Team-BHP - Bandit 1250/Yamaha MT01/HondaCB1000R/anything else?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Bandit 1250/Yamaha MT01/HondaCB1000R/anything else? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/87139-bandit-1250-yamaha-mt01-hondacb1000r-anything-else-6.html)

Oh by the way if you're thinking why i posted this here.Well since you're not exactly finding it sensible in investing in a SBK for touring etc.this can be a very good touring engine.400cc with a decent 31bhp is pretty good.along with its equally roumered 30k landing price in india.I'm actually waiting for a few guys to locate someone who can bring these to india and i'll have two of them.

@ sawyer: what's your decision for new bike? And does arrival of new bike mean sale of Bullet 500? If yes, do let me know.

Sawyer,

Have been reading your impressions for sometime and just now went through the whole thread once again. Have you decided on anything?

If you have checked the 2 Ducati 803s - Monster and HM, please do pen your thoughts. Thanks!

Anyway, seems there will be a new kid on the block soon- The Yamaha FZ1 should be launched this November at 8.7 lacs ex-showroom.

Bangalore Wheels

I have seen many of these in europe doing good touring duty.

You've picked 3 bikes from different biking religions and unless you yourself know what you want, this isn't a decision you will be able to take to it's logical conclusion. You've read my thread so you have a fair idea what the MT01 is like to own. I am happy to introduce you to Thor up close and personal but mind you - I keep my bikes only as clean as I can manage because I ride them a LOT. My MT01 will always have mud-stains on it because I don't stop for anyone...not even the rain. If that is ok with you then be advised that you are welcome to ring me up to see the bike and I can give you a ride as well.

CB1000R is a hooligan machine. It goes like a #(^$(&^#@%! and it is extremely usable on Indian roads. Fuel is still a bit of an issue but not that much...Extrapremium will do nicely. I think it is a fantastic bike...the reason I didn't get one is because I wasn't sure of Honda service (back then) and I didn't like the look of the CB. The MT01 is more "Me" = sedate when you look at it from the front, weird when looked at from the left, bonkers when looked at from the right and scary when you look at one from behind. I think 4 in 1 is a good deal :)

The bandit just looks wrong regardless of how awesome it is for our roads. Possibly the most accomplished bike for Indian conditions and one that will take you anywhere you have the gumption to drop it's wheels. The decidedly un-premium look and fit/finish is where it drops the ball. If you can overlook that then you will have a bike that you will find hard to stop and kill the ignition...just makes you want to go on and on and on and...

You get my drift.

Or have I just made this harder for you? :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari (Post 2116925)
Or have I just made this harder for you? :p

If GSF has made it little difficult for you, then as in KBC, I will provide a help line.

Cut out CB 1000. Decide between MT01 or Bandit. I am very partial to the Yamaha genere. But have great admiration for the Sukis as well.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 2119925)
Cut out CB 1000. Decide between MT01 or Bandit. I am very partial to the Yamaha genere. But have great admiration for the Sukis as well.

Why wouldn't he ride all the short-listed bikes to make things simple for himself?

I on a short ride can make out what rocks my boat. And if still undecided, pick what looks hottest to youstupid:

Decision still pending, folks....and no, it does not mean I will sell the Bullet!
I am just mulling over how much use the bike will see in a year...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 2124831)
Decision still pending, folks....and no, it does not mean I will sell the Bullet!

May I say.. You're taking too long to think. Forget it?

do consider the ducatis as well now that they are more easily available

It makes perfect sense to wait for some time.

Hyosung will offer their range in March
Ducati are planning to open more dealerships and hopefully a better service network and the last I heard they plan to offer a cheaper 800cc through Thailand
Harley are planning for a CKD route
And maybe we can see a 600cc Kawacker as well

So, more options :)

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I just had to comment, no one should ever think of CB1000R or FZ1 as a touring bike.

Instead of FZ1, look at FJR1300. And instead of CB1000R, how about a VFR (intercepter in the US).

I don't know if you can buy any of these bikes in India, but they would be much more practical as a distance runner than pocket rocket sport bikes designed more for track-like usage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 2124831)

Hey Sawyer, any decision on this? Have you gone for the Bandit or the MT01?

Want to know more about your decision and ownership experience. Also, do not forget the pics...