into the bike. I won't be surprised if the grey looks nicer just because its not black. I'll try and look out for grey bandits and take some pics for you. Also of the black but really these things only make sense when you see them in the flesh (other than the fact that I'm no great photographer).

PS: I'm currently out of India for a few days so please don't mistake it for my having seen these bikes in India or blue color being available in India.
Old 21st August 2010, 15:13   #55
Senior - BHPian

I see your point about any color breaking the monotony of black, and any pictures would be appreciated! If you get to see a Honda CB1000R in the flesh, I would appreciate comments on that one as well.
Old 22nd August 2010, 02:26   #56
Team-BHP Support

slightly OT but saw these today and couldn't resist putting them up. One is a HD and the other a Yamaha V Max
Attached Thumbnails
Bandit 1250/Yamaha MT01/HondaCB1000R/anything else?-dsc02385.jpg  

Bandit 1250/Yamaha MT01/HondaCB1000R/anything else?-dsc02369.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd August 2010 at 02:38.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:41   #57
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki is sold through Dream bikes in pune on MG road.A very friendly bunch of guys they are.One of thier mechs is very very well trained in servicing SBKs as he's been doing for the last decade.

Also the fact that they give free service to thier customers even in indore, dehradun etc says a lot about them.they just charge consumables,travel and lodging charges. from the owners.Also when i visited them a couple of days back they were ready to give some nice discounts/freebies with the bikes.And those were good discounts.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Suzuki is sold through Dream bikes in pune on MG road.A very friendly bunch of guys they are.One of thier mechs is very very well trained in servicing SBKs as he's been doing for the last decade.

Also the fact that they give free service to thier customers even in indore, dehradun etc says a lot about them.they just charge consumables,travel and lodging charges. from the owners.
This is a huge input in favor of the Bandit for me, thanks. I am sure you are referring to the outfit in the small lane connecting MG road to East street? - that is where I got my riding gear from a couple of years ago.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Yes thats the same place.I actually went to check out some riding gear there.Asked him about the deals on the bikes and the aftersales services as well.Very impressed with the after sales service.Also the owner Bunty is a very nice person.ready to help in any way possible.They have a bandit standing at their workshop so you can have a look and feel the bike too.They don't have the "Do Not Touch" attitude for the bikes.the display bikes are for people to sit and feel and they don't object as long as the visitors respectfully treat the bike.
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:44   #60
Team-BHP Support

@Sawyer. There you go mate. I went back to Metropolis to pick up some gear for myself. Took the pics you had requested earlier. Cheers, enjoy !!

Blue Bandit - 2 pics
Black bandit - tried hard to get a decent pic but all the bikes were lined up so very diff to get a decent pic.
Honda CB1000R - again stuck between 2 bikes but tried to get as much of a pic as possible.

On the whole, I think the Bandit looked a little better and more grown up than the Honda but all this is personal of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Bandit 1250/Yamaha MT01/HondaCB1000R/anything else?-dsc02396.jpg  

Bandit 1250/Yamaha MT01/HondaCB1000R/anything else?-dsc02399.jpg  

Bandit 1250/Yamaha MT01/HondaCB1000R/anything else?-dsc02402.jpg  

Bandit 1250/Yamaha MT01/HondaCB1000R/anything else?-dsc02406.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks