Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 15:59   #16
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2010 at 17:33.
Visaster is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th September 2010, 18:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations buddy !! Its my dream bike. How do you enjoy the ride in Dubai considering the year-long heat and dust, specially the ever increasing traffic jams at office hours ? Bring it to India, enjoy the country side
Old 30th September 2010, 21:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

As the pictures progress, your grin gets, well grinnier. Says it all.

Enjoy the bike. And life.

Get proper riding gear!

Regards
Sutripta
Old 30th September 2010, 21:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Sweet ride you got yourself!

Do post a video/ sound clip of the pipes.

I hope you've got some good gear to go with the bike. High ankle boots, for starters.
Ride safe buddy!
Old 30th September 2010, 22:30   #20
BHPian

Congrats !! Its a sweet ride and the exhaust note of this model vehicle is super cool. Do post some more pics of your ride.
Old 1st October 2010, 19:21   #21
BHPian

Hey Guys, Stop asking non-Indian questions please.

@ Milind - Milage Kitna Deti Hai?

Jokes Apart Sir, Congratulations on the beauty.

Great Pictures!!! Keep them coming, will be looking forward to the ownership report and travelogues.
Old 3rd October 2010, 01:06   #22
BHPian

Dear Fellow Rider,
Thank you very much for your appreciation and good wishes. Today I am feeling happier getting your all your affection then the day I actually bought this bike.

I am sorry to answer you late because this was a very very hectic week for me professionally and I hope you all will forgive me.

The images are taken by my friend - Charlotte Simpson of Hotshots Dubai. She is a very renowned professional photographer of MiddleEast. I was visiting her place and she was very kind to take these images so that I can upload and share them with you.

Regarding the riding experience, I have only covered 504 kms on city road till date so it is too early to write a detail riding experience. However, the response is very quick but smooth and surely loud. But the engine generates a lot of heat. Especially when I stop in the traffic signals, I can feel the real heat emitting from the engine. Too hot...

The maximum speed I reached is 120km/hr and this is very normal - I mean without any extra effort. It is very stable and while taking curves, the bike can be tilted to the maximum.

Today only I got the HOG (Harley Owners Group) membership, so may be in coming months I will go for a long ride. Sure to post more riding experience and some special photos. But before that I really need a good leather jacket and a riding boot, (Kocharji, can I have it from Agra...), driving gloves, some tattoo and a "special riding companion".

And, you will not believe me, in dubai it is normal to have top class cars in the road, still the Harley attracts a lot of attention. I think this is due to very very few motorcycles in the road and the Harley factor. I have to keep it covered in the parking otherwise too much people clicking photo sitting on it.

Answer to some queries:
1. Price : AED 40,000.00 (excluding insurance - AED 2900.00, registration - AED 700.00 and any extra fittings)

2. Bike cover - AED 550.00, Helmet (AVG) - AED 530.00

3. 12kms / lit approximately

4. No kick start system

5. Headlight is always on (No off switch - only high beam and low beam)

6. Turn signals auto off (like car)

7. Only side stand

8. Can not start while the side stand is down

9. Full remote control

10. Standard is single seat and without pillion footrest.

Thank you all once again.

Regards

Milinda JP
+971558916441

Last edited by milindajp : 3rd October 2010 at 01:17.
Old 3rd October 2010, 06:10   #23
BANNED

Hey there,

Congrats on your new Nightster. Good looking color.

my 2 paisa:
1. Dont go for just any leather jacket, get proper motorcycle jacket with hidden protection built in. Will look just as good. Might cost a little extra, but worth the investment.
2. Same with boots. Get riding boots. I know the Harley boots at the dealership are pricey, but you can get really good deals online and shipping to Dubai should be easy. Your bike weighs around 260 kgs, and you could hurt your feet just by moving it around and losing foothold, not necessarily in a crash.

Few things from your post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by milindajp;2092052

3. 12kms / lit approximately

12?! Are you sure? Even in Indian driving conditions I can manage 17-18. Surely Dubai highway driving can give you more.

8. Can not start while the side stand is down

Sure you can. As long as its in Neutral. Maybe you mean cannot move (engage gear) with stand down.

9. Full remote control

?! Its just the RF transmitter for the immobilizer and alarm.

Thank you all once again.

Regards

Milinda JP
+971558916441
Enjoy your ride safely.
Old 3rd October 2010, 11:20   #24
BHPian

Gthang - thanks buddy for pointing out my mistakes and for your advise.

1. I am not very sure but I have seen that with 8 lits I can go around 100 kms - so I said 12kms/lit. But the road I tested is Jumeirah Beach Road which is not a highway and there are a lot of traffic signals. And may be, after the first servicing which is due at 1000kms, I will get better mileage. But again, I tell you sir, I may not be entirely right - I am new and need more time to perfectly give any statistics.

2. Yes, can start the machine but can't engage the gear. I am sorry for this mistake. My apology.

3. By telling full remote control, I meant the immobilizer and alarm. What else we can expect in a motorcycle sir? And I think most of the vehicle remotes work as RF Transmitter. Please shed some more light if I am wrong....

Regards
Old 3rd October 2010, 20:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Have you practiced picking up the bike (without hurting yourself)?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 6th October 2010, 11:04   #26
BHPian

Congrats, looks gorgeous!!
Old 7th October 2010, 08:21   #27
BHPian

My sincere suggestion, if you still havent got a boot then get a boot made by HD.
This will be expensive compared to other one, but HD gives you a guarantee that their shoes dont melt when you keep it on exhaust...

I myself havent tried this but have heard it from all the dealers in US
BTW I hate boots and always my first love CONVERSE
Old 7th October 2010, 08:46   #28
BHPian

Congratulations

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th October 2010 at 11:36.
streetrage911 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2010, 10:20   #29
BHPian

Thats a gorgeous looking bike, Congrats mate.

Ride Safe
Old 7th October 2010, 17:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Milind,

Congratulations Man!

Very convenient of you to have lost my phone number at the most crucial time, and I became the last person to get to know about your bike.

As I mentioned I am tied up on the weekends until 14th November. From then on we will be out with the first light every Friday.

I am sure that since you are using it as your commuter bike as well, you are getting enough time astride. But nothing like the open back-roads with almost no traffic in the early morning.

See you and your ride soon

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Most Viewed