Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2010, 11:01   #76
BHPian

@Nadim : How long is the registration process going to take? Did you have to make a full payment before they sent the bike for registration?
Old 14th November 2010, 16:36   #77
Senior - BHPian

Guys, help me understand, what goes into first service other than oil change, filter clean/change, adjusting cables & nuts? Labour should be free isn't it? Why does it cost even 8K? Does a litre of oil cost so much?

Edit - Forgot one more thing - water wash

Last edited by aargee : 14th November 2010 at 16:37.
Old 14th November 2010, 22:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

First Service:
1. Oil filter change
2. Oil change
3. Air filter change (no cleaning)
4. Adjusting all fasteners
5. Water-wash and polish
6. Chain service

No CBU bike gets free labour. Labour is the most significant chunk of the service cost. First service doesn't cost 8k unless you go for fancy lubricants which the dealership will try to shove on you. Just stick to what is recommended in the manual.
Old 15th November 2010, 11:41   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
@Nadim : How long is the registration process going to take? Did you have to make a full payment before they sent the bike for registration?

As Informed by the dealer, its going to take 15-20 days & I really dont know why. I have made 100% payment including for the registration as well, so from here on its gonna be a long wait.
Old 15th November 2010, 12:07   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
As Informed by the dealer, its going to take 15-20 days & I really dont know why. I have made 100% payment including for the registration as well, so from here on its gonna be a long wait.
Congrats nadim on this Super brat bike, I love the stance and naked styling... true DNA of a street bike. The build quality looks top notch at least from the pics that I have seen so far. I'm sure it will be worth the wait once you are on top of her.
Old 15th November 2010, 12:10   #81
BHPian

I went to performance store in Mumbai & tried few Helmets & my initial reaction was these helmets are huge. As soon as I tried the first 1 (Joe Rocket) I could feel the strain on my neck straightaway. I tried few more like KBC & Arai. No doubt Arai is the best in terms of the weight & Comfort wise but when it came to the price part can cause a huge hole in the pocket with a starting price of 30k.

I also tried few Jet-type helmets (Half Covered), which I found to be very comfortable but the question is, are those helmets safe enough for the ride. Please note that mostly I will be riding the Monster in Mumbai city & at rare occasion will take it out for a nice long drive outside the city.

Here is the link of what I am considering. Please do advice.

BACHOO MOTOR & CYCLE COMPANY
Old 15th November 2010, 12:22   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Congrats nadim on this Super brat bike, I love the stance and naked styling... true DNA of a street bike. The build quality looks top notch at least from the pics that I have seen so far. I'm sure it will be worth the wait once you are on top of her.

Thanks Bro....Anytime this week the Monster is expected to be delivered. The wait is just getting longer :P
Old 15th November 2010, 13:02   #83
Team-BHP Support

The safest is a full face helmet. No two ways about this and with such a powerful vehicle I'd recommend you stick to a full face.
Old 15th November 2010, 13:54   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
The safest is a full face helmet. No two ways about this and with such a powerful vehicle I'd recommend you stick to a full face.

I suffer from minor Neck pain & all the full face helmet I tried was giving strain to the neck within minutes, now I may get adjusted to this but again I took review from couple of SBK riders & both of them mentioned about the Full face helmets not being comfortable for longer riders making me all the more confused. Thats why I need suggestions.
Old 15th November 2010, 14:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Nadim - did you try the carbon KBC helmet? Check with Vicky Jaising for different CF helmets because these are the lightest you can buy. You will get used to full-face helmets...the pain is worse if you fall and have the front of your face erased by the road!
Old 15th November 2010, 15:04   #86
Team-BHP Support

+1 to what GSFerrari has said. Its very easy getting used to a full face (they have decent ventilation as well now). Half face is not even an option believe me. You will invariably be at higher speeds in a bike like this than a regular 150 cc commuter. Its just not worth risking getting your jaw fractured or your face hurt badly god forbid you face a crash. I personally also think the full face protects you much better from the wind etc which these fancy half visor half face don't offer.

I have a really expensive half face Diesel as well as a Rs. 3000 ordinary full face helmet. Believe me its the latter that I prefer on most rides, whether in the city or out of town. Feels completely insulated from wind, dust etc not to mention the enhanced safety.
Old 15th November 2010, 22:43   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
I suffer from minor Neck pain & all the full face helmet I tried was giving strain to the neck within minutes, now I may get adjusted to this but again I took review from couple of SBK riders & both of them mentioned about the Full face helmets not being comfortable for longer riders making me all the more confused. Thats why I need suggestions.
nadim- For protection, the full face helmet is always the best one esp the jaws. I know carbon fiber helmets are usually very expensive and very light as well, but a good alternative is the SHOEI RF1000 series, they are considerably lighter than Arai & other top brand full face helmets. If anybody near you has one, I suggest you request & try it out. As for long rides, you get used to their weight after using them for a while. But still I recommend again going for a full face helmet unless your existing neck pain is really bad & bothersome.
Old 16th November 2010, 08:30   #88
Senior - BHPian

Check with a doc re. the neck because I don't think this kind of pain is entirely normal. I wouldn't want to suggest a FF helmet and then you end up having some medical situation as a result. If it is simply getting your neck used to the forces and weight then a few days in the gym to toughen up the upper shoulder and neck muscles will do the trick.
Old 16th November 2010, 09:03   #89
BHPian

Hi Nadim,

One of my close friend got the delivery of his monster last week, we had the bike registered in N. Mumbai the very 2nd day. We took this monster for a countryside ride on sunday morning along with my baby ninja and a RE 500 LB, trust me its a fantastic machine with more than ample of torque and power.

On the return journey we were treated with some heavy thunder and showers at lonavala.

Overall it was a fun day out, we managed a few high speed runs at the Panvel By-pass with the monster zooming past 180kmph and it was difficult keeping up with him but still managed a decent 160kmph.
Attached Thumbnails
Impulsive Buying: Booked The Ducati Monster 796 - RED!!!-14112010227.jpg  

Impulsive Buying: Booked The Ducati Monster 796 - RED!!!-14112010228.jpg  

Impulsive Buying: Booked The Ducati Monster 796 - RED!!!-14112010283.jpg  

Impulsive Buying: Booked The Ducati Monster 796 - RED!!!-14112010281.jpg  

Old 16th November 2010, 10:13   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hi Nadim,

One of my close friend got the delivery of his monster last week, we had the bike registered in N. Mumbai the very 2nd day.
Is the white colour available ? I thot nadim said it will be only from Jan next year...

Moreover , did you use some links to get the bike registered within 2 days?

If your frnd is on tbhp , can you please ask him to write a ownership experience here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks