Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2010, 21:08   #46
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post

Thanks for the questions you asked. Will get it cleard with the dealership.
One more request

While you ask them the questions could you also get the clarification on the Euro 3 emission standards? And hope they are providing all the literature/manuals et al!

And I agree with others in your buying the riding gear first before you touch the throttle ;-)
Old 26th October 2010, 10:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cant Agree more, My bldg had 2 busa's wrapped in covers & kids were all over it, not only kids but a lot of youngster and even drivers standing down at the building used to sit & click snaps. The owners had to shift the busa someplace else due to this.
For your above problem i would suggest you to buy the Oxford Rainex bike cover.

Its a pretty heavy cover with locking feature not just in the center but you can lock the cover on to the front and rear wheels too. This will ensure that no one pulls off the cover and sits on the bike. Plus the cover is heat proof and fire resistant so you dont have to wait till the bike has cooled down before covering it

Hope this helps.
Old 26th October 2010, 10:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Regardless of anything practical like where to ride, when to ride, what gear, finances, etc, I assure you the visual treat you will get every time you look at your bike will be worth everything.

Just a tip on riding gear, from what I have seen, you can get excellent jackets, gloves and not too bad a selection on helmets in India. Like most have suggested, Planet DSG is a really good place. The DSG branded gloves are excellent quality and real value for money. The jackets are not too shabby either, with designs cues taken from other major brands like AStars and JRocket. Fit and finish is excellent for the price range.

As far riding boots goes, good ones are hard to come by. Most stores/websites have full length boots with all kinds of buckles and decals that do not gel too well with naked street bike look. Prices also not too cheap. As a suggestion from personal experience, try out FC-Moto.de - FC-Moto Shop Its a German website that have excellent selection of PUMA riding boots. I bought a pair of Puma Desmo GTX boots and I absolutely love them. The Puma range is really good with very discrete looking protection. You can get a pair of boots including shipping much cheaper than anything I have seen available in India.

I would NOT recommend getting your bike first and gear later. Always get your gear first. It will be very very difficult to control your throttle as soon as you start riding, and you will unknowingly put yourself in an unsafe position. Always ride with gear. Even to the corner store!!

Enjoy your ride. Not your fault, but I envy Ducati owners

Hey great website & really drooling on one of the Puma shoes for approx 15k. Will see few more before settling down on that one. Thanks again for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
One more request

While you ask them the questions could you also get the clarification on the Euro 3 emission standards? And hope they are providing all the literature/manuals et al!

And I agree with others in your buying the riding gear first before you touch the throttle ;-)
Will be visiting in a day or 2 for the next payment. Will surely ask this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
For your above problem i would suggest you to buy the Oxford Rainex bike cover.

Its a pretty heavy cover with locking feature not just in the center but you can lock the cover on to the front and rear wheels too. This will ensure that no one pulls off the cover and sits on the bike. Plus the cover is heat proof and fire resistant so you dont have to wait till the bike has cooled down before covering it

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks for the sugesstion, I did'nt have any clue on the bike covers. I did check out the brand u suggested & there are few models in that as well...any particular one that you suggest?
Old 26th October 2010, 14:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Before you pay up I would ask to see the service center and meet the mechanic. Ask to look at their workshop manual, service manual for your motorcycle. These manuals will have the full tools list - ask for a copy.

Check if they have basic stuff like a rear stand, front stand, lifting crane, pneumatic tools, torque wrench (very important), chain breaking tool, spark plug spanner, allen key set and other basic tools.
Old 26th October 2010, 16:43   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the sugesstion, I did'nt have any clue on the bike covers. I did check out the brand u suggested & there are few models in that as well...any particular one that you suggest?
I guess the Oxford covers come in different sizes depending on the type of the bike (harley, etc.).

P.S. check this post of mine. Since you need riding gear, I thought this might be helpful. -- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2119058
Old 27th October 2010, 09:19   #51
BHPian

Congrats Nadim ... when are they delivering the bike?
Old 29th October 2010, 01:37   #52
BHPian

Congratulations, it looks very nice!

And yes, the blatant disregard for someone else's property that you often see in India, is very saddening. Ride safe, and take good care of it.

Enjoy!
Old 30th October 2010, 18:21   #53
Team-BHP Support

Great stuff man, the duke numbers have really begun to swell off late. The correction on pricing seems to have worked their way, now if they can get their after sales service act together they would surely seal their presence in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Discipline / Riding-distance and SBK groups don't really go hand in hand
Contrary to Guru's post and his constant rant against the Sunday morning rides (comeon man, the boys some slack), I strongly recommend finding yourself a group to ride with if you aren't a seasoned rider, does not matter what the other guys in the group ride though as long as they are a disciplined bunch.

As someone has already mentioned, this seems like a luxury set of wheels and you will mostly get bored of riding it around town. Even if you do not get bored, you really need to head out a little to explore your new acquisition, its capabilities and have a litte more fun with it. But doing that by yourself, or with a erratic unknown bunch of riders could prove dangerous as you may easily get carried away by the adrenalin rush around you.
Ideally, get your bike, ride it around for a few weeks in town to familiarise yourself with with bike, get some some early morning rides (30-40 kms within city) under your belt to explore the slightly faster side of your motorcycle and how good you are with your reflexes before you jump onto the low flying bandwagon to Lonavala, Manor and other such destinations. Whenever you do, you take your initial rides with people who are level headed as their riding habits will often only be an extension of their mind.

When I landed myself my previous bike, I had ridden an RXG for a couple of years within city limits and not owned a bike for over five years, if not longer. I landed myself a great group of riders in the form of Robin, Gerard, Rpanicker, Kishore (Gr8guzzler) and the likes within a couple of months of having brought home the Thunderace.
Though on slower bikes than mine, they did not mind slowing down for a slower rider and were extremely patient and exhaustive in imparting advice realated to riding a motorcycle. Trust me, I could feel the improvement in riding style through every Sunday morning ride with these guys.

Through the weekends, there would be guest appearances or crossing the slightly dare devil natured riders, but our group mostly weathered them out. Our bikes were a mixed bunch comprising of two funduros, ZZR 400, Kishore' Pulsar 180, my Thunderace, Veyron's Karizma, Rajesh's Ninja, Ankit's 954 and a couple of recent liter class cousins, but what kept us mostly together was my slow pace and the older guys' patience.
I should also mention that it felt a little weird and out of place when I wasn't riding with the guys mentioned above, and I obviously would even feel relatively safer when you're riding with guys in their lathe 40's and early 50s. Probably the reason why I haven't ridden the 954 as much inspite of it being a much more fun bike than the Thunderace.

I hope I haven't worked you up or anything close to that, just trying to explain to you how important it is to having a riding group with similar (and more importantly safe) riding style as yours in the initial stages.

As I had read long ago on another forum, "Your skills will help get you out of trouble if you dont ride over the limit.
Once your skill level goes up you'll have two choices. Travel at a reasonable speed on the street and give yourself a cushion or roll the dice and play with your life."

manson.
Old 30th October 2010, 20:19   #54
Senior - BHPian

Ok...maybe I was being a bit harsh. Not everyone has the luxury of time and holidays and maybe even mindset that I do. I also agree with everything Manson just said...there are a lot of advantages in riding with a group because it becomes more than just getting from point A-B quickly...it becomes an experience. Stopping for sutta, chai and pics gives you time to think about the ride until that point and anticipate the road ahead. In my case it is often just mile crunching and hitting mileage targets every hour. Some of the fun goes out of it if you ride alone and things can get serious very quickly (serious in this case means grim concentration and metronomic riding).
Old 1st November 2010, 16:42   #55
BHPian

Just got news from the dealer. The bike has landed in mumbai & at the moment its waiting to be cleared by the customs, which will take time due to Diwali.

90% of the payment is done & only the registration amount remains. The expected deliver period is on the 20th of November, so keeping my fingers crossed coz any more delay will make me go beserk :P.
Old 2nd November 2010, 09:45   #56
BHPian

What all colour options do you have on the 796 ? are they selling the logomania colour schemes ?
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:08   #57
BHPian

At the moment they only have RED & Black. White will be avaliable from Jan & they are not selling logomania colour schemes sadly
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:49   #58
BHPian

Quote:
At the moment they only have RED & Black. White will be avaliable from Jan & they are not selling logomania colour schemes sadly
Damn! Why not? Did they give you reason for this?
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:53   #59
BHPian

No idea yaar. Got the news that registration will take another 15-20 days so the bike will be delivered by this month end of 1st week of Dec. That completly breaks my heart. He is ready to give the bike on TC no so I am not sure to take the delivery early or not.
Suggestions need !!!

Last edited by nadim_90210 : 2nd November 2010 at 17:54.
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:53   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Thats very sad .... i guess it will increase their logistics for parts thats why they are not keeping it .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks